Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Old 02-23-2018, 08:02 AM
  #5506  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (31)
 
TeamCarnage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Highland In. USA
Posts: 2,079
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Can someone tell me the difference between these 2 bearings? They are for the .12 Mito WC. My ceramic crapped out and I want to put a steel bearing in. I came across 2 numbers that are the same correct size. It's the main bearing. The 2 numbers are 16608 and 16604. Thanks in advance! Ohhh, And what about the rods? 7604, 1,2,or 3? I assume they got stronger as time moved on. In case you're wondering, I went back to Nova's after a good run with Picco..

Last edited by TeamCarnage; 02-23-2018 at 06:35 PM. Reason: another Q
TeamCarnage is offline  
Old 02-24-2018, 10:41 AM
  #5507  
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,529
Default

Hey all,

Does anyone happen to know, or have used a Buku "crank case end cap" for the Nova Rossi .12 Mito ?
I have tried contacting them but no reply?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
BM
British Menace is offline  
Old 02-28-2018, 11:04 AM
  #5508  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: RC Track
Posts: 691
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Look what got delivered.


sebtarta is offline  
Old 02-28-2018, 11:34 AM
  #5509  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
dan_vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,332
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by yxiaocheng
What is a good pipe combination for .21 onroad engine (FLASH)? Thanks.
With the Nova .21 onroad engines pretty much the 2015 pipe exclusively with either the 5 or 6 ring conical manifold (41015 or 41016). On a fast flowing track go with the shorter 5 ring manifold for more top end.
dan_vector is offline  
Old 02-28-2018, 11:39 AM
  #5510  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
dan_vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,332
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by British Menace
Hey all,

Does anyone happen to know, or have used a Buku "crank case end cap" for the Nova Rossi .12 Mito ?
I have tried contacting them but no reply?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
BM
Do they do crank case caps for .12 engines as these caps are designed for offroad use and I've never seen one used or needed with an onroad engine.
dan_vector is offline  
Old 02-28-2018, 11:40 AM
  #5511  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
dan_vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,332
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sebtarta
Look what got delivered.


Nice but it's an offroad engine. What onroad car is it going in? A 1/8 GT? (As you've posted it in the onroad novarossi thread).
dan_vector is offline  
Old 02-28-2018, 12:54 PM
  #5512  
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,529
Default

Originally Posted by dan_vector
Do they do crank case caps for .12 engines as these caps are designed for offroad use and I've never seen one used or needed with an onroad engine.
Hi Dan

I was hoping they do a "Cap Set" for a Nova .12

I tried one of these cap's on my Ninja .21 B03 (Yes. I ran it in my GT car)
I can say the engine held it's tune for the whole life of the engine. (Only having to adjust for climate/ temp change's!) There really was a noticeable difference!

I have had that Ninja for ........ must be 4 year's now and it's getting a little tired?! So looking at getting a WERKS GT next.

Anyway. I digress.
I can't seam to get a reply from BUKU about a cap set for either the Nova Mito .12 or which part # I need to order for the WERKS GT cap set??

Just wondered if anyone on here knew.

Regard's
BM
British Menace is offline  
Old 02-28-2018, 12:55 PM
  #5513  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: RC Track
Posts: 691
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dan_vector
Nice but it's an offroad engine. What onroad car is it going in? A 1/8 GT? (As you've posted it in the onroad novarossi thread).
Damn it!
I thought I was on the Off-Road section.

Nothing to see here!
British Menace and dan_vector like this.
sebtarta is offline  
Old 03-02-2018, 12:26 AM
  #5514  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (18)
 
yxiaocheng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Bay Area (California)
Posts: 330
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dan_vector
With the Nova .21 onroad engines pretty much the 2015 pipe exclusively with either the 5 or 6 ring conical manifold (41015 or 41016). On a fast flowing track go with the shorter 5 ring manifold for more top end.
Thanks for the info!
yxiaocheng is offline  
Old 03-04-2018, 06:11 PM
  #5515  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (31)
 
TeamCarnage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Highland In. USA
Posts: 2,079
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
Can someone tell me the difference between these 2 bearings? They are for the .12 Mito WC. My ceramic crapped out and I want to put a steel bearing in. I came across 2 numbers that are the same correct size. It's the main bearing. The 2 numbers are 16608 and 16604. Thanks in advance! Ohhh, And what about the rods? 7604, 1,2,or 3? I assume they got stronger as time moved on. In case you're wondering, I went back to Nova's after a good run with Picco..
So, I have the bearing thing handled. The rod, not so much. Where do I get the 7604/3 rod? The 7604/1 rod is noticeably weaker than the 3. TIA!
TeamCarnage is offline  
Old 03-05-2018, 02:53 AM
  #5516  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
dan_vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,332
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by British Menace
Hi Dan

I was hoping they do a "Cap Set" for a Nova .12

I tried one of these cap's on my Ninja .21 B03 (Yes. I ran it in my GT car)
I can say the engine held it's tune for the whole life of the engine. (Only having to adjust for climate/ temp change's!) There really was a noticeable difference!

I have had that Ninja for ........ must be 4 year's now and it's getting a little tired?! So looking at getting a WERKS GT next.

Anyway. I digress.
I can't seam to get a reply from BUKU about a cap set for either the Nova Mito .12 or which part # I need to order for the WERKS GT cap set??

Just wondered if anyone on here knew.

Regard's
BM
I'm pretty sure the cap thing was more an off-road thing and so they don't have caps for .12 engines unfortunately. Nova engines don't need any help to hold tune and run well. Other engines might but the Mito .12 is super stable and holds tune just fine all day long.
dan_vector is offline  
Old 03-05-2018, 07:19 AM
  #5517  
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,529
Default

Originally Posted by dan_vector
I'm pretty sure the cap thing was more an off-road thing and so they don't have caps for .12 engines unfortunately. Nova engines don't need any help to hold tune and run well. Other engines might but the Mito .12 is super stable and holds tune just fine all day long.
Hey Dan,

Yes. It would figure about them being designed for off-road.
Good info' on the .12 Mito. Thank you.

Regard's
BM
British Menace is offline  
Old 03-06-2018, 04:59 AM
  #5518  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
ralphierace13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,565
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dan_vector
With the Nova .21 onroad engines pretty much the 2015 pipe exclusively with either the 5 or 6 ring conical manifold (41015 or 41016). On a fast flowing track go with the shorter 5 ring manifold for more top end.

shorter manifold is for bottom end power...
ralphierace13 is offline  
Old 03-06-2018, 05:33 AM
  #5519  
Tech Lord
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 12,429
Default

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
shorter manifold is for bottom end power...
Nope, short is for more top and long is for more bottom.
davidl likes this.
Roelof is offline  
Old 03-06-2018, 07:51 AM
  #5520  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
ralphierace13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,565
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Roelof
Nope, short is for more top and long is for more bottom.
Let's think about this the length of the manifold dictates the pulse wave right, pulse wave comes out and returns its what's called getting on the power so when u have a short manifold the wave returns faster power comes on quicker I dont know y people have it backwards I have tech books that show shorter manifold is for bottom. Truthfully I never told anyone before because my car was always ballistic bottom end and everyone always ran the long manifold..
ralphierace13 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.