Wiki Posts
Search

STS engines

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 05:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by x_man
I don't think Jfc_tech here anymore after you gave the settings Well it's about 25~30deg C
Im here allright. Just finished run-in the new P/S...its a bit too rich on the Low end...it would NOT start the car. it started but with the glow starter on the plug...even after i let it sit there for 20secs...immediately i take it out..it stop the engine. So i close 1 turn in..it started perfectly. after a while i open it again...just to make there's some oil coming out of the tail pipe and lots of smoke. tempe kept at 80deg Cel.

Now im running on track at 50% to 80% throttle open. Put after-run oil after done for the day...eventhough im using 16% ModelTechnic nitro it still can overshoot the other Nova...pickup is really fantastic...but i have to be patient...3 more days to race...i have enough time. Thanks Corse-R & Dino.tw for the help.

STS ROCKS!!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2003, 06:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by jfc_tech
Im here allright. Just finished run-in the new P/S...its a bit too rich on the Low end...it would NOT start the car. it started but with the glow starter on the plug...even after i let it sit there for 20secs...immediately i take it out..it stop the engine. So i close 1 turn in..it started perfectly. after a while i open it again...just to make there's some oil coming out of the tail pipe and lots of smoke. tempe kept at 80deg Cel.

Now im running on track at 50% to 80% throttle open. Put after-run oil after done for the day...eventhough im using 16% ModelTechnic nitro it still can overshoot the other Nova...pickup is really fantastic...but i have to be patient...3 more days to race...i have enough time. Thanks Corse-R & Dino.tw for the help.

STS ROCKS!!!!!!!
WOW i hope my STS D5 gose that good. Im planning to run it in 2mora. i hope its a good engin.

Cheers
Old 12-23-2003, 06:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Thunder racer
WOW i hope my STS D5 gose that good. Im planning to run it in 2mora. i hope its a good engin.

Cheers
The D5?? this engine even better...one of my friend using it and smoke everyone else out there...talking about pure speed...i would go for this engine...if only they selling it here My friend got it illegally shipped in
Old 12-23-2003, 06:57 PM
Nitro Tech

Default Re: Dino,

Originally posted by stefan
I got a question for you.

What advantage does it have to open the induction port on an engine at 26 degrees instead of the usual 32-35 degrees.

I just measured an engine where the whole induction cycle happens approx. 10 degrees earlier than on NR based engines.

Does this shift the powerband in a certain direction?

Thx
This question is a bit too technical for me . I will relay your questions to our engineer to take care of it.

Merry X'mas & Happy New Year
Old 12-23-2003, 07:04 PM
Nitro Tech

The D5?? My friend got it illegally shipped in
you're lucky...Tonight is silent night,I will not do anything to you...
Old 12-23-2003, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dino.tw
you're lucky...Tonight is silent night,I will not do anything to you...
OOOOOoooppppsss i should keep my mouth shut

Merry X'mas dino...
Old 12-23-2003, 07:17 PM
Nitro Tech

OOOOOoooppppsss i should keep my mouth shut

Merry X'mas dino...
Hahaha....I'm only joking....Merry X'mas & Happy New Year to you!
Old 12-23-2003, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dino.tw
Hahaha....I'm only joking....Merry X'mas & Happy New Year to you!
Yea Happy new year too
So where in the world is this Beautiful Formosa..we have one in Melaka, West Malasyia. Its the leftover from the the Portuguese Settlement after the war. yes it was beautiful.
Old 12-23-2003, 07:29 PM
Tech Champion

Yea Happy new year too
So where in the world is this Beautiful Formosa..we have one in Melaka, West Malasyia. Its the leftover from the the Portuguese Settlement after the war. yes it was beautiful.
formosa = taiwan !!!
Old 12-26-2003, 01:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello I am called Oscar to excuse my badly to write, I am of Spain and I am going away to mount a STS in my NTC3, and have a doubt, habeis had to make some thing to mount the STS? Or single habeis had to change to the change of the motor of series to the STS and the same large stone bench)

Thanks.
Old 12-27-2003, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by lagunero
Hello I am called Oscar to excuse my badly to write, I am of Spain and I am going away to mount a STS in my NTC3, and have a doubt, habeis had to make some thing to mount the STS? Or single habeis had to change to the change of the motor of series to the STS and the same large stone bench)
Lagunero:

To change the stock engine for an STS, you only need to disassemble the clutch assembly from the stock engine (and of course, removing it from the chassis pan) and assemble into the new engine. You will not face any kind of problem doing this kind of operation, unless you ruin something in the process.

When in doubt, just ask, is better to wait than ruining something expensive.

BTW: Habeis and had is the same verb, just in English and Spanish.... what are you trying to say?
Old 12-27-2003, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Corse-R
Lagunero:

To change the stock engine for an STS, you only need to disassemble the clutch assembly from the stock engine (and of course, removing it from the chassis pan) and assemble into the new engine. You will not face any kind of problem doing this kind of operation, unless you ruin something in the process.

When in doubt, just ask, is better to wait than ruining something expensive.

BTW: Habeis and had is the same verb, just in English and Spanish.... what are you trying to say?
Alfonso,

be nice and help you fellow Spaniard by asking him in Spanish, since he obviously has trouble to say what he means

Have you had any luck with your ticket to Miami yet?
Old 12-27-2003, 06:40 AM
Tech Rookie

And already requested the motor, I believe that in 7 days tendre aqui, the one of embrage the sure tapeworm tapeworm fear by the large stone bench of the motor, the e requested to RC-mushroom since aqui the 300 to me motor costs dolares single the motor and by 180 to me Internet dolares costs the motor and escapes.
Another thing, helps me when it expresses to me bad? And asi to be able to improve my speech and power to understand to us better if it does not matter to you, thanks.
Old 12-28-2003, 09:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey all I plan to get a D3 soon, I was wondering have anyone seen a modded D3, run??? also is the RS3 head compatiable w/ the new D3?

thanks Jason
Old 12-29-2003, 01:16 AM
Tech Regular

I Think Large stone bench would mean taking the Grinder to the Motor or motor mounts!!!!!! Es No Bueno! Motor will fit good as long as you change motor for motor (same crankshaft).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.