Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new mega engines?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 11:03 PM
Tech Adept

Default new mega engines?

I just read recently that serpent is ending their relationship with Nova and colaborating with picco for their new Mega engines with a much lower price in mind.

I have found that the most prohibitive cost of nitro racing which stops me from competing at the high end of the hobby is the price of nitro engines. Serpent have stated that they will make their engines 30% to 50% cheaper than their current NOVAMega engines. Now here in Australia a nova mega .12 engine is around the Au$600 mark.
Now i am in the market for a new .12 engine but was wondering if its worth waiting it out for a new PiccoMega engine. Do people expect the performance to be up there with other modded engines from say JP or Rb with the new megas? DO people actually expect the prices to drop from say Au$600 to the $400 mark?

This theoretically would also bring the price of a .21 engine here in aus from au$1000+ to around the $600 $700 are which would also make 1/8th a little more appealing to alot of people.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:38 AM
Tech Regular

Default Mega engines

Hi Bleach1,

The new Mega engines are doing well during races in Europe.
Micheal Salven won the 1/10 Euro's with the new Mega, and Ilia van Gastel became third during the 1/8 Euro's.

I know when you don't have a sponsorship by Mega, you will never get the parts they use, but the engines still looking good.
I think the new Mega engine range will be a good option for a lot of racers.

I wouldn't wait for the engines to come out.
I will buy a new Mega, but not as soon as they are available.
I will wait a couple of months to see if the engines are durable or not.
Results during one week events cannot say anything about durability.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

In the European championship 1/10th last week we had about 10 drivers using the Mega engines. We had no problems all week and everyone that attended will tell you the performance was well on par if not better than the Nova based engines.

We will finalise design in the next weeks and start production. To show that we don't run modified engines, but run them as they are coming out of the machines at the Picco factory Michael Salven has opened his engine before the eyes of many that were there to show this.

Also at the end of the race the engine Michael used to win the final was given away to the youngest competitor of the race.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:06 AM
Suspended

Default UPDATED PICS

ANY UPDATED PICS WE CAN SEE OF THE ENGINES?
Old 08-31-2004, 11:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by Julius
In the European championship 1/10th last week we had about 10 drivers using the Mega engines. We had no problems all week and everyone that attended will tell you the performance was well on par if not better than the Nova based engines.

We will finalise design in the next weeks and start production. To show that we don't run modified engines, but run them as they are coming out of the machines at the Picco factory Michael Salven has opened his engine before the eyes of many that were there to show this.

Also at the end of the race the engine Michael used to win the final was given away to the youngest competitor of the race.
When will MS going to race next in USA...? I will do my best to sign up my 8 months old daugher to race and try to get one of his tunned engine for free.....LOL

See you guys at the Chicago Hobby show in October..........if you are coming with the Serpent USA ppl and please bring some Mega by Picco for pictures.