R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #1
Tech Elite
 
hambone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bloomsburg, Pa.
Posts: 2,436
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Rody C5 Circuit

I know zip about onroad engines, but my C6 USA has what is supposed to be a C5 Rody head button with the teardrop cutout on the exhaust side. Anybody know if any of these are around? Supposed to be out of production. I heard an onroad engine came with them installed and they didn't work well on that engine so RB sent out normal onroad buttons for replacement. These buttons work great offroad. Also looking for the C5 Rody circuit crankshaft. Any help would be appreciated.
__________________
Rob Hamm
The Nitro Shop
Bones Motorsports
Answer-RC/TLR/Futaba
Snow Monkey Racing
hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

What exactly are you trying to find out? They were great engines, the head button worked fine, though I think a stock button actually makes a tad more power.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:28 PM   #3
Tech Elite
 
hambone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bloomsburg, Pa.
Posts: 2,436
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
What exactly are you trying to find out? They were great engines, the head button worked fine, though I think a stock button actually makes a tad more power.
I'm trying to find that button. It came on the limited edition C6 USA. It didn't work that well onroad. My C6 USA is at Clockworks and has been dynoed with the rody button vs the normal button. In this case it makes much better power in the offroad engine. I only have 1 and would like a spare.
__________________
Rob Hamm
The Nitro Shop
Bones Motorsports
Answer-RC/TLR/Futaba
Snow Monkey Racing
hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:34 PM   #4
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone View Post
I'm trying to find that button. It came on the limited edition C6 USA. It didn't work that well onroad. My C6 USA is at Clockworks and has been dynoed with the rody button vs the normal button. In this case it makes much better power in the offroad engine. I only have 1 and would like a spare.
Really, that's interesting. I know neal tested a three groove head and it lost power so I'm surprised it worked so well. I think I still have one around here somewhere but it's in rough shape. It detonated a bit and pitted up. I polished it up a bit and kept on running it like that, worked fine.

Just tell neal to cut a stock button. He can do it.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:05 PM   #5
Tech Elite
 
hambone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bloomsburg, Pa.
Posts: 2,436
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Really, that's interesting. I know neal tested a three groove head and it lost power so I'm surprised it worked so well. I think I still have one around here somewhere but it's in rough shape. It detonated a bit and pitted up. I polished it up a bit and kept on running it like that, worked fine.

Just tell neal to cut a stock button. He can do it.
Sent you a pm.
__________________
Rob Hamm
The Nitro Shop
Bones Motorsports
Answer-RC/TLR/Futaba
Snow Monkey Racing
hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:34 PM   #6
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

PM replied. I found my Rody button but it's in really rough shape.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:02 AM   #7
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

pic of mine
Attached Thumbnails
Rody C5 Circuit-1203001148.jpg  
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RB Engine Thread snowboardgeek1 Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 515 06-16-2017 11:28 AM
Complete Sellout Nitro, electronics, engines, kits, truers, tools, starter boxes, AMB FL_Racer R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 43 09-06-2005 02:09 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:32 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net