R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 07-17-2004, 04:29 AM   #346
Tech Elite

That sounds like a great bundle to me. Including a spare conrod might be worthwhile, though - at least to me in Oz.

I'm curious - do you have demand for a standard head button now that turbo's are legal?

Oh yeah, my sympathies to Leo V regarding his teeth.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 09:35 AM   #347
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
It will come either as the power package with everything or as the engine with a turbo and a standard head button and an air filter. So you don't have to choose a head The motor should street retail about 188.00 We have verified it is capable of running with the best stuff out there. The best part is there is nothing to modify, it comes full tilt out of the box. Everyone will be suprised. Leo V accused me of modifying it as did Brad Toffelmire after he took it apart. when I told him thats the way its machined stock he had to pick his teeth up off the floor. If you have ever owned one of my hand mod RTUs you know what it will look like but made out of better materials and cut by precision cnc machining. The crank is vacume degassed 4340 chromemoly steel heat treated, precision ground and fully cnc blended. It is completely new engine being made by a new manufacturer based off the prints and material specs we gave them.

Preorders are a squeek early yet.
Dennis, this is just my opinion! including a spare conrod with the new engine might be a good choice! the reason I said that is because alot of ppl in this hobby are stubborn, even though the pipe in the package is much better quality and performance but then they still believe the one that are using is the best! If you were to offer a package with just the engine and rod and airfilter you might be able to get into boarder client base. I do know some of the ppl (including myself) price is one major issue since 99% of the ppl with this hobby sponsor by their own wallet, and if there is a way to bring the price down I am sure you can gain a wider market segment. and for those who wants the whole package then that would be excellent!

Just my $0.02
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 09:57 AM   #348
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
99% of the ppl with this hobby sponsor by their own wallet
These are the guys we represent always have always will. I will consider the rod Idea. we have kept the price as low as possible given the caliber of materials in the engine and its performance.

Consider that It has shown me it is capable of running with any engine out there at any price. We have the only engine under 200.00 capable of running with any of the modifieds on the market and those are 350+. I think that says something does it not? And ours is production.

AH what did you have to front in green for the NovaMax? USD
Old 07-17-2004, 10:03 AM   #349
Tech Addict

Hey D. How you doing? Since production has already started on the .12 motors does that mean you will have time to focus on the .21's? How far off are we for the .21 motors?
Old 07-17-2004, 10:43 AM   #350
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:

AH what did you have to front in green for the NovaMax? USD
Dennis you are funny and you got me there!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 01:39 PM   #351
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i'd love to get a pm with info on where the first batch are headed so i can buy one. i am ready to purchase now.
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 04:49 PM   #352
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mckrooz

Thats it. I'm definitely on the list for one.

Ah10...I think he's asking how much $$ you dropped on the Max. Couldn't make it out to CP today. I was paid a little visit from the hangover fairy. Racing Sunday tho!
Old 07-17-2004, 06:58 PM   #353
Tech Master

Talley

I'll post a note a few days before they hit the warehouse. RC Tech will get the scoop.

McKrooz

Had one of those a couple days ago

AH10

Old 07-17-2004, 06:59 PM   #354
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mckrooz

Quote:
McKrooz

I'll post a note a few days before they hit the warehouse. RC Tech will get the scoop.
Nice.
Old 07-17-2004, 07:01 PM   #355
Tech Master

we are shooting for 45 days and pushing hard. I really want motors here before the sedan nationals.
Old 07-17-2004, 07:03 PM   #356
Tech Master

Tom
The 21 is a ways off but I'll be running a prototype in my Oval car next week at the Great lakes Challenge. This is also the debut for Team RD and the 12. I should have seven engines to work with if all goes well. I ran one of the 12's today at toledo and it was really fast.
Old 07-17-2004, 10:37 PM   #357
Tech Adept

I will be waiting,i want to be the first one in the island to have one of those
GAMBO94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 03:36 AM   #358
Tech Elite

Hey you guys, quit shoving and get back in line.

Well, however it's packaged, I'll need a spare conrod right away.
For us in the antipodes it's not likely they'll be thick on the ground here soon enough.

So for me, the ideal package would be:
Engine, Turbo II pipe, conrod, air filter and the turbo button - don't need the standard one.
Old 07-18-2004, 03:50 AM   #359
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10
. . . . . the reason I said that is because alot of ppl in this hobby are stubborn, even though the pipe in the package is much better quality and performance but then they still believe the one that are using is the best!
:
:
Ah10,
Just who is that stubborn person?
You really should try the Turbo II pipe. It's very good.

Had a chance to try out that "cheap and nasty" JPL pipe today.
It's pretty much as AMGRacer said. Pretty good bottom end with somewhat less at the top end, though quite linear. We were on a medium techical track, so it worked nicely.
Old 07-18-2004, 06:14 PM   #360
Tech Addict

Quote:
Tom
The 21 is a ways off but I'll be running a prototype in my Oval car next week at the Great lakes Challenge. This is also the debut for Team RD and the 12. I should have seven engines to work with if all goes well. I ran one of the 12's today at toledo and it was really fast.
Great. Too bad its not out now, I just blew a piston in my ev5 today. So I'm looking for a new motor. Was hoping you were there to make it. Some people were wondering about tires for next week, hows the outlook for you?