R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 03-06-2004, 01:37 PM   #436
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
D5R is custom made by Project Zen.If you saw a "Z" logo that is "Project Zen Team Motors".If you are interested in it,contact [email protected] or www.projectzen.net.
Hey Dino,

HOw come the engine is Limited Edition? Project Zen does not want to mod soo many engines?
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 02:45 PM   #437
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Trubble Tuning

I'm finally getting a chance to run my car after tuning the car has good bottom end, pinch is good run a few laps temp it and after about 3/4 of a tank motor runs bad and temp extremly high. my low end needle is easier to turn then high end meaning tighter than bottom the o ring is good is there a way to stop this that is the only thing i can come up with the bottem end is adjusting while driving
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 09:01 PM   #438
Nitro Tech

Default Re: Trubble Tuning

Quote:
Originally posted by 20 SMOKE
I'm finally getting a chance to run my car after tuning the car has good bottom end, pinch is good run a few laps temp it and after about 3/4 of a tank motor runs bad and temp extremly high. my low end needle is easier to turn then high end meaning tighter than bottom the o ring is good is there a way to stop this that is the only thing i can come up with the bottem end is adjusting while driving
Hi SMOKE,

Take out the glow plug and turn the flywheel by hand, let the piston pass the top dead center in the sleeve. If you feel some significant friction that means your engine have not passed the break-in process. The friction brings heat. If so,your conrod may worn hard.

You can record the position of LSN,and make sure that if it turns itself.

Regards,
Dino
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 09:08 PM   #439
Nitro Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by B
Hey Dino,

HOw come the engine is Limited Edition? Project Zen does not want to mod soo many engines?
Old 03-07-2004, 06:31 AM   #440
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Thanks Dino the c/r is new just put new one in before run i'll check the exhaust for shaving. when i rotated the fly wheel from new the p/s at tds has a free spot i did notice that a little bit this weekend i'll try breakin run again to see if any better.
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 04:04 PM   #441
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to TambokGT

no news yet on the .21 off road engine?
TambokGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:43 PM   #442
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Trubble Tuning

Quote:
Hi SMOKE,

Take out the glow plug and turn the flywheel by hand, let the piston pass the top dead center in the sleeve. If you feel some significant friction that means your engine have not passed the break-in process. The friction brings heat. If so,your conrod may worn hard.

You can record the position of LSN,and make sure that if it turns itself.

Regards,
Dino
Hi Dino,

Can the manufracture make the piston and sleeve fit for operation so that we do not require to run in an engine? As you know, running in an engine is very time consuming. On the other hand, can we rub the piston and sleeve with some rubbing compound to make them more fit so to ignore the running in process ?
utopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 08:55 AM   #443
Nitro Tech

Default Re: Re: Re: Trubble Tuning

Quote:
Originally posted by utopian
Hi Dino,

Can the manufracture make the piston and sleeve fit for operation so that we do not require to run in an engine? As you know, running in an engine is very time consuming. On the other hand, can we rub the piston and sleeve with some rubbing compound to make them more fit so to ignore the running in process ?
Hi utopian,

Yes,we will start to let the piston and sleeve a little more fit. If your P/S set is too tight and you don't want to spend many time to break it in,there is a old way that I have told long time ago here.

Clean your piston and sleeve with dishwashing liquid(detergent). Then use some dentifrice(tooth powder) with water between the piston and sleeve. Polish the piston and sleeve slowly and rotate the piston while you pushing the piston in and out the sleeve. This will ensure perfect roundness of the piston and sleeve bedding in.But don't over do it,you will lose compression. To ensure you don't over do it, use the old combustion chamber to fit on the sleeve without head shim. But you still have to control the process time. Why I choice dentifrice(tooth powder),because it's easy to be cleaned up with water also slower and more safe. Other abrasive is hard to clean fully and you may over do it..

When you finish the process,clean the piston and sleeve with dishwashing liquid(detergent) and toothbrush fully. Then use hair dryer to remove the water. Well,you can put them into your engine and follow the original break-in method.You will find that you don't need so many time to break-in a engine.

Don't use sandpaper to polish your piston,the piston may lose its roundness.

Regards,
Dino
Old 03-09-2004, 09:01 AM   #444
Nitro Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by TambokGT
no news yet on the .21 off road engine?
I will start to test the final sample next week. Need to clean my buggy later....There are too many dirt stick on it....

BTW,It's 5port.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:06 AM   #445
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by EVOLUTION
Don't feel to lonely though, otherwise you will end up like Data.
[email protected]#$%@#$^$^#$%
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 03:23 PM   #446
Tech Master

Too much dirt Sounds like my buggy Dino. This .21 STS will be nice!!

I am currently running a Ho-bao Hyper 8 port but when that engine dies I will sure be looking up an STS .21 (depending on specs and price of course )

When you can (engine is final stage etc), can you please post specs of the engine

Quote:
I will start to test the final sample next week. Need to clean my buggy later....There are too many dirt stick on it....

BTW,It's 5port.

Last edited by au_Nightmare; 03-09-2004 at 03:31 PM.
au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 03:32 PM   #447
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to TambokGT

Quote:

BTW,It's 5port.
....that is sooooo coooolll..........is it long stroke?
TambokGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 06:59 PM   #448
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Trubble Tuning

Quote:
Hi utopian,

Yes,we will start to let the piston and sleeve a little more fit. If your P/S set is too tight and you don't want to spend many time to break it in,there is a old way that I have told long time ago here.

Clean your piston and sleeve with dishwashing liquid(detergent). Then use some dentifrice(tooth powder) with water between the piston and sleeve. Polish the piston and sleeve slowly and rotate the piston while you pushing the piston in and out the sleeve. This will ensure perfect roundness of the piston and sleeve bedding in.But don't over do it,you will lose compression. To ensure you don't over do it, use the old combustion chamber to fit on the sleeve without head shim. But you still have to control the process time. Why I choice dentifrice(tooth powder),because it's easy to be cleaned up with water also slower and more safe. Other abrasive is hard to clean fully and you may over do it..

When you finish the process,clean the piston and sleeve with dishwashing liquid(detergent) and toothbrush fully. Then use hair dryer to remove the water. Well,you can put them into your engine and follow the original break-in method.You will find that you don't need so many time to break-in a engine.

Don't use sandpaper to polish your piston,the piston may lose its roundness.

Regards,
Dino
Hi Dino,

Thanks a lot
Old 03-09-2004, 09:50 PM   #449
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

OK, I get the idea of using tooth paste as a polish, but exactly how you're saying to do it escapes me. Do I rub the paste on the piston and sleve seperately with a cloth, or put some paste between the two and move them up and down, rotating the piston as I simulate the stroke of the engine (and I know that didn't sound right...)?
Old 03-10-2004, 03:16 AM   #450
Tech Initiate

I did that on my new Nova Rossi 21 engine by using polishing paste for brass polishing. I put some paste on a cloth and hold the cloth with thumb and index finger, rotate the piston in the cloth with a little pressure applied by the two fingers. After five minutes, the surface of piston shines. I then polish the sleeve with the polishing paste but by using a Dramel. I attach a small soft polishing head on the dramel and carefully polish the area below the top end and rotate the head slowly inside the sleeve for about half a minute. I clean the whole stuff with WD-40 and re assembling the Rx-21 engine and bolt it on my Serpent and start the engine. It fires and 1 tank is enough for the running in process. It runs very fast as the ordinary process but I doubt the life will comparatively short. So I feel the manufacturer could make the piston and sleeve more fit to avoid the environmental unfriendly running in procedure.