R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 08-06-2004, 02:49 PM   #1111
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ImGoinRCn

Geoff, you have email and thanks for the fast response...My bearings will soon be on their way too.
X Factory R/C SCX-60CF
X Factory R/C X-6
ImGoinRCn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 06:16 AM   #1112
Nitro Tech

Default Re: direct email address

Quote:
Originally posted by righthandeg6
To everyone who is having problems getting in touch with us here at Project Zen here is my direct email address [email protected] please email me and I will get a responce to you right away.
Glad to see you here,my buddy.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 12:12 PM   #1113
Nitro Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
Dino, don't fret, when they are babies, they are precious, when they become teenagers, then just think how you was when you was a teen...lol...I have an 18 year old and a 12 year old, both are going on 30, in their eyes...lol, they know it all but in reality, they don't...lol, You'd be suprised how great you will feel when it arrives. You don't have to give up your hobby, just think of training a driver for your retirement Children are a blessing, not a burden...well, most of them...lol
I just watched a movie "Dennis The Menace"
Old 08-07-2004, 09:43 PM   #1114
Regional Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to ImGoinRCn

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
I just watched a movie "Dennis The Menace"
lol
X Factory R/C SCX-60CF
X Factory R/C X-6
ImGoinRCn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 03:03 AM   #1115
Tech Addict

Anyone. Know were i can get a Standard STS D3. All i can find is the D3R and they cost to much.

?????
Thunder racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 03:53 PM   #1116
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Thunder racer
Anyone. Know were i can get a Standard STS D3. All i can find is the D3R and they cost to much.

?????
PROJECTZEN SAME PRICE MODDED IS MORE
Old 08-10-2004, 03:00 PM   #1117
Tech Initiate

Default D3 piston sleeve

Just wanted to let you know that we have the regular d3 piston sleeve here at Project Zen as well. Currently in stock. Thanks
righthandeg6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 10:14 AM   #1118
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Re: Fast Response!

Quote:
Originally posted by revzalot
Geoff emailed me back today saying he'll send me new bearings to replace the faulty ones for my d3. I'll let you guys know when I get them. Go Project Zen!
faulty ones? like mine that leak? guess i'll try them again.
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 11:46 AM   #1119
Tech Fanatic

Still haven't received the bearings from Geoff. Any status?
Old 08-11-2004, 01:05 PM   #1120
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by revzalot
Still haven't received the bearings from Geoff. Any status?
They have a message board if you or any one else needs help
Old 08-15-2004, 10:11 AM   #1121
Tech Elite

Default D5R Low end punch

Hi Dino! I m having trouble tuning this engine. It seem that it has got no low end punch. Pls help! The situation is like this: Top speed is good and idle is good too, very stable. However when I punch the throttle out of corner especially into the straights the engine seems very slow picking up speed and gives out a lot of smoke ( sounds very rich sometime it bogs too ), then after half way down the straight it just rocketed as fast as the novas. I try to lean out the main needle but the temp is already very high ( today I temp it around 130-140C However it never showed signs of overheated ). I also lean out the low end but still the punch is not there. The only needle that I haven't touch is the middle one. 3 of us here who use D5R are having the same problem. I use 25 % Gammalube fuel and p6 os plug also runnimg 0.5 shims. Is this normal for D5R? Also the high temp that I mention earlier is that normal too? Normaly I tuned my Novas max is 120C.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:57 PM   #1122
Nitro Tech

Default Re: D5R Low end punch

Quote:
Originally posted by dameetz
Hi Dino! I m having trouble tuning this engine. It seem that it has got no low end punch. Pls help! The situation is like this: Top speed is good and idle is good too, very stable. However when I punch the throttle out of corner especially into the straights the engine seems very slow picking up speed and gives out a lot of smoke ( sounds very rich sometime it bogs too ), then after half way down the straight it just rocketed as fast as the novas. I try to lean out the main needle but the temp is already very high ( today I temp it around 130-140C However it never showed signs of overheated ). I also lean out the low end but still the punch is not there. The only needle that I haven't touch is the middle one. 3 of us here who use D5R are having the same problem. I use 25 % Gammalube fuel and p6 os plug also runnimg 0.5 shims. Is this normal for D5R? Also the high temp that I mention earlier is that normal too? Normaly I tuned my Novas max is 120C.
Dear Dameetz,

From your statement it shows the igniting timing too late. If I was you I will try to adjust shims' setting first. Take out 0.1mm shim to make it only 0.4mm totally,then readjust the carb. It will be good for low end acceleration. If it's still not enough to you,turn in 1/2T the mid-range needle also turn out 1/2T low-speed needle,or longer the back compression line.

When your engine has many low-speed punch,you will not lean it too much then the temp will be lower a bit. When the weather is very hot like over 35C here,the engine temp will be hot too. The new D5R is very strong so 130-140C still ok but you have to make sure there are smoke out of tail pipe always. When it still has smoke the temp will keep in normal range but when the smoke gone the engine temp will fly to very high. Sometime I will only use this as my adjusting principle when the weather is very hot(over 35c). Because if you rich it,you can't win.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:00 AM   #1123
Tech Adept

Another one dino.Engine D5R.After couple of minutes engine would misfire and soon stalls.Fuel 25%.Plug hot.Shims still stock.
Zizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 08:59 PM   #1124
Nitro Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Zizu
Another one dino.Engine D5R.After couple of minutes engine would misfire and soon stalls.Fuel 25%.Plug hot.Shims still stock.
Any other sign? How about the engine temp? Before it misfire is it still have smoke exhaust?
Old 08-17-2004, 12:11 AM   #1125
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to noobatron
Default Getting better

Hi,

Finally today, i got my D5 to run like i expected! It took me awhile to tune with leaking carb and front bearing but today's the day! Resealed carb and all needle housings and it ran much better. I even moded the timing and exhaust port duration which excellent results!
Before today i was a little dishearted about the performance and thought that it was all hype but i'm starting to become a believer.
Thanx Dino for all the help! It's really getting there, and if this goes well, i may even consider getting teh D5R
noobatron is offline   Reply With Quote