R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Onroad Nitro Engine Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone-71/)
-   -   RB T10 Vs. T11 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone/519454-rb-t10-vs-t11.html)

DJ_Shakespear 06-02-2011 03:24 AM

RB T10 Vs. T11

Just curious, I was looking at the exploded views of both the T10 and 11 and noticed that they use the exact same crank ,P/S set and case.

So basically the T11 is a T10 but with a different head?
I don't want to be sceptic here, but I figured they would at least have different port timing or something, but just going by the exploded diagrams and part numbers they are pretty much exactly the same (apart from the price :D)

So can anybody shed me some light on how they differ??

Roelof 06-02-2011 04:41 AM

It is a commercial thing.....

The Neurnberg toyfair is leading in this, most big factories are using this fair to show their latest models. Customers (for sure we: the onroad RC racers) are very sensitive for "new products" so the manufacturers have to come up with something new or else the customer goes to another brand who does have something new.

And face it, if an engine is very competive, why would you change it?
Thats why most brands are working on the looks. They are lowering the head and making more and bigger cuts and grooves inside the engine because we think it makes the engine better.

DJ_Shakespear 06-02-2011 05:36 AM

:D
I would've thought so... I mean, why keep the exact same parts that matter the most through to the next series of engines (not including the RC and RS)? At least change something, but then again that's why they have their "Tuned" series - the RC and RS versions are different.
I wonder if the RC versions (10 v 11) are the same as well (crank and sleeve timings)
The T11RS looks absolutely wonderful, but almost $500?:eek:It's extortionate I tell you!
Im just debating with myself, seeing as I need a new crankshaft for my T10 - but I don't know how good the P/S is, if I ran the engine in correctly or not:cry:
It feels OK turning it with my fingers, but I can hear a tiny amount of air escaping after the piston passes the exhaust port. Otherwise the compression feels quite nice IMO. A proper run should tell me how good it is, but I have no car to put it in:flaming:

Roelof 06-02-2011 05:54 AM

You are a bit into modifying engines, Why not getting a Basic N12T1 and give it a Mega MF (mod) timing which can be found at www.first-racing.eu? (The Mega MF is based on the same engine bore x stroke)

It is the cheapest solution to get a competive engine.

DJ_Shakespear 06-02-2011 06:58 PM

I would love to give it that mod, but my problem is that I dont use a degree wheel, I basically go to a point where I know it will work better than stock :/ within limitations of course.
Im sure my p/s is still good, but once it starts giving me headaches (knowing its a compression problem) and depending when it dies, I will either get an STS engine to have fun with, or get the T11RC or Flash PT for basically the same price racing competitively.

Anthony.B 06-06-2011 03:30 AM

Hello drivers,
T11rc is the improved version of the T10rc. On T11rc we find the main characteristics as the T10rc (diagrams, crankshaft, etc ...) but T11rc have some improvements like new carburetor, and bearings.
All in all, performances between T10rc and T11rc are the same, but t11rc is easier to use ... ;)

DJ_Shakespear 06-06-2011 04:01 AM

Good to hear the T11RC is better than the T10RC, but it isn't what I was asking but that doesn't matter.

After all, they could have changed the timings on the cranks/sleeve as well.

Pattojnr 06-06-2011 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by DJ_Shakespear (Post 9202457)
I would love to give it that mod, but my problem is that I dont use a degree wheel, I basically go to a point where I know it will work better than stock :/ within limitations of course.
Im sure my p/s is still good, but once it starts giving me headaches (knowing its a compression problem) and depending when it dies, I will either get an STS engine to have fun with, or get the T11RC or Flash PT for basically the same price racing competitively.

if you dont use a degree wheel, then how do you know when to stop ? its too easy to go too far to effect run time. precision in these engines is paramount, or you can hack away all the good work the production has done to serve the customer with a reliable engine that can make the run time. :rolleyes:

DJ_Shakespear 06-06-2011 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Pattojnr (Post 9215738)
if you dont use a degree wheel, then how do you know when to stop ? its too easy to go too far to effect run time. precision in these engines is paramount, or you can hack away all the good work the production has done to serve the customer with a reliable engine that can make the run time. :rolleyes:

Measurements and a good steady hand :D
I have only worked on standard engines so far, not "Tuned" engines, so the window of error is a little smaller.
IMO I do very little to "Tuned" engines, I mean they are already good they way they are (Flash .12 Tuned for example) so the gain is little.
But in the engines I have modded, not a single one has gone wrong - only improved A LOT compared to stock.:nod:

Pattojnr 06-06-2011 06:35 AM

ok so when some one asks you to Mod a $700 8th scale engine new out of the box, you will have the confidence to do so ? im not trying to take the piss, but you seem to know where to do this where to do that, and then you say you dont use a degree wheel. a std engine you will notice anything you do, but the best modders can take a high end motor and make it better. that is precision, and tools are needed to do so. so you really are just tinkering around. it takes time, money, and trial and error to make improvements to high end engines, and unless you use a degree wheel, you have no idea what you are doing to the crank. every post i read, you have an opinion about everyone elses problems, yet, you can not take note of the people that offer advice, you take it as a fight or a game. enough said, i will just steer clear of what you say, cause you have a way of saying things like you know how to sort this or that, but yet not really offer any help if you read it a few times. so good luck with your guess work. im sure in your mind you know what your doing, i Guess. :tire:

DJ_Shakespear 06-06-2011 07:23 PM

O.o wow

No faith :D

HoboShop 06-06-2011 07:46 PM

Murnan can mod a tuned motor and make it faster and keep the runtime.

Pattojnr 06-06-2011 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by DJ_Shakespear (Post 9219413)
O.o wow

No faith :D

there you go again. i said not takin the piss, and advised you the tools needed to do it properly with precision, and you cant take it the right way. yet you feel the need to PM me and explain why you dont do this, and still you say the work you do works. not doubting that as you would not touch a high end motor. only way to get better is to use the right tools to do the job, and start playing a little at a time with the high end motors. once they are reliable, powerfull and remain tuneable and runtime, then can you offer advice. i have more of an issue with your advice on things you do not run.

if you dont know, let someone who does answer for help, not just chime in with dribble.

DJ_Shakespear 06-06-2011 10:51 PM

cmon man, I was joking around!!

Ghett0 06-07-2011 01:29 AM

T11 very strong, im a novarossi fan but the T11 has tons of power
http://i51.tinypic.com/29dwv21.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/ajl11v.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/dzgeus.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/vo4jyh.jpg