R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2004, 10:06 PM   #31
Tech Champion
 
jfc_tech's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: www.JonehRC.com
Posts: 7,000
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
Dont worry, be happy
Just piston material is different, so it able to withstand higher operating temperature.



In car or at bench ?
Meaning mine is not "that able" to withstand higher tempereature?? How high is high? our weather is well, as maybe u know, tropical country, hot...like normal is 32-36 degrees sometimes...so normal temperature for this Novamax...if im using O'donnell 25% & Nova #6Tf medium plug???

In car break in...we don't have that privi. on bench, yet.

thanks Gold finger.
__________________
If you are in front of me, That's because I let you!
jfc_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 10:55 PM   #32
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 783
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jfc_tech
Meaning mine is not "that able" to withstand higher tempereature?? How high is high? our weather is well, as maybe u know, tropical country, hot...like normal is 32-36 degrees sometimes...so normal temperature for this Novamax...if im using O'donnell 25% & Nova #6Tf medium plug???

In car break in...we don't have that privi. on bench, yet.

thanks Gold finger.
By the end of this noon you will run out of tears I guess.

High is about 110-120 deg.C (we had same air/humid condition)
Higher/extreme means 120- ...explode ?? (not sure)

Hell..dont put to much attention on that.

Put xtra attention on this part :
- This NS based engine will operating hotter than any other model. So dont break it too cold. In car, I know its quite difficult but believe me it can be done very well.
- Basic thing: open the plug pour 1 or 2 teaspoon of after run oil.
Turns in your startbox for 5 seconds, you will notice small (repetitive) takh.takh.... ( remember this sound, turn off your radio ) It soon will dissapear. If not, repeat the 5 second.
Once it dissapears, pour your fuel. Make sure your plug area is clean. Start again, now the takh.takh.. is louder than before dont worry it will be dissapear. THe last step is wash your engine from after run oil, not so important but will save your plug for entire break in step.
- Install your plug and start your engine. Dont touch any neddle except idle screw.
- Do the 1st tank for idling, watch the temp, should be around 50-55 C.
- Open throttle 1/4 way for the 2nd tanks and maintain the temp around 70 (maximum). Use High speed needle only. No need to cooling down between each tanks, just place igniter before open the tank.
- Open throttle 1/2 way for the 3rd tanks and keep maintaining the 70 deg temp.

I broke couple of this engine very well in 4x125cc so you can figure it when using 75 car tank.
In your last tank, do the idling step. If your engine is stroking in the same rate.. well done!. If still bit up and down just continue in your track.

Sorry for long reading. I just feeling this part is make a lot different in performance.
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 12:52 AM   #33
Tech Champion
 
jfc_tech's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: www.JonehRC.com
Posts: 7,000
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
By the end of this noon you will run out of tears I guess.

High is about 110-120 deg.C (we had same air/humid condition)
Higher/extreme means 120- ...explode ?? (not sure)

Hell..dont put to much attention on that.

Put xtra attention on this part :
- This NS based engine will operating hotter than any other model. So dont break it too cold. In car, I know its quite difficult but believe me it can be done very well.
- Basic thing: open the plug pour 1 or 2 teaspoon of after run oil.
Turns in your startbox for 5 seconds, you will notice small (repetitive) takh.takh.... ( remember this sound, turn off your radio ) It soon will dissapear. If not, repeat the 5 second.
Once it dissapears, pour your fuel. Make sure your plug area is clean. Start again, now the takh.takh.. is louder than before dont worry it will be dissapear. THe last step is wash your engine from after run oil, not so important but will save your plug for entire break in step.
- Install your plug and start your engine. Dont touch any neddle except idle screw.
- Do the 1st tank for idling, watch the temp, should be around 50-55 C.
- Open throttle 1/4 way for the 2nd tanks and maintain the temp around 70 (maximum). Use High speed needle only. No need to cooling down between each tanks, just place igniter before open the tank.
- Open throttle 1/2 way for the 3rd tanks and keep maintaining the 70 deg temp.

I broke couple of this engine very well in 4x125cc so you can figure it when using 75 car tank.
In your last tank, do the idling step. If your engine is stroking in the same rate.. well done!. If still bit up and down just continue in your track.

Sorry for long reading. I just feeling this part is make a lot different in performance.
yep...i just finished my tears exactly at 2pm (after a long call to my LHS reg. P5 older than S5 & etc etc).

i dont understand u said "No need to cooling down between each tanks, just place igniter before open the tank."
__________________
If you are in front of me, That's because I let you!
jfc_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 09:24 PM   #34
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 783
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jfc_tech
i dont understand u said "No need to cooling down between each tanks, just place igniter before open the tank."
.... In manual usually stated to cool down between each tanks. I found better results without cooling down as long as you kept maintainning the temperature.
You need to clip you glow igniter to the plug, then open the tank to fill the tank.

..Pls do remember! this is my way , others may different. Better to call your LHS again about this.
Hope will help.
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 12:05 AM   #35
Tech Master
 
over gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,096
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

is this an legal race engine?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=34062
over gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 08:29 PM   #36
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by over gear
is this an legal race engine?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=34062
I am afraid it is! ouch $339!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 08:04 AM   #37
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Prices are going up! It is getting sick, realy sick!
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 08:19 AM   #38
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

this is what killed the hobby a few years ago before the sedan
class brought rc back. manufacturers just start to double the
prices for the same stuff. i remember when the most expensive
nova was $149.00 mt12 i know tech. has gotten better and
they have updated the material here and there even if you
take into acct inflation it does not justify the price difference
in 3 years.
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 08:33 AM   #39
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 783
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jwf_frani
this is what killed the hobby a few years ago before the sedan
class brought rc back. manufacturers just start to double the
prices for the same stuff. i remember when the most expensive
nova was $149.00 mt12 i know tech. has gotten better and
they have updated the material here and there even if you
take into acct inflation it does not justify the price difference
in 3 years.
This year our nats serie using a quite unsual restriction but make sense.
3 port engine and should be 1st hand from manufacturer (not tuner) base.
So only Novarossi, OS, Sirio and some other factory based, no profesional tuner (even RB, Max, JP) can compete and no personal modification is allowed either.

Quite paintfull for those (fast guy) but lets hope the effect is positive.
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 10:03 AM   #40
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
This year our nats serie using a quite unsual restriction but make sense.
3 port engine and should be 1st hand from manufacturer (not tuner) base.
So only Novarossi, OS, Sirio and some other factory based, no profesional tuner (even RB, Max, JP) can compete and no personal modification is allowed either.

Quite paintfull for those (fast guy) but lets hope the effect is positive.
Very interesting restrictions! What about if I made my own new engine, is going to be allowed to use? It is not just example, I realy have my own engine and can it be use in your area?
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 10:06 AM   #41
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

that should help keep your cost down locally but my beef is
that even the base motors from nova and rb seems to cost
a lot more than it used to. I can't wait for the new engine
guys to release thier own line of engines such as O'donnel,
top gun, and the denis ritchey.
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 10:08 AM   #42
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jwf_frani
that should help keep your cost down locally but my beef is
that even the base motors from nova and rb seems to cost
a lot more than it used to. I can't wait for the new engine
guys to release thier own line of engines such as O'donnel,
top gun, and the denis ritchey.
If everything going Ok ( engines already here) you will see them this weekend.
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 10:30 AM   #43
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

good luck to you and your drivers at winternats.
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 10:32 AM   #44
Tech Master
 
modellor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 1,447
Default

Hey TG,

remember to keep a cloth over it in the pitlane and a nice big vicious dog standing by the side

Dont want anyone seeing inside yet, do we
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 10:32 AM   #45
Tech Master
 
modellor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 1,447
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jwf_frani
good luck to you and your drivers at winternats.
Thanks Francis.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NovaMax MX 12 S3 snemi00 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2004 08:58 PM
NovaMAX 15 New! kitracer R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 03-30-2004 08:50 PM
NovaMax .21 smash123 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-07-2003 06:11 PM
NovaMax .12 smash123 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 06-20-2003 02:07 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:43 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net