R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-19-2009, 04:24 PM   #1
Tech Elite
 
Kodak Hodak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Australia, Australia
Posts: 2,159
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak
Exclamation NOVAROSSI GLOW PLUGS - ALTERNATIVE?

Sorry if this is a repost, tried to search for the information but nothing really accurate.

Question: I have a Novarossi Sports Edition N21 7T and currently using the C7TF plug

Now is it true that i could use the OS Plug RP7 style plug? The reason id like to use the plug is for its reliablity.


I look forward for any quick response with the right answers.


Cheers Guys
Frankie
__________________
★ DORMANT RC RACER ★
Kodak Hodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:06 PM   #2
occ
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 569
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

I would use O'Donnell 99T plugs instead of OS for Nova engines.

A lot cheaper & very reliable.
occ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:33 PM   #3
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Sirio plugs work great.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:35 PM   #4
Tech Elite
 
Kodak Hodak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Australia, Australia
Posts: 2,159
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by occ View Post
I would use O'Donnell 99T plugs instead of OS for Nova engines.

A lot cheaper & very reliable.
never tried a O'Donnell plug might look into this - but keep the ideas coming!

More the merry
__________________
★ DORMANT RC RACER ★
Kodak Hodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:16 PM   #5
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 727
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

try grp plug if you can find some
silverM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:15 PM   #6
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Did you see the bit on RedRC about the new Maxpower plugs? I swear they look like GRP plugs.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:37 PM   #7
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 271
Send a message via Yahoo to sheeley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Did you see the bit on RedRC about the new Maxpower plugs? I swear they look like GRP plugs.
I was told they are the same.
sheeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:42 PM   #8
Tech Addict
 
rocca30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: fl
Posts: 589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeley View Post
I was told they are the same.
not cheap but r the shitttt
__________________
RC AMERICA / / HUDY // SRC / / JC JEWELERS/ / GOT GOLD // MAXX POWER // EXTREME RACING FUEL //
rocca30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:51 PM   #9
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeley View Post
I was told they are the same.
I haven't heard that but it sure looks like it. I will definitely give them a try.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com

Last edited by wingracer; 11-19-2009 at 08:14 PM.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:55 PM   #10
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 271
Send a message via Yahoo to sheeley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
I haven't heard that but it sure looks like at. I will definitely give them a try.
I got some on order I'm down to 2 grp plugs left so I'm hoping they will be a good replacement.
sheeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:56 PM   #11
Tech Elite
 
Riketsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 2,514
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu
Default

Well guys, my experience with GRP plugs have been very bad.... I have blown out about 3 plugs just trying to get my engine to tune right.

I have noticed that in my engines the spool up is faster with Novarossi rather than GRPs. And I have yet to blow out a Novarossi plug. And with the price comparison that I can buy 2 novarossi plugs for each GRP I really have looked the other way.
__________________
eBay user id: riketsukirai
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:09 PM   #12
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 271
Send a message via Yahoo to sheeley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
Well guys, my experience with GRP plugs have been very bad.... I have blown out about 3 plugs just trying to get my engine to tune right.

I have noticed that in my engines the spool up is faster with Novarossi rather than GRPs. And I have yet to blow out a Novarossi plug. And with the price comparison that I can buy 2 novarossi plugs for each GRP I really have looked the other way.
Well I have yet to blow a grp plug. Although I heard the grp plugs are not what they use to be. If I blow a couple of the new max power plugs I will probably give novarossi plugs another try.
sheeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:25 PM   #13
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeley View Post
Well I have yet to blow a grp plug. Although I heard the grp plugs are not what they use to be. If I blow a couple of the new max power plugs I will probably give novarossi plugs another try.
Nah, go Sirio. I'm serious, they work great. At the Capital Classic I had three straight brand new Nova plugs die on me in three straight practices. This motor had an extra head shim, 20% nitro and very conservative gearing so there is no reason at all it should have been killing plugs. The elements were not damaged, they just quit working. I threw in a used Sirio 7 and ran that same plug the rest of the week, including the main and it's still good.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:29 PM   #14
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 271
Send a message via Yahoo to sheeley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Nah, go Sirio. I'm serious, they work great. At the Capital Classic I had three straight brand new Nova plugs die on me in three straight practices. This motor had an extra head shim, 20% nitro and very conservative gearing so there is no reason at all it should have been killing plugs. The elements were not damaged, they just quit working. I threw in a used Sirio 7 and ran that same plug the rest of the week, including the main and it's still good.
I'v been trying to try the sirio plugs but they are always out of stock. If these max power plugs dont satisfy me then maybe those sirio plugs will be in stock by then.
sheeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:08 AM   #15
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 314
Default

+1 on wingracers post. At the time being Novarossi plugs dont work. They just dont glow any more after a short time despite the fact that the filament will still look like new...
fulcrum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:03 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net