R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 03-12-2004, 12:09 AM   #136
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

I will be running in a AAC and ABC Max 21 engines this weekend. Will let you guys know how it work out. The Nova "R5" rod is not out yet... so chances are I will not push the engine as I have no spare rod.

Thanks Topgun for your information. As to the taking edge off the side of piston... My understanding is that they don't do that on standard engine. The piston is just off the machining production line. Some mod engine will take the edge off later. Then you seems to know a lot more than I do. What you said make sense too.
slooookomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 08:43 AM   #137
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by slooookomo
I will be running in a AAC and ABC Max 21 engines this weekend. Will let you guys know how it work out. The Nova "R5" rod is not out yet... so chances are I will not push the engine as I have no spare rod.

Thanks Topgun for your information. As to the taking edge off the side of piston... My understanding is that they don't do that on standard engine. The piston is just off the machining production line. Some mod engine will take the edge off later. Then you seems to know a lot more than I do. What you said make sense too.
You are very welcom.
I am sure you will find that AAC behaving differently and much better in my understanding, but always keep in mind that AAC is very gentel and needs different type of attention and handeling.
About the edge, so far I saw on all engines ( common), some of them has more some of them has less. This is whole beauty to find right for particular material, it is since and experimenting time.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 08:45 AM   #138
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10
That is great to know! thanks ed, and would you please let me know when your bbr p/s is done! thanks!
Ones they ready I will let know and keep update with testing (21). It will be testing by one of my friend. 12 are comming and this is metter of week or so.
Hope to see you at CP this Sunday.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:38 PM   #139
Tech Adept

Top Gun 777,

Hiya Edward....I have emailed Campbell, but i guess he must be busy or away coz i am still waiting for a reply regarding one of yours P/s set for a sirio. So when will the 21 version of brb be available over here, as i will wait rather than buy a new p/s for either my Novamega MS or my RB C5.

Thanks
xtreme888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 06:04 PM   #140
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by xtreme888
Top Gun 777,

Hiya Edward....I have emailed Campbell, but i guess he must be busy or away coz i am still waiting for a reply regarding one of yours P/s set for a sirio. So when will the 21 version of brb be available over here, as i will wait rather than buy a new p/s for either my Novamega MS or my RB C5.

Thanks
Hmm, email must have got lost somewhere. I sent a reply back on the 9th. I have my email on 18hrs 2 days a week and the other 5 I dont sleep .

I will resend you the email now. The .21 BRB sleeves will be available in the UK just as soon as they are put into production. Though these wont fit the .21 sirio due to different sleeve configeration.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 06:17 PM   #141
Tech Elite

Just can add, what ever prodiced, will be evenly destibuted all over the world. If everything goes Ok, I belive will be available sometime in end of April.
So many projects going on.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:17 AM   #142
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

hi.....

does anybody buy products from r/c stores from hong kong???

I would like to purchase an engine and also take advantage to buy a ko propo ex-10 helios.

I live in Brazil but I would receive these products in USA, I don't know how the customs rates are applied.....

please tell me about it.....

O.S. Engines - KM RACING - CONTACT TYRES - SAVOX - LRP - ARC | Blitz | Titan
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 09:43 AM   #143
Tech Adept

I bought alot of parts tires from Online RC model shop and will never buy from them again! You pay for parts, they ship you some and you will never hear from them again.
I will only order from RC-Mushroom from now on.
Lil Pinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 09:46 AM   #144
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

ok....

but how about the customs rates?? the package is duty free???

Old 03-14-2004, 09:52 AM   #145
Tech Adept

I'm in Los ANgeles, CA and there are no custom rates just what you pay to the store. I don't know if that answers your question
Old 03-14-2004, 09:54 AM   #146
Tech Fanatic

yep....

i would like to know if when i receive my package in USA (Miami-FL) I'll have to pay another tax not included in the shipping costs.....

Old 03-14-2004, 10:00 AM   #147
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

I ordered twice from them and as stated on their website the items were sent out in 2 day and arrived before 5days.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:02 AM   #148
Tech Fanatic

and did you pay any import tax when you received the package?????

Old 03-14-2004, 10:02 AM   #149
Tech Adept

nope!
Old 03-14-2004, 06:28 PM   #150
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Ran in a normal and an AAC Max on the weekend.

I cut short the runin on the bench for the AAC to ensure I don't wear it out. During the last tank on the track running at 80c. The AAC does feel more crispy and rev harder.

Then it is hard to tell without another car on the track. Will report back once I raced it. Which will be in 2 weeks time.
slooookomo is offline   Reply With Quote