R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 01-04-2004, 01:25 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: OS .12 LD and OS .15 LD

Quote:
Originally posted by IronMan
Your explaination here reminds me of this OS engine.Unlike most engine now which the piston stroke is in the vertical manner.The OS LD(LayDown) piston stroke moves horizontaly.The carb is on top of crankcase.My point is I believe the induction port position of this engine is different.I have one of this engine and will open it up to confirm.Have you seen this engine or any comments from you?
I haven't seen any of that OS engine, just on OS web site and can't realy tell you if it is the same. But that engine still has the same design as everyone else. The vertical or horizontal position is only metter, how you install on the model. OS have try to install it horizontal to lower down SG, but it is probably dangerouse due to the cooling and it takes a lot of horizontal car space, so most likely it will create car design problem. I don't realy know what else they ( OS ) had in mind to put engine on that position, if they try to move induction port to other position- it was ( in my opinion) right attempt, but again, too many things are together ( car-engine), so probably didn't work ( cooling, car's space etc). THis is why it was just dream to have space under the car.
Also regadless where induction port is located, it designed to have right timing. Just try to immaging cranck according to that design and you will understand how many benefits can be gain from there.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 01:35 PM   #17
Tech Initiate

You're correct This engine can only fit into the Kyosho superten FW04.Maybe can also fit into the newer version pure ten FW05.This car design and layout is the same but only different in scale.
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 01:37 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Default OS 12 LD

Just checked design on that LD engine-they have moved 90 degree to left side, but again, I have no clue what reason push them to do so. If just follow lei down position, well that means they did it not in porpose,so it will not give any benefit , but if they put engine to that position because of the induction port-again, it was right attempt, but they didn't finished ( for any reason-ley down engine doesn't have enough cooling, so they stop massaging idea).
http://www.osengines.com/parts/ev11170-11540.pdf
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.

Last edited by Top Gun 777; 01-04-2004 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-04-2004, 03:41 PM   #19
Nitro Tech

WO~WO~WO~WO~WO~

TOO MANY HELPFUL INFORMATION THERE......

THANKS ALL GUYS!
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 03:46 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
WO~WO~WO~WO~WO~

TOO MANY HELPFUL INFORMATION THERE......

THANKS ALL GUYS!
Wow, too much secret info was released!!!!
HIDE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2004, 08:18 AM   #21
Tech Initiate

Default TG u got PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Wow, too much secret info was released!!!!
HIDE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2004, 12:53 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Default fuel consumption and hp

guys,

got a question regarding fuel economy. what changes on the engine that will affect fuel usage of an engine the most? assuming all other variables (type of fuel, clutch setting, exhaust system etc.) being the same. trying to balance hp and fuel consumption.

thanks,

data
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 02:51 PM   #23
Tech Master

I would say that the increasing the diameter of the carb opening or boring out the crank would give most increase in fuel consumption. The difference between my RB X12 with a EFRA legal crank and the same engine with a Novarossi T5 crank is about 2 mins worth of run time. With the T5 crank I get approx 5mins 30secs and I constantly ran with the stock crank for well over 7mins 30secs.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 04:07 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Default Re: fuel consumption and hp

Quote:
Originally posted by Data
guys,

got a question regarding fuel economy. what changes on the engine that will affect fuel usage of an engine the most? assuming all other variables (type of fuel, clutch setting, exhaust system etc.) being the same. trying to balance hp and fuel consumption.

thanks,

data
Wow, you saw my engine was running by Jose on CP two weekends ago and was there 9 minuts ( three tanks in row), now you are asking what to do?
Old 01-06-2004, 12:35 AM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: fuel consumption and hp

Quote:
Wow, you saw my engine was running by Jose on CP two weekends ago and was there 9 minuts ( three tanks in row), now you are asking what to do?
damn! ed you never miss a chance do you ? no, i didnít see joseís run two weeks ago, but i will ask him about it. i actually didnít ask "what to do", i simply want to know which area affects fuel consumption of the engine the most. so what are you going to tell me, if anything at all ?

didn't find anything r/c under the tree, been a bad boy i guess. got a bottle of smiroff and a bottle of wild turkey thou, bring some martini glasses next time when you come to the track and, you still owe me one bottle.
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 01:20 AM   #26
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: fuel consumption and hp

Quote:
Originally posted by Data
didn't find anything r/c under the tree, been a bad boy i guess.
Quote:
got a bottle of smiroff and a bottle of wild turkey thou,
They're selling to the underage again are they?

TG,

Remember what you said to me about never keeping info away from the needy?
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 09:43 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: fuel consumption and hp

Quote:
Originally posted by EVOLUTION
They're selling to the underage again are they?

TG,

Remember what you said to me about never keeping info away from the needy?
Hi Evo. And I don't keep info from anybody, I think.
To answer Data question, want to go little bit deeper. Fuel economi is basecaly efficiency of engine. We can produce power by burning all fuel or we can partly use it to cool engine down.
I know we need cool engine or it will overheat. But is there other way arround to cool engine. Many ways are there-right timing on all events, fuel quality, compression ratio etc.
One more realy important thing is carb design too. What I am meaning by that, is what is mixture ratio carb makes at any opening point. We will have much more power output specialy on acceleration if it stays in the same ratio-air/fuel. If you look on the carb-close it and slowly open-you will see when bottom end needle is living spray bar. From the moment when bottom end needle leave spray barour engine is running on top end needle setting, but we tune that needle when air is open completely. What I am talking about is-ones bottom end needle left spray bar, but air not open completely our air fuel mixture ratio is on fuel side ( reach)-this is exactly place where we are loosing run time and acceleration.
I have already moddify couple of carbs and realy happy with that.
Data, do I owe you bottle or to Ah10? I think I owe to Ah10 ( but can be mistaken)
Old 01-06-2004, 09:54 AM   #28
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: fuel consumption and hp

Quote:
If you look on the carb-close it and slowly open-you will see when bottom end needle is living spray bar. From the moment when bottom end needle leave spray barour engine is running on top end needle setting, but we tune that needle when air is open completely. What I am talking about is-ones bottom end needle left spray bar, but air not open completely our air fuel mixture ratio is on fuel side ( reach)-this is exactly place where we are loosing run time and acceleration.
I have already moddify couple of carbs and realy happy with that.
TG how do you go about making the bottom end needle leave the spray bar and at the same time the carb is fully open. Thanks
Old 01-06-2004, 09:57 AM   #29
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: fuel consumption and hp

Quote:
I think I owe to Ah10 ( but can be mistaken)
Top Gun, I dont think you owe me any alcohol! hehe but I wouldnt mind if you make me a fast 21 engine! hehe
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 01:19 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: fuel consumption and hp

Quote:
Originally posted by IronMan
TG how do you go about making the bottom end needle leave the spray bar and at the same time the carb is fully open. Thanks
We have to move spray bar closer to center of hole, reshape bottom end needle ( most important step-right shape-made three needles before got right shape), and it will be moved in till right tunning for idle.
Right now I am preparing drawings to make conversion kit for common carbs. Hope will be done very soon