R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 04-29-2004, 02:18 PM   #661
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Actualy I don't care about demand, I care about power only. My goal isn't sell banch, my goal is get better power at reasonble price, longer life and great service-not just to sell and forget.
I'm with you on that one Edward. Like my nova, that carb nut is hard to find now. It sits on the shelf cause I can't find that carb nut, they have lousy cust. service.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:53 PM   #662
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah, Edward has some great ideas for handling his engines. He's a really nice guy and looks out for the racers.

Got my PS12 broken in and it feels like a screamer. I can't wait to get it out on RCRCNT's new permanent track in Ft. Worth. Only a couple more days!!
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 09:08 PM   #663
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are here already.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 09:27 PM   #664
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by smitty
Send me the info as well, you have my info
SMitty
21 P/s sets are in testing process now, so no any further info we don't have at the moment. I hope I will have details soon.
I jut can tell you it is exsotic materials ( as usualy) set ups, it has drastick changes from originals.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 04-29-2004, 09:33 PM   #665
Tech Adept

What is this BRB material used to make the sleeve. Berilyium(sp)?
Smitty
smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 09:57 PM   #666
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by smitty
What is this BRB material used to make the sleeve. Berilyium(sp)?
Smitty
No it is not Berrilium, it is Berrilium bronze, there is ony about 1.5 % Berilium. BRB is used in a lot of places in inductry ( for instance in wrist watches it is used to make timing spring).
Old 04-29-2004, 11:37 PM   #667
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
No it is not Berrilium, it is Berrilium bronze, there is ony about 1.5 % Berilium. BRB is used in a lot of places in inductry ( for instance in wrist watches it is used to make timing spring).
Hi there, maybe a stupid question... What advantage do you get from adding he 1.5% Berilium to the mix in the sleeve?
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 12:10 AM   #668
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by BaxterC
Hi there, maybe a stupid question... What advantage do you get from adding he 1.5% Berilium to the mix in the sleeve?
I think I missed something...

Does the Palmaris motor come in other sizes or just .12?
Old 04-30-2004, 12:19 AM   #669
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Pit-racer
I'm with you on that one Edward. Like my nova, that carb nut is hard to find now. It sits on the shelf cause I can't find that carb nut, they have lousy cust. service.
Which Nova is this? NS or RS? NS has a bigger carb nut that is the same size as the wheel nut !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 05:52 AM   #670
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I think I missed something...

Does the Palmaris motor come in other sizes or just .12?
Currently only in the .12 size but will also be available later in the year as a .21 size.
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 06:07 AM   #671
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
Currently only in the .12 size but will also be available later in the year as a .21 size.
Thank you. Can you give me any performance stats of the motor yet? I am sure it is in the region of 1.5 odd, but I want to know, as well as the max RPM one can expect from it.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:51 AM   #672
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Which Nova is this? NS or RS? NS has a bigger carb nut that is the same size as the wheel nut !
It's a 4mm, but isn't it fine thread?
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 06:54 AM   #673
Tech Elite

Quote:
It is not stupid question.
First of all-we are not making that alloy, we are using existing manufactured by metalurgy inducstry.
Many years ago ( mid 80's) everybody in Russia was looking more more power and stability in engine performance. It was trial with regular brass, Al alloys and different bronze. Cuple years later, after thousands of experiments ( different schools) was found the best suitble material for sleeves is that what we have today.
That alloy os very hard, spring type, it has exelent thermodynamic properties very suitble for our Nitro aplication, especialy for hot aplications ( some classes in airmodeling, boating and defenetly RC cars).
The alloy we make is for piston and it is high content Si alloy with Nikkel, Magnesium, Silver etc.
For differnt type of sleeves is using different type of piston materials as well ( temperature properties) only one thing stays more or less unchaged-Si content. Basecaly more Si-longer life of piston and better thermo proprties ( in reasonble limits)
It doesn't mean we stop developing ones we found what we have today. As I have mentioned before, AAC is much better set up, but a lot of issues releted to use Al sleeves, so finaly we came to engine design as PS12 ( sleeveless)-so we get rid of bunch problem with which we usualy was dealing.
There is a lot more unusual designs are massaging right now and pretty soon more interesting designs will be showed to people. But now I can't disclose any info on it-it is on developing process and it is highely secured info-sorry.
Old 04-30-2004, 07:18 AM   #674
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
It is not stupid question.
First of all-we are not making that alloy, we are using existing manufactured by metalurgy inducstry.
Many years ago ( mid 80's) everybody in Russia was looking more more power and stability in engine performance. It was trial with regular brass, Al alloys and different bronze. Cuple years later, after thousands of experiments ( different schools) was found the best suitble material for sleeves is that what we have today.
That alloy os very hard, spring type, it has exelent thermodynamic properties very suitble for our Nitro aplication, especialy for hot aplications ( some classes in airmodeling, boating and defenetly RC cars).
The alloy we make is for piston and it is high content Si alloy with Nikkel, Magnesium, Silver etc.
For differnt type of sleeves is using different type of piston materials as well ( temperature properties) only one thing stays more or less unchaged-Si content. Basecaly more Si-longer life of piston and better thermo proprties ( in reasonble limits)
It doesn't mean we stop developing ones we found what we have today. As I have mentioned before, AAC is much better set up, but a lot of issues releted to use Al sleeves, so finaly we came to engine design as PS12 ( sleeveless)-so we get rid of bunch problem with which we usualy was dealing.
There is a lot more unusual designs are massaging right now and pretty soon more interesting designs will be showed to people. But now I can't disclose any info on it-it is on developing process and it is highely secured info-sorry.
Thank you TG for clearing this up. I know you have wierd designs, that are very functional, and I know that this is HIGHLY classified, Good LUCK, keep up the great work. I expect to see some more highly potent engines in the future to out perform our current designs. Thank you.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:18 AM   #675
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
It is the ns12s3 engine. it's a 5mm but threads are fine and went everywhere looking for one that fits.