R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Onroad Nitro Engine Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone-71/)
-   -   Fake Murnan Modified Engine on Ebay (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone/451064-fake-murnan-modified-engine-ebay.html)

Grinder 11-09-2010 04:46 AM

Fake Murnan Modified Engine on Ebay

I have just noticed an engine being sold on Ebay that is being advertised as a Murnan Modified V Spec. I can tell from the pictures that it is not an engine that I modified.

I have contacted the seller, and they will not tell me the person's name who sold it to them, only that they got it when they purchased someones used equipment in a lot.

This type of thing has happened before, and it is very serious. If anyone knows anything about this, please pm me information.

Ebay has been informed, I just want to know some names.:flaming::flaming::flaming:

Here is the link.:flaming::flaming::flaming:

http://cgi.ebay.com/OS-21-vzb-v-spec...item20b4f9c5cd

Pattojnr 11-09-2010 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Grinder (Post 8186055)
I have just noticed an engine being sold on Ebay that is being advertised as a Murnan Modified V Spec. I can tell from the pictures that it is not an engine that I modified.

I have contacted the seller, and they will not tell me the person's name who sold it to them, only that they got it when they purchased someones used equipment in a lot.

This type of thing has happened before, and it is very serious. If anyone knows anything about this, please pm me information.

Ebay has been informed, I just want to know some names.:flaming::flaming::flaming:

unfortunately, it has happened to me also. not just ebay, but also on these for sale forums. it really put me off buying any modded motor, and any used engine. as just starting out in 8th scale, it cost a pretty penny , yet it just never went well. so i do Feel sorry for your reputation when it comes down to these Copies, Fakes, etc. Good luck with the Findings Grinder, i hope you can stamp out these idiots using your name .

anthonys88 11-09-2010 09:41 AM

you should maybe request the seller change the listing title to modified motor instead of Murnan modified

DJ_Shakespear 11-09-2010 01:32 PM

Maybe it is a Murnan modified engine, only not done by the Genuine Murnan, just a guy who happened to also be named Murnan :D:lol:
It doesn't seem to be done well either going by the pics.

GMartinez 11-09-2010 05:08 PM

Boy u sure were not kidding that is an ugly hack job see ya soon

ioxqq 11-11-2010 06:34 AM

i would say Collari modified, it sells more money then Murnan Modified.

wingracer 11-11-2010 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by ioxqq (Post 8195564)
i would say Collari modified, it sells more money then Murnan Modified.

Not in the US. Plus it's an offroad motor. How many offroad racers even know who Collari is? :D

Firefight750 11-11-2010 05:14 PM

:mad: And I bid on this NON "Murnan" Modified engine... :flaming:

Grinder 11-11-2010 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Firefight750 (Post 8197920)
:mad: And I bid on this NON "Murnan" Modified engine... :flaming:

I am thinking of bidding on it just to see who is selling it. I can't get a straight answer. The guy is saying he got it in a lot of used stuff, but it looks like he was also selling a fake Hot mods OS.18 crankshaft. I also saw a blurry picture of an EB mods crankshaft on his ebay. It is gone now too. The picture of the EB crank was too blurry to tell what it was. It was probably a fake too.

I think the other items were removed because no one bid on them yet, I don't think you can take down the ones that have bids.

I think he is worried he has been found out.

Michael_T 11-11-2010 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Grinder (Post 8198132)
I am thinking of bidding on it just to see who is selling it. I can't get a straight answer. The guy is saying he got it in a lot of used stuff, but it looks like he was also selling a fake Hot mods OS.18 crankshaft. I also saw a blurry picture of an EB mods crankshaft on his ebay. It is gone now too. The picture of the EB crank was too blurry to tell what it was. It was probably a fake too.

I think the other items were removed because no one bid on them yet, I don't think you can take down the ones that have bids.

I think he is worried he has been found out.

Uriah,

This guy certainly sells alot of engines (checking his feedback).

I supposed you can win the auction, get the guys details, then pull out of the deal because its a fake :sneaky:

Michael.

ioxqq 11-16-2010 06:32 AM

Grinder: US economy is so bad now. People started to do bad thing to make money or keep survive. You just can't stop it. Even eBay block his user account he can still easily open another account. Take it easy. You're not million dollar business. ;) This is something beyond your control and cops dont take your small potato case. I'm just telling the truth.