R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 09-05-2004, 09:50 PM   #46
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by compaq888
I have a lap system on my JR xs3 pro radio, I ain't going to spend $200 on a radio and not have a lap system.
my radio has a lap counter on it too but never used it. i found it hard to concentrate on my driving while try to keep the lap time at the same time. maybe you can do better than most of us, young kid's reflexes is hard to beat.

wish they put a mp3 player on it instead.
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 10:40 PM   #47
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Originally posted by Data
my radio has a lap counter on it too but never used it. i found it hard to concentrate on my driving while try to keep the lap time at the same time. maybe you can do better than most of us, young kid's reflexes is hard to beat.

LoL, may be young kids can handle a VCR or DVD on their radio too! better yet, they might be able to handle driving the car on the radio with camera on the car itself?
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 01:48 AM   #48
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to compaq888

Quote:
Originally posted by Data

you are right, every time I have to press the lap button I have to let go off the trigger a little bit. I usually press the lap button at the same place on the track. Never early, usually late.

Actually the first day i brought the radio I started out with 25 second laps and the time kept going down. It just keeps getting better with practice.

I'll try to make it next weekend, I've been really busy.
compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 01:50 AM   #49
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10
better yet, they might be able to handle driving the car on the radio with camera on the car itself?
why not? It'd be like a video game, only more realistic, every time you crash you go to hobby shop
Old 09-06-2004, 08:04 AM   #50
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

I don't know where you got your numbers, but due to my calculations if I go with the 45/21 gearing combo I will get more accelaration but I will lose 3mph in the top end.
not necessarily. It may appear on paper that you loose 3mph at top end with lower gearing but you also have to factor in another factor which cant be figured. When you drop the gearing it also allows the engine to rev harder which adds more mph than gearing up.

This is the reason many people dont get the best out of their engines. They dont make the end of the straight with a certain gearing so they believe they have to gear up. The simple fact is the engine is not capable of pulling the original gearing and needs to drop a tooth to pull the car.
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 06:33 PM   #51
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
I love it when you guys are doubting me, that's why this hobby never gets boring.

I have a lap system on my JR xs3 pro radio, I ain't going to spend $200 on a radio and not have a lap system.

Shall we have a 20 page thread how inaccurate my lap counter is on my JR radio?

My average time is in the low 20's, I only managed to pull off one lap of 18.2
So if you didnt try to time your laps using your lap counter on your radio, you probably would've clocked a 17.2 instead of the 18.2. Not bad, Not bad at all. Consistent 17's would make you a B-Main winner at CPR.
TheeMikeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 10:07 PM   #52
Tech Addict

I got a long way before I can even think about racing. I drive differently when there is other cars on the track, I tend to crash more because I have to get off the "line" so they can either pass or I start driving fast.

Right now my main concern is to get everything out of the motor, the car, and myself.
Old 09-07-2004, 04:30 AM   #53
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I got a long way before I can even think about racing. I drive differently when there is other cars on the track, I tend to crash more because I have to get off the "line" so they can either pass or I start driving fast.

Right now my main concern is to get everything out of the motor, the car, and myself.
This is natural and nothing to worry about. We all have went through this. The only way to get through this stage is to keep practising with other cars on the track and try your best to ignore the fact they are there.

A little secret to help you on your way. The hardest thing to master is sticking to your line when faster guys are lapping you. Hook up with some of the faster guys and ask them to help work on this. Get them to talk to you when they are coming up behind. A good racer will always say in a friendly manner he is lapping you.

Sticking to your line is always better on straights cause when you start darting all over the track and jumping on the breaks you end up collecting the faster guy and breaking more parts.

If he is that much faster he will be fast enough to get past you safely without you slowing down or driving off your line.

In corners before easing off the throttle to let him past say which way you are going to go so he can pass safely. No need to drive off the track to let him past. Just run a couple of car widths off the racing line.

Hope this helps
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 07:34 AM   #54
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mckrooz
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
This is natural and nothing to worry about. We all have went through this. The only way to get through this stage is to keep practising with other cars on the track and try your best to ignore the fact they are there.

A little secret to help you on your way. The hardest thing to master is sticking to your line when faster guys are lapping you. Hook up with some of the faster guys and ask them to help work on this. Get them to talk to you when they are coming up behind. A good racer will always say in a friendly manner he is lapping you.

Sticking to your line is always better on straights cause when you start darting all over the track and jumping on the breaks you end up collecting the faster guy and breaking more parts.

If he is that much faster he will be fast enough to get past you safely without you slowing down or driving off your line.

In corners before easing off the throttle to let him past say which way you are going to go so he can pass safely. No need to drive off the track to let him past. Just run a couple of car widths off the racing line.

Hope this helps
Good stuff.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:41 PM   #55
Tech Adept

what a bash! Baka mitai na jai. pardon my Japanese, but I'm saying you're cool, compaq888 dude!
RC Dumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 11:40 PM   #56
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by RC Dumb
what a bash! Baka mitai na jai. pardon my Japanese, but I'm saying you're cool, compaq888 dude!
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
Old 09-08-2004, 06:39 AM   #57
Tech Adept

Default x12 non turbo rody version vs v12 non turbo rody version

Someone told me that the v12 non turbo rody version is exactly the same engine as the x12 non turbo rody version. Is it true?
raceblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 02:21 PM   #58
Tech Addict

what I have been told was that the RB v12 non turbo makes the same power as the X12 turbo.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:16 PM   #59
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

For $170 V12..............I don't see why V12 is NOT one of the best bargain and fast engine to have....too bad nitro season is almost the end...otherwise, that will be in my R40 for sure.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 06:59 PM   #60
Tech Adept

what the difference bettween 410 and 430 series?
RC Dumb is offline   Reply With Quote