R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 03-12-2004, 08:17 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default Turbo button on an MT12- Will it work?

Hi, I have an STS turbo engine that is out of commision for a week or so, it being squeezed by OSRocket. I also have an MT12 that is getting ready to go back into my Mugen stadium truck. Out of curiousity I pulled the button off the STS and off the MT12 to see if they were interchangeable, and they look almost the same. Has anyone ever tried this, and if so, was it successful and did you notice any power gains?
Old 03-12-2004, 09:33 PM   #2
Tech Addict

the only way to know is to try it......i think it will not harm the engine
thefuzzclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 07:13 PM   #3
jag
Tech Master

I don't know anything about an STS engine but I do know that an RB, Novarossi, MT, NovaMega are all interchangeable. I know this because I have done it. If it will fit into the sleeve then I would just measure the extension that fits into the sleeve on both. If they are the same then they should work.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 05:38 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to kt racing

Or you could just buy the turbo button for the mt 12. I think that there only like 30 bucks. That is the safe way. If not measure everything out and see if there the same and run it.
kt racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 09:42 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally posted by jag
I don't know anything about an STS engine but I do know that an RB, Novarossi, MT, NovaMega are all interchangeable. I know this because I have done it. If it will fit into the sleeve then I would just measure the extension that fits into the sleeve on both. If they are the same then they should work.
The MT12 and the Top TS12 (both long rod engines) have a much thinner head button that the short rod Nova Rossis like the NS12, RS12, X12, V12, etc...
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote