Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 03:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Though still deciding between the 353 or +12-3ST but what is most likely the best manifold and muffler for the track in link below? Still to ask around at the track what people are running but always good for other opinions. I do like rather linear power that is long revving.
Also thanks for the heads up guys on the older 353 too.

http://youtu.be/CoIZujZQ4A0

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Smile 07604 , N1 N2?

Hi can anyone tell me the difference between the N1 and the N2 rod.
Both have same part number 07604 but different batch numbers?

Thanks
Steve h
Old 01-22-2013, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by WildManDriving
Though still deciding between the 353 or +12-3ST but what is most likely the best manifold and muffler for the track in link below? Still to ask around at the track what people are running but always good for other opinions. I do like rather linear power that is long revving.
Also thanks for the heads up guys on the older 353 too.

http://youtu.be/CoIZujZQ4A0

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
i have both motors, on my home track 330 ft straight the 353 with med manifold and 2660 pipe works the best for me. i have found the plus3sct good on med or small tracks
Old 01-23-2013, 12:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

steve the 1 is ordinal 2 is what you get to replace it with I hope or I will be told I am wrong again
greg
Old 02-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Anybody know the rear bearing size on a Max XL9?
Old 02-01-2013, 07:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Nevermind, 14x25.8
Old 02-04-2013, 06:49 AM
Tech Addict

Default Keep On .12

Dear all, any reviews on the keep on .12

And what about the bearings are they better than the PT?

Had a PT and really liked it so really want to get the Keep on if it is better than the PT.

Regards

Ramon
Old 02-04-2013, 07:15 AM
HHH
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by speed6

Had a PT and really liked it so really want to get the Keep on if it is better than the PT.

Regards

Ramon
Here is a link with pics from a while back.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-n...eep-tuned.html

Is a great engine. Cannot notice the new bearing. Super expensive to change out the bearing, so expensive it almost does not make sense to change the bearing(s). I had a PT and the keep on seems smoother and easier to tune.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Regards

Ramon
I have two Keep-on .12 PTS and they are both equally great motors. I retired a Flash PTS which I loved and didn't regret it. As noted previously, the bearing is expensive to switch out so take care when breaking in and maintenance. I would suggest getting on that's already run-in to help prevent damaging the bearing during break in.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default I'm wondering what is technically different

Originally Posted by shanwright
Hi can anyone tell me the difference between the N1 and the N2 rod.
Both have same part number 07604 but different batch numbers?

Thanks
Steve h
Hi guys I'm curious about the technical differences between the N1 and N2 crank.
I have a a keepon .12 and o ordered some spare rods and they are N1 but the one in the engine is an N2. Dimensional they look the same. Does anyone know if there has been a material change? Or any other specification that have changed?

Steve H
Old 02-17-2013, 01:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
I have two Keep-on .12 PTS and they are both equally great motors. I retired a Flash PTS which I loved and didn't regret it. As noted previously, the bearing is expensive to switch out so take care when breaking in and maintenance. I would suggest getting on that's already run-in to help prevent damaging the bearing during break in.
Heard that the KEEP ON engines have less pinch than the other Nova's produced.
Is it a good thing i mean will the engine wear faster?
Old 02-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shanwright
Hi guys I'm curious about the technical differences between the N1 and N2 crank.
I have a a keepon .12 and o ordered some spare rods and they are N1 but the one in the engine is an N2. Dimensional they look the same. Does anyone know if there has been a material change? Or any other specification that have changed?

Steve H
I'm a .21 guy not a .12 guy but knowing Nova the way I do, I think I can shed some light on it.

Generally Nova uses a letter and a number to identify their rods. The first letter denotes what it is for (R,C,P,N, whatever). Any motor that has an R rod in it can use any other R rod. So if you have a 2000 era .21 with an R2 rod, a modern R7 will fit it.

The number is the version of that particular size rod. The higher the number, the newer the rod.

Now again, I don't know the recent .12s but if Nova's nomenclature remains the same, any motor with an N1 rod can be replaced with an N2. The 2 just means it's an updated design and they are usually better.

Of course, sometimes even the same numbered rods get updated. I just replaced an R7 09 rod with an R7 13. Though they are the same part number, they are noticeably different. Both are dimensionally the same and will work just fine.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Heard that the KEEP ON engines have less pinch than the other Nova's produced.
Is it a good thing i mean will the engine wear faster?
I'm not sure about pinch, you'd have to ask a more experienced person when it comes to that. Mine where pre-run in motors and they were fine. It also depends on who you ask about pinch since some will tell you if the motor has too much, it's not broken in and that's bad also.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:45 AM
Tech Champion

Default Thank you Novarossi and Automodel

I have good experience with Novarossi and Automodel.

( Automodel is novarossi distributor in my country ).

Last month I received 3 set piston sleeve replacement due to piston sleeve scracthes.

I have no idea why it could happened...... anyway, I already forget my un-happiness.

I'm thankful Novarossi and Automodel for caring me. Very good customer service indeed

Old 02-18-2013, 02:37 AM
Tech Lord

The most right looks like a bad bridge in the exhaust port. The other 2 I have seen more. Probably caused with the combination of a tight pinch, low lubrication and to fast on the throttle after a cold start. All of these problems I have seen were with the latest version of the microcasted piston about 2 years ago. After that they switched back to the CNC piston and made some cooling channels just under the exhaust port (flash models).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.