Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Old 06-09-2021, 09:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Concentrate
last question. is there a certain kind? all the videos told me to use IAT anti freeze, which is the old stuff and mix 50/50 with water.
the newer antifreeze is for OEM or something, theres also brands that support all version of antifreeze.
Old 06-09-2021, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kartarish
last question. is there a certain kind? all the videos told me to use IAT anti freeze, which is the old stuff and mix 50/50 with water.
the newer antifreeze is for OEM or something, theres also brands that support all version of antifreeze.
I am in Australia so may be different... but this is what i have been using successfully.

jtrmx250 likes this.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy
Hello!

I am getting back into nitro this summer, and will be running my Inferno GT2 cars for some parking lot racing.

Absolutehobbyz has a great deal on the Novarossi Top Elite .21 9 port on-road motors ($240/unit), and I was planning on picking one up to try this season.
  • Does anyone have experience with this motor?
  • If so, what off-road pipe combo will work best?

I've got an Ofna 086 pipe that I run on all motors, will this suffice?.. or am I in danger of damaging the motor with this pipe combo?

Any advice is helpful.

Thank you!
I still use an 086 pipe on my 9 port Nova motors and they have worked great. Downside is that its not a 3-chamber pipe so it will be much louder and cannot be used in races.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kartarish
Use something for aluminium engine blocks. I've always used G12 or G12++ (Volkswagen standard).

Andreas
Old 06-10-2021, 04:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Glutton
I still use an 086 pipe on my 9 port Nova motors and they have worked great. Downside is that its not a 3-chamber pipe so it will be much louder and cannot be used in races.
Thanks for your response!

Great news about the 086 pipe on a 9 port!

AbsoluteHobbyz just dropped their prices (57% off) on their remaining Novas so I ended up purchasing a Mito 9port and Mephisto GT5.

Thanks again!
illmatic94 likes this.
Old 07-27-2021, 04:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What would cause the engine internals to be this black?

The exhaust port was black as well
Old 07-27-2021, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by illmatic94
What would cause the engine internals to be this black?

The exhaust port was black as well
Normally caused by castor oil in your fuel
Old 08-09-2021, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Hello all - Iím at a bit of a crossroads here regarding the Nova situation, so any advice here would be much appreciatedÖ I bought a Mephisto .12 literally days before word of Novarossiís closing due to the situation in Italy last year as the pandemic was taking hold of that country. While my personal racing plans got put on hiatus for a while, this entire lack of information for over a year now has left me with a difficult decision to make.

That being said, now that I am personally ready to resume my racing program by years end, I donít know what to do, so I must ask - should I consider selling the Mephisto, and going with something readily available, or are there other tuners out there who could reliably supply parts compatible with Novarossi equipment? I would have thought by now that there would be some news (good or bad) straight from the horseís mouth, but sadly, this is not the case. Anyway, any advice would be much appreciated. Iíve already ordered an O.S. Speed T1204 combo kit as a replacement to have in my ďgarageĒ, regardless of what my final decision on the Mephisto is.

Oh, on a somewhat related note, I recently came across 2 1-Quart bottles of some old (approx. 7-8 yrs.) Sidewinder 20% fuel which obviously I have absolutely no intention of ever using, even though they remain sealedÖ so the question is, how the heck do I safely dispose of this stuff?
Old 08-09-2021, 09:46 AM
Tech Lord

I know with the .21 you can get the new by Hudy made rods from MAX.
Also GiMar seems to have a huge stock of parts.

Ypu can sell it, you can also use it untill it is broken.
TurnNBurn likes this.
Old 08-09-2021, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roelof
I know with the .21 you can get the new by Hudy made rods from MAX.
Also GiMar seems to have a huge stock of parts.

Ypu can sell it, you can also use it untill it is broken.
Thanks, Roelof - I will check those options out!

EDIT: Well, I managed to get some parts from GiMar. Got a few key parts I was seeking, but despite the decent inventory, some things are just plain difficult to find anywhere - still, pleasantly surprised with what they still have. The C6TGF glow plugs in particular are going to be a challenge though. It figures that those would probably be depleted first. If not Nova, I hope I can find a suitable replacement.

Anyway, thanks again! Iíll definitely be paying the GiMar site more visits in the future.

Last edited by TurnNBurn; 08-09-2021 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-10-2021, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn

EDIT: Well, I managed to get some parts from GiMar. Got a few key parts I was seeking, but despite the decent inventory, some things are just plain difficult to find anywhere - still, pleasantly surprised with what they still have. The C6TGF glow plugs in particular are going to be a challenge though. It figures that those would probably be depleted first. If not Nova, I hope I can find a suitable replacement.

Anyway, thanks again! Iíll definitely be paying the GiMar site more visits in the future.
Use the motor until it dies and the get a different brand. As far as plugs, people have been using O.S. plugs on nova motors for a while. I started doing it in the .21 Virtus days.
TurnNBurn likes this.
Old 08-10-2021, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn

i believe os rp6 and novarossi c6thf are similar temps.
Old 08-10-2021, 12:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by illmatic94
i believe os rp6 and novarossi c6thf are similar temps.
Yes. I even used the RP6 on Picco
Old 08-10-2021, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Great - thanks guys. Iíll check them out, considering that Iíll want spare plugs on hand for the T1204 anyway.
Old 08-20-2021, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Hi again all - so I managed to get some extra ct6 plugs for the Mephisto, but after seeing a video on glow plugs recently, I needed to ask if anyone with vast experience - given that Iím in Florida, Iíll be exposed to temperature ranges that will exceed the recommended limits for the CT6 plug. I hope to have my car/engine ready for the Miami GP in December, so I know the plug will be in prime conditions for it, but once temperatures come up in the Summer months, is it better to have colder plugs on hand for 80-90F degree temperatures? Or do people generally stick to the same plug and retune? Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.