R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 08-05-2004, 04:07 PM   #1081
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by wangcc61
I'm a happy STS engine customer. My opinion might not be fair to ZOOM, but If I were you, I would contact Geoff and ask him for a replacement. He definitely will be glad to help you out. There's no other R/C engine company like STS can do this kind of service. Besides, Geoff at ProjectZen is a very nice guy. He can provide immediately help or advice by giving him a phone call. Dino is more like a mentor here to share his experience. Anyway, this thread is to help the STS customers to solve any problem and also to help STS to collect customers' feedback in order to improve their products.

Chill guys. Bring your R/C car to the track and have some fun. After you come home, logon here and share your experience to all the STS customers.

Peace out.
Here Here I'll drink to that
Old 08-05-2004, 04:28 PM   #1082
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ImGoinRCn

Quote:
Originally posted by 20 SMOKE
I'm sure your going to have to call eather place to purchase I would call Projectzen and then call CRC to get it
Thanks, Smoke, I'll call them.
X Factory R/C SCX-60CF
X Factory R/C X-6
ImGoinRCn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 06:47 PM   #1083
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i have called and emailed projectzen, but they are absolutely THE WORST at returning email and phone calls. all i need is a dang front bearing. i have a big garage, need a new distributer dino?
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 07:22 PM   #1084
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by tallyrc
i have called and emailed projectzen, but they are absolutely THE WORST at returning email and phone calls. all i need is a dang front bearing. i have a big garage, need a new distributer dino?

Do you have a call centre and a data centre in you garage too??
GUNPOWDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 07:47 PM   #1085
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ImGoinRCn

I don't really like dealing with Calandra but I guess I have no choice...bad customer service means buying a different name brand product in the future. I was going to invest into some engines, was very pleased with my RS3, and was looking at the Dragon but if I have a hard time getting parts, I'll go somewhere else. Thanks for the help, guys.
X Factory R/C SCX-60CF
X Factory R/C X-6
ImGoinRCn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 07:49 PM   #1086
Tech Regular

Quote:
They may just be busy, b/c they were prompt and very helpful with me, best cs ive EVER had
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 07:59 PM   #1087
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

callcenter and datacenter, no, but i'm not sure they have one at project zen either.. it has been several weeks now, how busy are they?
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 08:05 PM   #1088
Tech Regular

If its been this long, just call them 3-4 times during the day, you'll get through Sorry to hear the inconvenience
Old 08-05-2004, 08:39 PM   #1089
Tech Regular

Hey, I have a sts rs3 that i am running in my g4 and after taking the engine out to clean for regular maintenance, it has not started up since. I have checked everything i thought possible, and it still doesn't start. I have

1) Checked polarity on starter box, running right way

2) Taken apart engine twice to see if any problems

3) Put fuel directly into engine through glow hole to see if there is a problem with the carb

4) Looked for blockages in tuned pipe

5) Checked to make sure flywheel is on snugly

All of these i have checked, + some other things, and my engine will not start. It almost seems like it has too much compression, but my shims are in the right place and everything is fine. Whenever i try to start it on my x5 box, it will sometimes turn over once, and then the starter box motor will spin the flywheel, but no ignition occurs. I have had great success with nitro problems, but this has me stumped Thanks for the help, i appreciate it

bballer
Old 08-05-2004, 09:47 PM   #1090
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by bballer

3) Put fuel directly into engine through glow hole to see if there is a problem with the carb

bballer
Is there a problem with starter box turning the flywheel or is it more of a ignition problem?

I few more points I can think of to check:

* Glow Plug and Glow Plug Battery.
* Clutch Nut, is it tight?
GUNPOWDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 11:24 PM   #1091
Nitro Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by bballer
Hey, I have a sts rs3 that i am running in my g4 and after taking the engine out to clean for regular maintenance, it has not started up since. I have checked everything i thought possible, and it still doesn't start. I have

All of these i have checked, + some other things, and my engine will not start. It almost seems like it has too much compression, but my shims are in the right place and everything is fine. Whenever i try to start it on my x5 box, it will sometimes turn over once, and then the starter box motor will spin the flywheel, but no ignition occurs. I have had great success with nitro problems, but this has me stumped Thanks for the help, i appreciate it

bballer
The G4's flywheel is a bit too small because they want lowest engine C.G. Take out the glow plug and make sure you can turn the flywheel easy by your hands.(make sure the piston and rear plate are assembled right direction.) Lubricating your piston through glow hole. Put your car on that X5 starter box and let starter box to turn the flywheel. You will see some fuel sprayed out from glow hole. Then install the glow plug and retry your starting process. Remember to run-in your engine for a while because you have reassembled it.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 11:37 PM   #1092
Nitro Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Z00M
I'm not sure why you are taking offense Dino. While I may not be being terribly respectful in your eyes, it is only through frustration, not because I am selling some other engine or whatever. I don't sell any engines at this time. I am in fact a customer.

My frustration also comes from your lack of help in regard to this. If you wanted to speak privately I would have been happy to do so. But to just say 'tough luck it's manufacturing tolerance' is not telling anyone how you are trying to improve the product.

I have had to turn to another motor tuner to try and get some answers on how to best resolve the issue of my motor having a 3.75 degrees difference in port open/close due to .2mm 'manufacturing tolerance'.

I would like to work with you in making the product better but when you offer no advice, there isn't much I can do.

Customer service is what keeps people interrested in a product as much as performance does.
Sorry for my impoliteness. I'm a little nervous now because after few weeks I will have my first baby. Huge pressure make me sick and a little manic-depressive psychosis. Till now I still think why I need a baby? The little devil will not allow me to play R/C anymore

Send your engine to me. I will inspect it carefully for you personally.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:46 PM   #1093
Nitro Tech

Quote:
callcenter and datacenter, no, but i'm not sure they have one at project zen either.. it has been several weeks now, how busy are they?
Sorry to hear the inconvenience. Their mail box had some problem recently. I thought they have repaired it already. And you knew there were several big races in LA recently. They were busy at racetracks. Call them again please.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:50 PM   #1094
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
Till now I still think why I need a baby? The little devil will not allow me to play R/C anymore
Dino, You forget? do I have to remind you? That little baby will help you, just like mine does...

Though I still can't find that CVD I gave her to play with (umm I mean look after for me) its in the back yard somewhere...
au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 11:56 PM   #1095
Nitro Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by au_Nightmare
Dino, You forget? do I have to remind you? That little baby will help you, just like mine does...

Though I still can't find that CVD I gave her to play with (umm I mean look after for me) its in the back yard somewhere...
Don't...Don't...Don't lie to me...I knew the little devil will destroy everything. All they can do everyday is crying and make shit