Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
THS/RD Logics Pipe Turbo II >

THS/RD Logics Pipe Turbo II

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

THS/RD Logics Pipe Turbo II

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Default THS/RD Logics Pipe Turbo II

I used one of these pipes today in place of the old trust Novarossi pipe. This was the Nova pipe:

Well the Turbo II made more power everywhere across the RPM range, and allowed me to run the motor richer. The motor was a STS D3. Anybody else have similar experience with these old Nova pipes vs newer pipes?
Old 04-14-2004, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I am replacing my NovaRossi pipe with a Turbo II also. But the weather is still too cold up here to give it a try yet. I will post my results... but I hope they are as good as yours!
Old 04-14-2004, 03:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Default RD Logics

I've had great luck with a rear exaust RD Logics Turbo pipe on my RB Concept. One of the best pipes I've ever tried.

Better tork, and RPMs, it rips!
Old 04-15-2004, 03:00 AM
Tech Elite

We have the Turbo II pipe and a blubbery new NSR 3-port.
Haven't run it yet but hoping it works well.
Old 04-16-2004, 06:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Post RD Logics Turbo II

Okay it seems like this pipe is pretty good although can anybody tell me what the diffrence is between the old RD to the Turbo II?
As far as price is concerned does anyone know where I can purchase this pipe at a fairly reasonable price? Coz It hurts to think that these pipes now are actually within around the same price range as the more popular Novarossi pipes.

Old 04-17-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I did the redesign on the Turbo II pipe. heres what is different. The rear outer can section is 4 MM longer and the inner cone has a 10MM hole as opposed to an 8MM hole. The stinger is flush with the inside of the can now as opposed to protruding into the pipe as before. The 4 inner holes in the inner cone are folded at an angle as opposed to being straight as before. The header is the shorter version. These are the major changes.
It is the best performing VS value pipe you can get period. we will be staying with this design for a long time. Other pipes look like ours but their not the same.

The pipe is a major step forward from the previous design and all the RD pipes will be getting the internal changes.

Look for a new 21 pipe comming soon as we are testing it as we speak along with a purpose designed 28 pipe for the monster truck guys.

you can get the pipe from
winners circle tell lee dennis sent ya
www.gasrccar.com or
speedtechrc tell steve dennis sent ya
www.speedtechrc.com
these are both great people to deal with.

yes we are on the motor bigtime!!!
Old 04-17-2004, 08:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

what gasket do i use with this sucker , my .12 sized exhaut rubber gasket one is very sloppy.
Old 04-17-2004, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

It depends on the engine and who's seal your using. some of the manufacturers exhaust outlets have some diameter variation depending on which engine it is and so do the gasket makers. unfortunatly this makes the header fit somewhat of a compromise as we could never make enough combos to cover them all. It just would not be realistic. The GS seals are the worst for fit. Nova black ones are pretty good, as is the origional on most nova engines.

This is a way to fix the problem, It is what I do when the seal seems a bit loose. get yourself some medical tape at the pharmacy. the same stuff you use to tape a gauze bandage on with.(the white kind with fiber cord in it) cut a small strip the same width as the groove in the exhaust outlet stump of the engine and wind a couple wraps of tape in the groove before you put the seal on the engine. It does not burn and stays put under the seal until you take it off. it also helps to keep the seal in place better. somone else turned me on to this a few years ago and it really works well.

Dennis
Old 04-17-2004, 10:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

is there a part number just for the manifold? i have a hard time keeping it from distorting
Old 04-18-2004, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

We had a chance to try out the TurboII pipe today. It was attached to a new Nova NSR 3-port which was just run in yesterday. The only mods were to drill the stinger out to the 5.2mm allowed and we also trimmed it back to 10mm in length. I also relieved a little flashing in the header where it curls round to enter the pipe proper. This is a pretty short manifold and it's a tight bend there and didn't quite meet the flange correctly. It's no biggie - seen this on plenty of pipes.

While the engine wasn't tuned real HARD, the combination worked well. For a stock engine, power was good across the range. I was particularly looking for the top end and this one seems to have it.
Hopefully we'll soon get a better handle on this at a bigger track with a harder tune, but so far, so good.
Can't report on the older Nova pipe for a comparison on this engine as yet.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
We had a chance to try out the TurboII pipe today. It was attached to a new Nova NSR 3-port which was just run in yesterday. The only mods were to drill the stinger out to the 5.2mm allowed and we also trimmed it back to 10mm in length. I also relieved a little flashing in the header where it curls round to enter the pipe proper. This is a pretty short manifold and it's a tight bend there and didn't quite meet the flange correctly. It's no biggie - seen this on plenty of pipes.

While the engine wasn't tuned real HARD, the combination worked well. For a stock engine, power was good across the range. I was particularly looking for the top end and this one seems to have it.
Hopefully we'll soon get a better handle on this at a bigger track with a harder tune, but so far, so good.
Can't report on the older Nova pipe for a comparison on this engine as yet.
Are the pipes available down here or did you get it from OS?
Old 04-18-2004, 10:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the input Motorman I'll see if I can get one right away and I'll let you know how it performs. Thanks again
Old 04-18-2004, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

This is by far the best pipe I ever had on my car.

Together with my new Top TSR12S3, that I modified, it raised more than a few eyebrows at the Serpent/X-Ray spring challenge today :-)

Originally posted by Motorman
It depends on the engine and who's seal your using. some of the manufacturers exhaust outlets have some diameter variation depending on which engine it is and so do the gasket makers. unfortunatly this makes the header fit somewhat of a compromise as we could never make enough combos to cover them all. It just would not be realistic. The GS seals are the worst for fit. Nova black ones are pretty good, as is the origional on most nova engines.

This is a way to fix the problem, It is what I do when the seal seems a bit loose. get yourself some medical tape at the pharmacy. the same stuff you use to tape a gauze bandage on with.(the white kind with fiber cord in it) cut a small strip the same width as the groove in the exhaust outlet stump of the engine and wind a couple wraps of tape in the groove before you put the seal on the engine. It does not burn and stays put under the seal until you take it off. it also helps to keep the seal in place better. somone else turned me on to this a few years ago and it really works well.

Dennis
Old 04-18-2004, 06:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally posted by stefan
This is by far the best pipe I ever had on my car.

Together with my new Top TSR12S3, that I modified, it raised more than a few eyebrows at the Serpent/X-Ray spring challenge today :-)

what about the OFNA X12 pipe
Old 04-18-2004, 06:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Stefan you got PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.