R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2004, 11:02 PM   #1
Tech Elite
 
VenomWorldOrder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: www.RCunderground.net
Posts: 4,063
Thumbs up if money was no object which engine would you buy?

if money wasn't an issue and you wanted to buy the best motor from JP, novarossi, novamax, serpent, rb, IDM, sts etc which would you buy?

i am currently looking at buying the new novaMAX p3 with a mugen seiki pipe, is this the quickest motor on the market?
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 11:20 PM   #2
Tech Elite
 
Roger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,312
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I would call NovaRossi and have them make me my own modified motors if money wasn't an object.
__________________
http://nitrokb.netne.net/profiles/RogerSerafin.html
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 11:50 PM   #3
Tech Elite
 
VenomWorldOrder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: www.RCunderground.net
Posts: 4,063
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Roger
I would call NovaRossi and have them make me my own modified motors if money wasn't an object.
you know what i mean, if you wanted to spend the cash what would you get? and why?

maybe i should rephrase it. do you want me to say "i can only afford $200 what can i get?"

i'm getting ready for the nationals and have sold my engine and pipe, i want the quickest, most reliable motor i can get.....and preferably the best suited pipe for it also. i heard good things about the mugen seiki pipe.
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 12:02 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic
 
revzalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nor * Cal
Posts: 958
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Smile

I've seen those factory racers use a new engine every heat. They go through so many engines like it was nothing. Lucky bastards!
__________________
www.revzalotmotorsports.com
revzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 12:15 AM   #5
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 338
Default

You could always get a JP or a Rody and then send it to Murnan or another modding company if you wanted. Another great engine would be the Mega KHM's but how many are around now i don't know and parts support for them.
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 04:41 AM   #6
Tech Elite
 
VenomWorldOrder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: www.RCunderground.net
Posts: 4,063
Default

i was thinking about going with the novamax p3, the version after the s3 that is comming out soon. any website were i can see specs, pics etc for the p3?

i tryed searching for a novamax website on google, but no luck.
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 07:56 AM   #7
Tech Regular
 
jrabbito's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 265
Default

Venom,

There is no such motor as the P3 in the current lineup. Only th S3 which was new for this year.

The S3 is a bomb of an engine. Extremely powerful.

Cheers,

John
jrabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 08:29 AM   #8
Tech Master
 
corvettecrazy's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: north of philly, PA
Posts: 1,156
Send a message via AIM to corvettecrazy
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by revzalot
I've seen those factory racers use a new engine every heat. They go through so many engines like it was nothing. Lucky bastards!
what happens to the engines after the 1 heat?? I would bet they have lots of life left in them.
corvettecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:24 AM   #9
Tech Regular
 
jrabbito's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 265
Default

The engines should easily last a season. That being said people in North America generally do not maintain the engines properly.

You must be replacing the conrods, carb orings and ither parts as regular maintenance to keep them performing well.

Also in the US many people run 30% nitro. In Europe they run only 16%. You must shim the engine properly or you will get pre-mature wear. I would recommend 20% nitro and see if that is sufficient at the local track.

John
jrabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:27 AM   #10
Tech Regular
 
jrabbito's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 265
Default

If you want a matched pipe and motor my suggestion is the NovaMax Motor and Pipe. Supper fast and quite reliable for a racing engine.
jrabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:28 PM   #11
Tech Elite
 
VenomWorldOrder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: www.RCunderground.net
Posts: 4,063
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jrabbito
If you want a matched pipe and motor my suggestion is the NovaMax Motor and Pipe. Supper fast and quite reliable for a racing engine.
any links were i can see pics, a shop a novamax site, anything?
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:44 PM   #12
Tech Fanatic
 
teammpp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 894
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by corvettecrazy
what happens to the engines after the 1 heat?? I would bet they have lots of life left in them.
4 things I have seen happen to factory 1 heat engines so far.

1. They are sent back to the factory for a rebuild.

2. They are used as testing engines at the next event or for working on new car part testing.

3. They are given away to newcomers who have little money but loads of talent for a fraction of the actual cost.

4. They are just thrown in the bin. (People like Sabbatini (SG) did this at World Championship events way back and there was a mad rush to go bin hoking to get yourself a top notch engine for club racing).
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 04:37 AM   #13
Tech Addict
 
Thunder racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: ((^^Keep It Sidewayz^^))
Posts: 536
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
4 things I have seen happen to factory 1 heat engines so far.

1. They are sent back to the factory for a rebuild.

2. They are used as testing engines at the next event or for working on new car part testing.

3. They are given away to newcomers who have little money but loads of talent for a fraction of the actual cost.

4. They are just thrown in the bin. (People like Sabbatini (SG) did this at World Championship events way back and there was a mad rush to go bin hoking to get yourself a top notch engine for club racing).
THATS CRAZY
Thunder racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 06:50 AM   #14
Tech Regular
 
jrabbito's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 265
Default

Venom,

what country are you located in?

Cheers,

john
jrabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 07:41 AM   #15
Tech Master
 
GT-4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,764
Default Re: if money was no object which engine would you buy?

Quote:
Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
if money wasn't an issue and you wanted to buy the best motor from JP, novarossi, novamax, serpent, rb, IDM, sts etc which would you buy?

i am currently looking at buying the new novaMAX p3 with a mugen seiki pipe, is this the quickest motor on the market?
JP all the way!
GT-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Money Bad!!!!!! Zac R R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 56 04-21-2006 06:29 PM
List your dream set-up (money no object) for a.... MCF Monster Trucks 19 02-25-2006 04:04 PM
What truck has the best engine and is best value for money rc fanatic Monster Trucks 6 05-27-2005 08:20 AM
How many money you would spend on one .21 buggy racing engine? dino.tw Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 2 02-12-2004 07:50 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:28 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net