Novarossi engines thread

You're on Page 20 of 364
Go to
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by Nitropimp
    Wow I'm lost now Not that's something new But I thought NovaMega and NovaMax were Novarossi engines too. Are RB's Novarosssi too???

    You are right... Novarossi also build OEM motors and sell them to the respective 'Houses' (if you will) and the guys then do a little work on the motors and sell them as there own... I am not sure about RB though.

    Thank you Stefan for your help.
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by stefan
    1.) It's not the same spec than the Nova Rossi. It's made to Jim Hottinger's spec. (the guy who ran Paris Racing and now owns Fusion Motorsorts)

    2.) It's not cheaper, it's more expensive than the NR!

    3.) It's worth it!
    Exactly the same price and spec as the NSR on the Novarossi site. The tech at Novarossi says its the same engine!
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by ziggy12345
    Exactly the same price and spec as the NSR on the Novarossi site. The tech at Novarossi says its the same engine!
    It's not, trust me.
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by BaxterC
    Sweet, I cant wait to run my s3... I am sure it will scream. It is sooo tight, one cant turn it over, so I am sure I will struggle to get it going, I know I am going to have to warm it a lot to get it to turn over... It will be a challenge
    BaxterC just recieved my Novarossi NRS-RR12L3 and man its tight i had to use the hairdryer trick to get my starter to turn it over! Done the heat cycle for two tanks and still tight as hell! cant wait till this run-in is done the to see wht it can realy do!
  • S5 piston?
    Anyone know where to purchase an NS5 piston? Anyone got one for sale?
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
    BaxterC just recieved my Novarossi NRS-RR12L3 and man its tight i had to use the hairdryer trick to get my starter to turn it over! Done the heat cycle for two tanks and still tight as hell! cant wait till this run-in is done the to see wht it can realy do!
    I am sure... I too weant to get mine going, waiting for a pipe. I bought a heat gun for the motor so I dont stress the crank and the conrod too much.
  • Can I put a NSR 12s3 sleeve and piston in my nsr5port turbo in ordr to make it roar legal?
  • Yep.
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
    BaxterC just recieved my Novarossi NRS-RR12L3 and man its tight i had to use the hairdryer trick to get my starter to turn it over! Done the heat cycle for two tanks and still tight as hell! cant wait till this run-in is done the to see wht it can realy do!
    Ok the RR12L3 of just balistic of the line and is still quick up the straight!
  • Where can I get carb nut for my ns12s3 mova engine? It fell off and can't one to replace it.
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by Pit-racer
    Where can I get carb nut for my ns12s3 mova engine? It fell off and can't one to replace it.
    i just finished breaking in a nsr today. i noticed the bronze nut size has been changed from that stupid "middle of the road" size nut to a 7mm nut. what this means is that a normal wheel hex wrench can be used on the nut.

    HAVE YOU TRYED USING A 7MM NUT OR A WHEEL NUT AS A REPLACEMENT? it may look hack but it mught work.

    small question;

    how easy/quickly did the nsr owners break in their engine? i found mine to be broken in within the 5th tank! i idled it for 4 tanks, and drove it around for 1.
    the NSR is a cast piston as oposed to machined correct? pm the answers if possible i hardly check the engine thread.

    thanks
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
    i just finished breaking in a nsr today. i noticed the bronze nut size has been changed from that stupid "middle of the road" size nut to a 7mm nut. what this means is that a normal wheel hex wrench can be used on the nut.

    HAVE YOU TRYED USING A 7MM NUT OR A WHEEL NUT AS A REPLACEMENT? it may look hack but it mught work.

    small question;

    how easy/quickly did the nsr owners break in their engine? i found mine to be broken in within the 5th tank! i idled it for 4 tanks, and drove it around for 1.
    the NSR is a cast piston as oposed to machined correct? pm the answers if possible i hardly check the engine thread.

    thanks
    Yes. I tried that.
  • Pit-Racer!! You're screwed!!

    I had the same problem...but Mugen is now the US Importer for Nova Rossi, so I'd try with them...
    Quote:
    Where can I get carb nut for my ns12s3 mova engine? It fell off and can't one to replace it.
    You need Nova Rossi part no: 18601 or you might try Serpent part No.: MEG 2161..

    I finally got one from the kind folks at Serpent.
  • Hey, I just built up a nitro tc3 this weekend and I threw my novamega sx12 ms in it , that i bought last year (never been run). I cant get the motor to turn over.??? I toook ou the plug , tried to turnt he fly wheel with pliers, put some after run oil in the piston cylinder. Nothing seems to work the thing is too tight. Does anyone have any suggestions???????

    Greg

Similar Threads