Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Old 09-03-2020, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcindia
Thanks for the feedback. Is the Mephisto GT5, the replacement for Mito. Looks like its higher spec than the Mito
Yes it is. Spec is the basically the same. Both engines were available with steel or ceramic bearings. So you maybe comparing a Mito with steel bearings against a Mephisto with Ceramic bearings but the physical engines are both racing level engines so specs are similar.
rcindia likes this.
Old 09-03-2020, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have 2 R7 rods for sale if interested ...
Old 09-04-2020, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I'm curious about which engines racers are leaning toward running with the Novarossi's in decline. I'm USA based if it matters. Also, running .12 engines.

Last edited by TeamCarnage; 09-04-2020 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-04-2020, 07:43 AM
Tech Lord

Although Picco can make fast engines, over the last years there were many complains about fast worn P/S sets. Over here I do see many OS and OS based engines. Now XRD has something new I expect to see some of them.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
I'm curious about which engines are racers are leaning toward running with the Novarossi's in decline. I'm USA based if it matters. Also, running .12 engines.
Nearly everyone in the U.S. is starting to migrate to OS based engines.
For .21 sized, the 2103 and 2104 are quickly becoming the standard.
For .12 sized, the 1202 and 1203 models are pretty awesome.
Wallace Motorsports is importing the Ielasi tuned SMJ and Max Power flavor of OS engines.
RC Target is importing Max as well.
Some of the best pricing for Factory OS is through RCMart.
I'm pretty sure someone is importing the VS Rody line but not sure who.
TeamCarnage likes this.
Old 09-05-2020, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
I'm curious about which engines racers are leaning toward running with the Novarossi's in decline. I'm USA based if it matters. Also, running .12 engines.
Originally Posted by YoDog
...Max Power flavor of OS engines...
My understanding is that there is no such thing as a Max Power OS engine. Max Power engines 'were' Novarossi based but Max has acquired the machinery(from Novarossi) to take over this production for himself.

Max Power America (Drew Ellis) is the North American importer for the entire Max Power product line (engines, pipes, parts, etc.).
nitrodude likes this.

Last edited by sps3172; 09-05-2020 at 01:55 PM.
Old 09-06-2020, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sps3172
My understanding is that there is no such thing as a Max Power OS engine. Max Power engines 'were' Novarossi based but Max has acquired the machinery(from Novarossi) to take over this production for himself.

Max Power America (Drew Ellis) is the North American importer for the entire Max Power product line (engines, pipes, parts, etc.).
I stand corrected on the Max products. Thanks for the clarification. It's looking like Max will be the brand that will carry on the legacy.
Old 09-07-2020, 07:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoDog
I stand corrected on the Max products. Thanks for the clarification. It's looking like Max will be the brand that will carry on the legacy.
So itís confirmed that Nova brand will be laid to rest? Whatís the source of the info?

I really enjoyed the Nova engines during my nitro days. I started with the P4, moving to the P5XLT, Keep Off, Bonito. They were fairly easy to work on and run. Only issue was breakin. EBIS didnít exist then.

Sad to see them go. To come back to Nitro, I just brought an Ison GT.

Thatís me replacing bearings in a pinch for a teammate during a race!!

Losi215 likes this.
Old 09-07-2020, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

So itís confirmed that Nova brand will be laid to rest? Whatís the source of the info?

I really enjoyed the Nova engines during my nitro days. I started with the P4, moving to the P5XLT, Keep Off, Bonito. They were fairly easy to work on and run. Only issue was breakin. EBIS didnít exist then.

Sad to see them go. To come back to Nitro, I just brought an Ison GT.

Thatís me replacing bearings in a pinch for a teammate during a race!!

I am curious as well as well as lots more. It would be really nice as well as respectful for Novarossi to inform it's many customers, followers and fans to give at least a bit of an explanation of what is going on with the company at this point!!!! I understand that these are some crazy times now, but right is right and wrong is wrong and what Novarossi is doing is wrong bottom line!!!
Old 09-09-2020, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by eevul
Is anyone encountering problems with their carbs coming lose to the point of falling off on their Mitos? I've had 2 brand new .12 Mitos that no matter how tight I have the carb, it still comes out. I've tightened the screw so much at one point that I snapped the head off of it. I'm also not the only one at my track having the same problem. There are about 6 to 10 people that have had the same issue in the last year. We have a very healthy nitro touring class and this carb issue is affecting a lot of the racers who are running NovaRossi Mito .12. The track is fairly smooth and I tend to run fairly clean so no hard crashes (if any) would be the cause. Anyone else having the same problem?
I don't know if anyone has answered this question but I have found that this is due to the Throttle servo pulling on the carb beyond full open. The EPA setting is too high.This is especially bad with a high torque servo and a stiff chassis. Always adjust the throttle open EPA to the point where the slide is fully open but no further.
Old 09-09-2020, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

So Novarossi is out, ah? What a crazy time!
i just dumped 50 piston/sleeve/conrod sets in the garage! LOL
Old 09-12-2020, 02:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Maybe you should start making engines again EdwardN😊
Old 09-13-2020, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MP10rocks
Maybe you should start making engines again EdwardN😊
Nooo!!! I am done with this hobby.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Any updates on Nova? I contacted some former employees and the responses are not encouraging. Either way, I brought some used and a new GT engine/Pipes. Lets see how this goes.

What company makes replacement glow plugs that fit Nova? I have used O'Donnell in the past and seemed to work. The company closed.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Any updates on Nova? I contacted some former employees and the responses are not encouraging. Either way, I brought some used and a new GT engine/Pipes. Lets see how this goes.

What company makes replacement glow plugs that fit Nova? I have used O'Donnell in the past and seemed to work. The company closed.
O.S. plugs are fine. Some believe they are actually better. Another good thing is that they are a little cheaper too.
davidl, rcindia and dan_vector like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.