Wiki Posts
Search

Rd Logics Engines

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 09:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Rd Logics Engines

has anyone tried this engine yet? Looks like a very high quality engine for a great price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...903549547&rd=1
Old 06-11-2004, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Titanium would be the worst material ever for a heatsink head.

Judging by the carb, this engine comes out of the same plant than the Fantom and Epic engines.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have seen this engine run and for the price is pretty good. Eddiethefish was doing some testing on it and it was more than holding its own. It was modified to accept Nova carbs.
Old 06-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

The decision to bring the infinity in was to fill a need for guys replacing rtr motors. It is the similar to the fantom but not the same one. The fantoms and epics are made by a tiawan firm I believe. This one is made by the company that makes kyosho oem motors and it is japanese. It is a little higher performance than most rtr motors and made much better. It fills that mid performance slot. The head is just coated alumunium not actually titanium. would probably be a pretty good truck motor. To be perfectly honest I didn't think we were going to bring any of those in.

We are testing the race motors.

Last edited by Motorman; 06-12-2004 at 10:08 AM.
Old 06-15-2004, 03:19 PM
Tech Adept

I emailed the guy selling it....he's claiming 1.6 HP??????

Does that seem like a bit much?????
Old 06-15-2004, 06:05 PM
Tech Adept

I may just have to try one of these motors and see. For the money, about $120, they seem like a fantastic deal.

RD Logic is reputable so hopefully the motor will be reliable.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

That engine from the outside except for different badge and cooling head is the same as the Fantom, Epic, and also think Ofna sells them. So I doubt a engine molding place would have the exact same molds for engines, carbs, etc... in 2 different countries when they all seem to do something a little diferent in their designs. Like you know a Picco engine when you see it whether it's called Picco, Orion wasp, or Novarossi base whether it's NovaMax, Rody, etc... so it's mu assumption (I could be wrong) that the internals might differ a little but they are made from same place/country. Then for like Rody that sells modded engines all that is done in house by that specific name that the engine is sold under. The place that makes them all (epic/fantom/ofna/now rd logics)is in Japan and their understanding of English can be rough. That engine is great performance for the price and rebuilds also, new engine runs much better and will be out soon.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Its not an RD engine we are just importing it as is. It is an Infinity the true name the factory gave it. It is the same as the engines mentioned above. It should be in the .9 to 1.0 HP range. I looked one over real well as its sitting in a petri dish (one of very many) down stairs and the timing numbers and hardware indicate that level of power.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:08 PM
Tech Adept

Is this your new motor you are putting out with RDlogic Motorman??
Old 06-15-2004, 11:27 PM
Tech Master

no it is not.
we are testing the race motor now. a small batch of race motors are here in the states. it will be a few weeks before i have thouroughly tested a larger batch,they will be seen at a few select races soon being used by select team drivers. pending some minor changes they will go into production.

I know I have been talking about the motor a long time it is almost done so we can go on to other things.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

Motorman;

Who's race motors are you testing? What is the bottom line of the Infinity/Tiko/RDLogic or whatever they call it?

For 1/10 scale sort of new to the hobby people, wouldn't it be a good value? What motor are you testing and when will it be available to everyone?

Thanks!
Old 06-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Tech Adept

I have tried one of these engine.
I bought it to replace my 3 port sirio, and was disappointed at the performance. it is faster than RTR Engine but much slower than race engine. and my sirio wasn't even modified engine. So I sent my engine to RBMODS and currently waiting for it. Hopefully he can make it scream. I'll let know the result if you want.
If he can make it fast as or faster than my sirio, it is still a good value after mod $$$. Cause i paid $149 for engine + RD Turbo II pipe. Plus $69 for mod. I still pay less than Brand new sirio with new pipe. So We'll see.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Obviously you did not read my post it is not a race motor it is a low end replacement RTR motor.
Old 06-27-2004, 11:05 AM
Tech Adept

I read your post, but the reason I bought the engine was, it was advertized on the ebay with 42,500 RPM. I didn't leave negative feedback for false advertizement. the quality of the engine seems fine though.
Old 06-27-2004, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

can you really expect that much from a $120 motor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.