Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Old 03-27-2013, 02:50 PM
  #4576  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 100
Default

Dont know much about nitro engines but I was told to get a novarossi one. I went to the local hobby shop was recommended the Flash.12-3 Tuned for my mugen mtx-5 heres the link
http://www.novarossi.it/2012/index.p...2-3-tuned.html

is this the way to go for me? the car will just be used for fun at the track
Sakuraszero is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 05:37 PM
  #4577  
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Originally Posted by El Nitro
Novarossi 353 .12 Plus 2 Tuned

I cannot complete a 5 minute race with this engine (see my thread Run Out Of Fuel).

Im aiming for a maximum temp of 130C.

Whats the maximum you can run these engines (long term) without damaging. (140C, 150C????)

How do I get more runtime.

Cheers
Change your exhaust pipe !. Change pipe with smaller diameter stinger. Novarossi 2660 or sumthing like that....... sorry i forget the correct model number. The pipe has wider diameter body, and 5.2mm stinger diameter exhaust tip.

Last edited by asw7576; 03-27-2013 at 05:48 PM.
asw7576 is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 05:26 PM
  #4578  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 82
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hi all,

I looking for an used Novarossi 10611B .12 Alum Carburettor for Flash 12-3, Flash PT and Keep-On 12 engines.

If any of you want to sale, please do let me know by e-mailing me at [email protected]

Thank you.
ongsc27 is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 07:49 AM
  #4579  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 423
Default

Originally Posted by Sakuraszero
Dont know much about nitro engines but I was told to get a novarossi one. I went to the local hobby shop was recommended the Flash.12-3 Tuned for my mugen mtx-5 heres the link
http://www.novarossi.it/2012/index.p...2-3-tuned.html

is this the way to go for me? the car will just be used for fun at the track
The most popular engines today are the Nova Keep On .12 (world champ engine) or the 353 '09 (best value) engine.
desotoracing is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 07:52 AM
  #4580  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 423
Default

Originally Posted by El Nitro
Novarossi 353 .12 Plus 2 Tuned

I cannot complete a 5 minute race with this engine (see my thread Run Out Of Fuel).

Im aiming for a maximum temp of 130C.

Whats the maximum you can run these engines (long term) without damaging. (140C, 150C????)

How do I get more runtime.

Cheers
I don't know what exhaust you are using but try a longer header

41616 or 41617 with 51615 pipe
desotoracing is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 04:00 AM
  #4581  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 572
Default How to get more Run time with Keep On .12 + Cap 2662

Hey guys,

got my new Keep On .12 with Cap 2662.
Duration is around 5:25

How can I extend a bit more the run time, don't mind if I loose a bit of punch.
Most important is the top speed.

Will also try play with raising the sleeve to alter the timing with 0.01 increments in order to get some more top speed, any type of feedback or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
speed6 is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 02:49 PM
  #4582  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
El Nitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Brisbane North, Australia
Posts: 919
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the replies.

I have ordered a 2660 pipe with 6 fin manifold. Unfortunately the shop I ordered it off refunded my money wth a paypal message saying 'Stock Missing'.

Looking for another shop to buy from.

I'm not sure what pipe I have at the moment. Maybe it is a 2630. Which I've read are thirsty.

Cheers
El Nitro is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 02:55 PM
  #4583  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (109)
 
LOW ET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: cleveland, ohio
Posts: 3,290
Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by El Nitro
Thanks for the replies.

I have ordered a 2660 pipe with 6 fin manifold. Unfortunately the shop I ordered it off refunded my money wth a paypal message saying 'Stock Missing'.

Looking for another shop to buy from.

I'm not sure what pipe I have at the moment. Maybe it is a 2630. Which I've read are thirsty.

Cheers
try here, http://www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.com/home.htm

sam has great customer service and can point you in the right direction.
LOW ET is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 04:10 AM
  #4584  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 82
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hi All,

Can keep on .12 engine cooling head be fixed into 353 09 engine? Will be the 353 09 engine overhead after fixing?

Thank you.
ongsc27 is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 04:10 AM
  #4585  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 82
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hi All,

Can keep on .12 engine cooling head be fixed into 353 09 engine? Will be the 353 09 engine overhead after fixing?

Thank you.
ongsc27 is offline  
Old 04-06-2013, 01:23 PM
  #4586  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (109)
 
LOW ET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: cleveland, ohio
Posts: 3,290
Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)
Default

so what's the difference between the virtus and keep on, just the offset carb?
LOW ET is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 02:28 AM
  #4587  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 314
Default Virtus 21

Hi there,

has anyone tried to fit a Virtus 21 to a Mugen MRX5?

Looks like the offset-carb could interfere with the fuel tank...
fulcrum2 is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 03:48 AM
  #4588  
occ
Tech Addict
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 576
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by fulcrum2
Hi there,

has anyone tried to fit a Virtus 21 to a Mugen MRX5?

Looks like the offset-carb could interfere with the fuel tank...
I have seen a Virtus in a MRX5 and it doesn't interfere with the tank. but only just, there isnt much room. You do need to turn the carby a bit so it clears.
occ is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 11:10 PM
  #4589  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 314
Default

Thank you Sir!
fulcrum2 is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 04:03 PM
  #4590  
afm
Tech Master
 
afm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: lima-peru
Posts: 1,811
Default

Originally Posted by ongsc27
Hi All,

Can keep on .12 engine cooling head be fixed into 353 09 engine? Will be the 353 09 engine overhead after fixing?

Thank you.
No it doesn´t fit.

afm
afm is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.