R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 03-07-2004, 09:02 PM   #121
Tech Adept

Sloookomo,

Haven`t got a Max yet, but will be getting a 12 and 21 version for this season. Currently running a RB Rody C5 and a Nova Rossi rr12L5. Max in UK, u must be joking, in this the country, we get everything last in the world ( and more expensive ) !!! I get my rc stuffs from HK .

Can anyone tell me how the 12 and 21 performances compared to the like of JP, KHM etc etc ?

Thanks

Xtreme888
xtreme888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 09:13 PM   #122
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

I assume since you are in Europe, you have access to Italian engines!

JP/Nova/Max/KHM are pretty much the same design with different logo on the crank case. As far as I can tell JP and Nova does not polish the exhaust on the crank case. Max also take the edge off the top of piston slightly.

I would expect all the engines above perform closely to each other.
slooookomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 05:09 PM   #123
Tech Adept

AAC version is listed on rc-mushroom.com now. 150.00 USD more expensive than the ABC version. Probably will only last 3 hours too!
Old 03-10-2004, 09:06 PM   #124
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by slooookomo
Max also take the edge off the top of piston slightly.
What do you mean by this? The sharp edges of the circular piston top are rounded?

Is this present in both the .12 and .21 Max engines as well?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 09:23 PM   #125
Tech Adept

Sorry I mean the side on the top of the piston... Don't know about the 12 engines.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:05 AM   #126
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by slooookomo
MX21 MAX MF AAC has landed in HK! Have not fired it up yet. Porting is different. 2 more exhaust ports compares to the ABC version. Same high standard you would expect from a MAX. Polished exhaust ...etc.

Don't know if it will last as long as the ABC version though...
Hi slooookomo,

When you get a chance, please let us know how you find the
AAC version of the .21 Max compared to the ABC .21 motors.

Interesting to find out how the material difference and the
additional porting would perform and difer based on actual
usage.

Thanks
Old 03-11-2004, 10:34 AM   #127
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Originally posted by jwf-ronni
Hi slooookomo,

When you get a chance, please let us know how you find the
AAC version of the .21 Max compared to the ABC .21 motors.

Interesting to find out how the material difference and the
additional porting would perform and difer based on actual
usage.

Thanks
That's exactly what I want to know too! also durability, my abc version max has last me 7 gallon, in fact going on my 8th gallon now!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 10:58 AM   #128
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by slooookomo
[B]MX21 MAX MF AAC has landed in HK! Have not fired it up yet. Porting is different. 2 more exhaust ports compares to the ABC version. Same high standard you would expect from a MAX. Polished exhaust ...etc.

Life of AAC and ABC are the same-piston material contain high Si and sleeves are chromed. Life of set isn't depending of sleeve's base material ( in general). Piston material and chrome quality and type-this is things which will dictate life.
There is advantages in AAC and diadvantages. The biggest disadvantage is-during the work, sleeve has microvibration and in touch with crancase is creating a lot AL debry which goes to combustion chamber, burn out and create extra temperature. With small mistake in tunning it will blew up glow plug. This is the reason why Sirio went to new fins integrated desing of sleeve, this is one of the reson why I went to sleeveless design. There is one more disadvantage is handeling. If somebody will try to put sleeve in cranckcase and it is not alighning right-this will damage sleeve geometry.
In advantage is -much easier to much piston/sleeve expantion ratio and production is much easier ( beside chrome plating, but when technology is developed-it is pretty easy too).
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.

Last edited by Top Gun 777; 03-11-2004 at 11:31 AM.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 11:02 AM   #129
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
What do you mean by this? The sharp edges of the circular piston top are rounded?

Is this present in both the .12 and .21 Max engines as well?
It is actualy done on all engines-always remove, make some extra tapper on the very top of piston ( arround), get rid of extrafriction while piston is hot. This is one of the biggest secret-how much the tapper is-everybody try a lot of stuff and still no universal solution. ( if I am thinking about the same thing as slooookomo)
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:19 AM   #130
Tech Adept

TopGun 777

Hi Edward,

When your 12 size engine will be available to the UK ?
Will the sirio 3 ports be benefit from a BRB P/S and conrod set ?
Old 03-11-2004, 11:29 AM   #131
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by xtreme888
TopGun 777

Hi Edward,

When your 12 size engine will be available to the UK ?
Will the sirio 3 ports be benefit from a BRB P/S and conrod set ?
How is going?
About availability of PS12 in UK you need to contact to Modellor.
BRB will give a lot of advantages in any type of crancase. Actualy BRB is very durable material and some screws in real aircrafts are made out of BRB. Very easy to handle, we got try hard to make it bent, but in the mean time it is "b...h" to work with. It remind Ti when you work with it on mettal working machines or tools.
Temperature properties are realy great and ones it picks up temperature it holds. This is one of the reason why BRB can be lean much further then ABC or AAC set ups.
I am not making BRB sets for Sirio for now, too much projects going on-21 engine, 21 P/S sets, so phisicaly have no chance to work on parts for Sirio. If someone wants to get together with me on Sirio projects, it might speed up developing process. On top of all this projects, I have family and my normal work which feeding me and my family
Old 03-11-2004, 11:55 AM   #132
Tech Adept

I am fine thank....

Just the weather at the moment over here is bloody S!**.
Anyway, will the 21 p/s brb set be available to all nova rossi based engine such as the RB C5?
Old 03-11-2004, 02:46 PM   #133
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Originally posted by xtreme888
I am fine thank....

Just the weather at the moment over here is bloody S!**.
Anyway, will the 21 p/s brb set be available to all nova rossi based engine such as the RB C5?
The sleeve on C5 is different from Nova Base, in this case I am referring to R1, PR21, T21. the guilding pin on the sleeve is at the opposite side compare with R1 base.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:26 PM   #134
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10
The sleeve on C5 is different from Nova Base, in this case I am referring to R1, PR21, T21. the guilding pin on the sleeve is at the opposite side compare with R1 base.
Cut for the guyding pin cam be make on both ( or four) sides of sleeves, free of charge.
Old 03-11-2004, 06:34 PM   #135
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Cut for the guyding pin cam be make on both ( or four) sides of sleeves, free of charge.
That is great to know! thanks ed, and would you please let me know when your bbr p/s is done! thanks!