R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 03-03-2004, 02:36 PM   #1
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to corvettecrazy
Default one way going 2 ways?

After running a few tanks everyday for the last few days I finally got everything re adjusted. Today when I went to start it I pulled the pull starter and it wouldn't go back in. So I took the glow plug out and the cord flew back into the fully recoiled position. I pulled the cord a few times while watching the piston. as I pulled the cord the piston started to go in one direction but as I let it slowly recoil the piston began moving in the opposite direction.

What is wrong?? Is the pullstarter bearing screwed up, maybe just dirty?

any help would be great thanks.
corvettecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 12:40 PM   #2
Tech Initiate

Have you changed fuel? it could be as simple as that, poor pure methanol (no oil) inte the magnapull and try to pull it. The oneway bearing in the magnapull doesnt work with some fuels.
Mange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 03:11 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Mange
Have you changed fuel? it could be as simple as that, poor pure methanol (no oil) inte the magnapull and try to pull it. The oneway bearing in the magnapull doesnt work with some fuels.
Thats the first time I have ever heard of this. I didnt think the fuel could even get near the pullstarter (the plate should be sealed????).

It most probably is the one-way bearing if it is locking and turning the shaft back. Hard to say whether it is just some dirt or whether the bearing is blown. What I do know is that its nearly as cheap to purchase a new pullstarter than replace just the bearing.
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote