R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2005, 11:06 AM   #1696
Tech Fanatic
 
kitracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hong kong
Posts: 986
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Ok, so with the Novarossi built in 0.2mm head clearence, that means the head clearence would be 0.5mm in total - is this correct?

I'll switch to 7TF - anyone need some 6TFs?

Mark, I feel little different on the plug issue. ( sorry if I confused you ) I would stay at TF6 for 16% nitro or even TF5 but I would use 0.3mm head shims ( not head clearance).

I use Magnesisum big (11fins) heat sink even at cold temp ( 10c) which is WAY cooler than JP heat sink and no problem. But as I said, I never really worry about temp unless something not feeling right!
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:08 AM   #1697
Tech Fanatic
 
kitracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hong kong
Posts: 986
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
I'm using the JP-FX putty crank - black coated.
Do you think the JP Crank isn't so good with the Palmaris?
definitely not. I am using JP crankshaft ( with little advance timming on closing) and IT IS 1/8 killer on the track. ( at least the OS and Std Nova 21)
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:12 AM   #1698
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Hey Kitracer

When you say a little advanced timing, did you mod the crank? You are of the opinion that the crank should be ok even unmodified - I have one more chance to test before my two races next week *EEK*
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:14 AM   #1699
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by kitracer
Mark, I feel little different on the plug issue. ( sorry if I confused you ) I would stay at TF6 for 16% nitro or even TF5 but I would use 0.3mm head shims ( not head clearance).

I use Magnesisum big (11fins) heat sink even at cold temp ( 10c) which is WAY cooler than JP heat sink and no problem. But as I said, I never really worry about temp unless something not feeling right!
Ok, I'm switching back to the 0.3mm shim.

I'll test both 6TF and 7TF, as I have both plugs here.

As I say, if the temp said 110C, I would have not have even questioned the performance, as it is there - just the temp confused the heck out of me.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:50 AM   #1700
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default

I would say for a meded crank you need to increase the head clearance as it adds pressure to the cylinder. I was using the normal crank with 0.3mm but i was going to try the JP crank like yours but it rained. Go to 0.5mm and see what you think. I'm sure it will clear up your troubles

Cheers
__________________
Dedicated RC Car Speed Site

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:57 AM   #1701
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Erm, how? But this would mean I can't alter the timing.
You can map out the exhaust / induction timings by fixing the round protractor onto the crankshaft and rotate to map the duration of the exhaust / induction. Ed gave the details of how you could do this. A typical diagram from rcnitro mag is as shown below;



Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
I got nervous and forgot to enable it
Sloppy...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:14 PM   #1702
Tech Fanatic
 
kitracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hong kong
Posts: 986
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Hey Kitracer

When you say a little advanced timing, did you mod the crank? You are of the opinion that the crank should be ok even unmodified - I have one more chance to test before my two races next week *EEK*
Oppsss.. THe JP crank have more timming than any other Nova based crankshaft that I know ( REX, TOP, MAX etc...) of so thats' Little advanced timming"
The JP crank is good enough for your purpose ( solve the problem), but of course there are rooms for improvement. but I leave it as it is now until I find someone have a faster engine
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:38 PM   #1703
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
I would say for a meded crank you need to increase the head clearance as it adds pressure to the cylinder. I was using the normal crank with 0.3mm but i was going to try the JP crank like yours but it rained. Go to 0.5mm and see what you think. I'm sure it will clear up your troubles

Cheers
Cool - I look forward to testing again
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:41 PM   #1704
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
You can map out the exhaust / induction timings by fixing the round protractor onto the crankshaft and rotate to map the duration of the exhaust / induction. Ed gave the details of how you could do this. A typical diagram from rcnitro mag is as shown below;
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:41 PM   #1705
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by kitracer
Oppsss.. THe JP crank have more timming than any other Nova based crankshaft that I know ( REX, TOP, MAX etc...) of so thats' Little advanced timming"
The JP crank is good enough for your purpose ( solve the problem), but of course there are rooms for improvement. but I leave it as it is now until I find someone have a faster engine
And I think the driver needs to become faster too
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 01:25 PM   #1706
Tech Fanatic
 
kitracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hong kong
Posts: 986
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
And I think the driver needs to become faster too
O yes, me need to become faster driver too... may the force be with me Yoda
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 01:32 PM   #1707
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by kitracer
O yes, me need to become faster driver too... may the force be with me Yoda
Forget the force, man - get the Ring
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 02:56 PM   #1708
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 209
Default

hi mark,
you life in germany?
if i can help you with timing test, witout a practor, send me a pm or mail
dieter
4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 04:27 PM   #1709
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by 4racer
hi mark,
you life in germany?
if i can help you with timing test, witout a practor, send me a pm or mail
dieter
Hey Dieter. How do you do it without protractor, please send me procedure. I still use old protractor method.
Edward
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 05:21 PM   #1710
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 209
Default

ed,
you got a email
dieter
4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Palmaris PR12 .12 1/10 touring car engine boy2rc R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 01-29-2007 09:28 AM
Palmaris Racing EdwardN Monster Trucks 0 11-26-2006 08:56 AM
Palmaris Racing EdwardN Electric Off-Road 0 11-26-2006 08:48 AM
Palmaris PS12 engine for sale boy2rc R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 08-10-2005 09:05 AM
Palmaris PS12 for sale boy2rc R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-16-2005 06:15 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:50 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net