Community
Wiki Posts
Search

O'Donnell Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 04:24 AM
Tech Regular

Default O'Donnell Plugs

I have run these plugs in the past, and due to pricing am seriously considering running them in my Nova based engines this year.

In the past with 25% I have used the 97T's and 99T's. Anybody have any experience using them as far a being on par with the Nova plugs?
Old 08-14-2010, 04:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RayJ
I have run these plugs in the past, and due to pricing am seriously considering running them in my Nova based engines this year.

In the past with 25% I have used the 97T's and 99T's. Anybody have any experience using them as far a being on par with the Nova plugs?
I am currently using these in my 12 and 21 engines. They seem to last well in my 12 engine but not so well in the 21.
I would say there are better plugs but these are decent value.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:56 AM
Tech Lord

I think the O'Donnell plugs are the same as the Merlin plugs I am using at this moment and they are very good. Never had a comming loose wire, they can stand abuse and the engine seems to react faster.

http://www.merlinglowplugs.biz/Car.html
Old 08-14-2010, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have been using them for many years for both 97 and 99. Other brand such as latest OS is also highly recommended. Whatever price of these brands are less expensive, i will suggest to get it. just my 2 cents
Old 08-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the input! In my limited experience with .12's they seemed to perform as well as the NOVA's , but I never dropped a wire in them. That's one of my biggest fears with plugs. Drop a wire and it has the potential to toast the piston and sleeve with a nasty gouge.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

i started using them with a nova plus 4, since with no other plug the engine ran fine with every else plug i had flame outs, and now i'm using them in my
m3 engines since the novas plugs that i tried didn't last as i hope, although i did burned a wire of one O'Donnell inside the engine, but i think i was lucky nothing happened and the wire dissapeared. i think they are great plugs. highly recommended.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I tried the OD99's in a 35+21 at the Nats. Ran great. Didn't seem to last as long as the Sirios I swear by but they were definitely better than the Novas and you can't beat the price.