R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Onroad Nitro Engine Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone-71/)
-   -   IDM novarossi thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone/44399-idm-novarossi-thread.html)

rcosmax 07-04-2004 11:21 PM

IDM novarossi thread

has anyone tried these bad boys?
I picked one up last night and will be breakin in today.

suntok2 07-05-2004 03:46 AM

Re: IDM novarossi thread

Originally posted by rcosmax
has anyone tried these bad boys?
I picked one up last night and will be breakin in today.

I think this engine has the same power with Novamax.

daniz24 07-05-2004 06:25 PM

How much for the price?

rcosmax 07-05-2004 08:58 PM

it was 46000 yen so i guess thats about 400 us.

I was under the impression that it was slightly different from the new nova rossi engines. It says it has been modified by Ielasis and has an engraved head. red dot crank and other features. ill post the info tomorrow. Either way it should be a fast engine....im hoping!

suntok2 07-06-2004 02:58 AM

it was 46000 yen so i guess thats about 400 us.

I was under the impression that it was slightly different from the new nova rossi engines. It says it has been modified by Ielasis and has an engraved head. red dot crank and other features. ill post the info tomorrow. Either way it should be a fast engine....im hoping!

You are base in Japan why not buy M.speed engine. This engine is very fast.

840918001 07-06-2004 06:53 AM

Hey,

I'm planning to buy an IDM.
Heard onlyb great things about them.

Does anyone know if they have a website, so I could find more info.

Thanks in advantage!

rcosmax 07-06-2004 05:43 PM

Yeah the mspeeds are nice but surprizingly not that much cheaper. about 10000yen cheaper but not that much really. I have many friends that have used mspeeds, and while they like them they have all converted to novarossi based engines and say there is no comparison. also the idm have the new red dot crank and microcast piston. So i thought id try it out.

here is some info for those of you that wan it (from idm manual)
this is the 3 port info

displacement- 2.1
power- 1.54hp
rpm- 41000
stroke-14.04
bore-13.8
sleeve-abc
ports-3
crank- modified red dot crank
piston-microcasted
case- new idm case

This engine has insane compression and a wicked pinch! I got it stuck a bunch before actually getting it to run so make sure you heat it up loosen the plug and have fully charged batteries and youll be ok. It was all i could do to free it up by hand with the engine pulled. Just dont let it stall on the first couple of tanks and youll be fine. I cant wait to fully breakin this engine as already it sounds beautiful! patience.

suntok2 07-06-2004 06:17 PM

Yeah the mspeeds are nice but surprizingly not that much cheaper. about 10000yen cheaper but not that much really. I have many friends that have used mspeeds, and while they like them they have all converted to novarossi based engines and say there is no comparison. also the idm have the new red dot crank and microcast piston. So i thought id try it out.

here is some info for those of you that wan it (from idm manual)
this is the 3 port info

displacement- 2.1
power- 1.54hp
rpm- 41000
stroke-14.04
bore-13.8
sleeve-abc
ports-3
crank- modified red dot crank
piston-microcasted
case- new idm case

This engine has insane compression and a wicked pinch! I got it stuck a bunch before actually getting it to run so make sure you heat it up loosen the plug and have fully charged batteries and youll be ok. It was all i could do to free it up by hand with the engine pulled. Just dont let it stall on the first couple of tanks and youll be fine. I cant wait to fully breakin this engine as already it sounds beautiful! patience.

Can you tell me after you break in the engine result . please compare it with nova NSR 12. Thanks

rcosmax 07-06-2004 08:30 PM

sure no problem!:) im going to the track tonight to finish breakin and maybe run a bit.:D

Ybakoff 07-07-2004 02:18 AM

Jason from Online Hobbies in Australia is the Novarossi/ JP and IDM importer.

He raced with an IDM a couple of weeks ago against Surikarn. Someone should PM him and get him on the thread. He will probabally be able to answer any questions.

rcosmax 07-07-2004 04:53 PM

I finished 5 tanks of breakin last night and pulled the engine for inspection. The pinch is beggining to polish up nicely and it is lessening enough so that i can just turn the crank by hand now. Even at sputtering rich half throtle at 103 c this engine is very fast. I can wait do do a few more tanks and slowly start to tune it! more updates to come. :)

Team-RTR 07-12-2004 07:21 PM

has anyone tried the M-Speed novarossi motors? if so how do they go compared to novamax, IDM etc.?

jasoncsc 07-12-2004 08:21 PM

MSpeed Novarossi NSR5

I have a couple of M-Speed modified Novarossi NSR5. Compare it to Novamax S5 I feel both have about the same top speed, but the M-Speed one have better linearity on the throttle control. Power output on the M-Speed is all through the range of the throttle control, while with the Novamax it seems that power would suddenly increase at 3/4 full throttle. I feel the M-Speed's smoothness makes the car easier to drive at the corners. However, for the M-Speed the bummer is to shelve out almost US$600- for a pop, but you get not only a fast engine but a piece of artwork....Just look at the inside of any M-Speed engine and you will appreciate the details of works performed.

Team-RTR 07-14-2004 06:54 AM

yes i kno, the M-speed O.S TR even has m-speed engraved into the conrod, they are a very fine peice of work, by the way i can pick up m-speed NSR motors for AU$700 (which is roughly US$500)

Team-RTR 07-14-2004 06:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is a picture of the OS conrod