Community
Wiki Posts
Search

all nitro engines??

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Default all nitro engines??

I have read through this section a little bit and I was wondering since it is called " Exclusive Nitro Engine Zone" if we/ I am legal to ask about off road nitro engines also? or is this for onroad and I wont get any answers?

if discussing offroad engines is ok then I will add my questions to this thread.

thanks in advance
Old 01-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: all nitro engines??

Originally posted by corvettecrazy
I have read through this section a little bit and I was wondering since it is called " Exclusive Nitro Engine Zone" if we/ I am legal to ask about off road nitro engines also? or is this for onroad and I wont get any answers?

if discussing offroad engines is ok then I will add my questions to this thread.

thanks in advance
I think it is totaly legal to ask about off-road engines here.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:08 AM
Nitro Tech

HA.... .......Why not? It's also nitro engine,isn't it?

If you have gas engine question with 1/5 scale,just do as you wish. I think must some experts can answer your question. But I don't know if ....you ask how to modify your lawnmower engine....

Even I want to ask somebody expert that Can/Should I maintain my real cars TURBOCHARGER myself? It not respond so fast now....

Last edited by dino.tw; 01-07-2004 at 01:14 AM.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dino.tw
HA.... .......Why not? It's also nitro engine,isn't it?

If you have gas engine question with 1/5 scale,just do as you wish. I think must some experts can answer your question. But I don't know if ....you ask how to modify your lawnmower engine....

Even I want to ask somebody expert that Can/Should I maintain my real cars TURBOCHARGER myself? It not respond so fast now....
All depends... probably you can remove all the Turbocompressor in a single piece and install another one... other can be disassembling and changing the Turbine rotor or working in the turbine housing.

Everyone is a little gearhead if he likes to get their hands greasy working on their cars. Just past year bought a brand new V8 engine for mine boat (spec'ed a a complete shortblock, ordered some heads, added a cam, new carb and other misc things)... now mine boat holds a nasty 540cid ready to bite anything.

Can be off-topic if some gearheads (and I know that here are some) discuss about 1:1 engines? Probably are more interested in porting their lawnmover engine to improve the cutting speed of the grass.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

well my friend and I are going to put type R badges on his mower(rider) and say it boosts cutting power...

dino.tw: with the right tools and a goal for what you want to complete, and possibily a service manual i would say take a few days off and go for it.

anyways, sorry I have been so busy and not able to post this earlier.

I have a HPI nitro MT and the .15FE is just sh*tty, i'll admit it does have a few good points but it just doesn't cut it as an engine any more.

I would like to put in a new one but i have no clue what type of engine or what company to go with.

I would assume a .15 would be the best but if there is a .12 or .21 that works also that would be nice.

any company that has good duribality and strong engines , oh and EASY TO TUNE, would be awsome.

I have a budget of around 150 I might be able to push 200 if I dig deep in my fairly empty pockets.

side exhaust and pull start also.if it doesn't come with a pull start but one can be added that works too

any suggestions????
Old 01-09-2004, 12:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Probably are more interested in porting their lawnmover engine to improve the cutting

You should see what we have done to some Honda 5.5 motors for our go-karts. ( My other real-racing off season hobby) We are getting about 14-16 HP from them using all stock Honda parts.....not all from a 5.5 though. Using them for dirt circle tracks. Not bad considering that my friends and I got a bunch of junk and turned them into gems.

I'd tell you how.....but then death would be swift to knock on your door
Old 01-10-2004, 07:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

You can get a .21 conversion kit, but that costs $. How much is your budget? If you are racing the MT mainly on road i would go w/ a .12 because of the top end, but if you racing in the dirt i would get a .15. I would get a novarossi or a RB concepts engine for a truck.
Old 01-10-2004, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

I do mostly back yard bashng and some onroad also(I like to attempt to drift my truck)

I have a budget of about of about 200 maybe a little more, I would like to get it at tower since I have 90bucks in gift certificates there that I could use.
Old 01-11-2004, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Do a search for wolfpackradicals

The owner has produced TONS of alloy goodies for various HPI cars, and coincidentially makes a .21 fitting adustable engine-mount for a couple of the models.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

actually i was reading a guys site online and he used that companies kit to squeeze in an ofna hyper .21

could anyone tell me the advantages or disadvantages OR the differences between the ofna hyper .21 and the ofna hyper.21 8 port???

OR any opinions on that engine??