Like Tree1Likes

"the tuning bible"

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 02:51 AM
Suspended

On my plane engines the throttle opening vs rpm is not linear:

Half open throttle = approx. 8500 RPM
Fully open throttle = approx. 12400 RPM

It is not the same type of carburators, but the function is the same.

For more information click here.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:04 PM
Tech Initiate

WOW! this will be very useful! Thanks for posting this!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Very informative, thanks!
Old 09-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey dudes, will these instructions work on a o.s. max .18 engine? Does novarossi make a engine that could replace the losi 3.4 engine. I'm in desperate need of a real engine. I used this o.s.max .18 and i'm really disappointed. Maybe a jb concepts has a engine thats compatable of the losi 3.4 junk. Thank you very much for your time. Pleaese reply.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by sykemike
Hey dudes, will these instructions work on a o.s. max .18 engine? Does novarossi make a engine that could replace the losi 3.4 engine. I'm in desperate need of a real engine. I used this o.s.max .18 and i'm really disappointed. Maybe a jb concepts has a engine thats compatable of the losi 3.4 junk. Thank you very much for your time. Pleaese reply.
Basic concept is same with any engine. There's slight difference among engines and brands of course. Unless you're a dork and picky like sid8 above, you should find this article very very informative cuz this made a heck of a improvement for me. Good luck,
Old 09-20-2013, 11:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just a quick opinion needed. My engine runs great idles for days, but after coming to a stop the idle will raise and stay there. Car doesn't load up, blows enough smoke and temps are reasonable. I noticed it will also run on just a touch on decel. Bottom end too lean? Idle too high?
Old 09-21-2013, 12:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by B00t13g
Just a quick opinion needed. My engine runs great idles for days, but after coming to a stop the idle will raise and stay there. Car doesn't load up, blows enough smoke and temps are reasonable. I noticed it will also run on just a touch on decel. Bottom end too lean? Idle too high?
What engine is it?
Old 09-21-2013, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lille-bror
What engine is it?
Fx royal 5
Old 09-21-2013, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It could just be because the engine comes in hotter after a run, and not necessary that it’s not tuned right. You would just have to give it little bit of throttle before runs in that case, if you turn idling speed down to right when it’s hot. Engines can be finicky at times; particularly high power engines, and two engines that are the same can act differently at times.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Those FX engines should run very smooth. My first thought was you are a little lean on the bottom. Otherwise the hsn can mess up the idle. If its a little too rich, you can have this problem on some engines because there is too much fuel in the case until the idle cleans the leftovers out. On the other side a too lean hsn sometimes can make the idle drop too low right after a high speed pass, because there is no more fuel left in the crank case.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Nitro Car Factory Settings?

Hi Guyz, Im New to this Forum, i was wondering if anyone knew what the factory settings for a HSP 1/10 Touring Car?

Thanks
Old 01-02-2014, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nitro RC ZEE
Hi Guyz, Im New to this Forum, i was wondering if anyone knew what the factory settings for a HSP 1/10 Touring Car?

Thanks
You're on the wrong thread. This thread is for engine/carburetor setting. Go to nitro car thread or ask the company directly. You seem to have gotten the RTR car and I doubt anybody have the set up here. I think you'd be better off talking to company.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

it's called a FAUX or False Idle.

Your idle gap is too large and your bottom too rich. This compensates for the high idle by richening up at idle. When you clear the crank of fuel in the straights, that's when yur true idle is in effect.

Lean the bottom needle and then drop the idle when you hear the rpm start to rise.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by blis
it's called a FAUX or False Idle.

Your idle gap is too large and your bottom too rich. This compensates for the high idle by richening up at idle. When you clear the crank of fuel in the straights, that's when yur true idle is in effect.

Lean the bottom needle and then drop the idle when you hear the rpm start to rise.
So this FAUX is caused by too much idle gap? My engine has the same phenomenon. It revs up when I stop the car. After several seconds, the idle dwindles down again. Temp and high speed are fine. But my idle gap is almost none.
Another problem with my engine: it just can't keep idling and it dies if I don't rev up continuously. I know lots of guys have this problem but just wanted to ask you.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

My car has very inconsistent shifting. Sometimes it doesn't shift, sometimes it shifts way too early. Sometimes, it stutters to shift. Things look ok in clutch system and I got a new 2nd gear shoe. I checked the one way many times and cleaned it. Drive train is all fine. What else should I check?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.