STS engines

Old 05-10-2006, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

I believe you guys on this subject, but I had two back out. The first one was a novarossi ultra and the second was an RB 07. But, no more worries for me. I just use a little paste thread lock from AutoZone.

Nightmare, I noticed your signiture had HN CD3 listed with the d3r......how are you doing with the shaft drive car these days? I made a switch from the ntc3 to the mtx4. Don't think that I will go back to shaft drive and ball diffs anytime soon.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sook
I believe you guys on this subject, but I had two back out. The first one was a novarossi ultra and the second was an RB 07. But, no more worries for me. I just use a little paste thread lock from AutoZone.
maybe I'm just cautious, but I'd be worried about getting some in the engine.....
Old 05-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by onnetz
evidently you can add odonnel plugs to the list as well because thats
what I am using........
I am using Odonnell here also - without a problem

Nightmare, I noticed your signiture had HN CD3 listed with the d3r......how are you doing with the shaft drive car these days? I made a switch from the ntc3 to the mtx4. Don't think that I will go back to shaft drive and ball diffs anytime soon.
Sook - Yeah I'm going ok I've broke a good setup but Ill get there.
(ball diffs and imperial screws/bearings turned me away from buying a NTC3 may years ago)
Old 05-10-2006, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

no worries. I don't worry much about it getting into the engine because it is a paste and not the droplet type of thread lock. I put it on the threads and that is where it stays.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by au_Nightmare
I am using Odonnell here also - without a problem
I guess I just need to get out my torque wrench...
Old 05-10-2006, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

no worries. I don't worry much about it getting into the engine because it is a paste and not the droplet type of thread lock. I put it on the threads and that is where it stays.
should be alright then as long as it doesnt leave any on the button threads after removing the plug....

just seems like it would harden and then crumble after removing the plug....
like I said.. I'm pretty anal about my engine.....
Old 05-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

my engine was leaking either at the bearing or carb, I couldnt tell so after taking it apart I find the putty in the crank jumping around and plugging up fuel flow..
Old 05-13-2006, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

onnetz , sent you a pm. Ill get that motor fixed for you
Old 05-13-2006, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
onnetz , sent you a pm. Ill get that motor fixed for you
thanks.. I feel pretty confident in redoing the epoxy in the crank..

I was more or less just voicing my experiences with the engine....
and for those that don't know, evidently wd-40 and the epoxy dont mix very well... it causes it to come loose....
Old 05-13-2006, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

WD40? Water Displacement #40 - you had water in your engine? now that is rough...

If you where using it as a "after run" you would be way better going getting some automatic transmission fluid (/power steering fluid) or in the hobby shops better known as "after run oil" just more $$$
Old 05-13-2006, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

WD40? Water Displacement #40 - you had water in your engine? now that is rough...

If you where using it as a "after run" you would be way better going getting some automatic transmission fluid (/power steering fluid) or in the hobby shops better known as "after run oil" just more $$$
whatever... I've used wd-40 as afterun oil for a couple years now and never had a problem with it....
Old 05-13-2006, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well guys,

Just ended mounting my Jammin FTE with the .21 T STS Engine ...

Next week i will do the break inn

hope enjoy the pics,
Old 05-13-2006, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Hmm Strange the STS epoxy had problems then and the other engines didn't - or was there no epoxy in the other engines Or maybe it was not the WD40?

Since I aim racing every 2 weeks I'm not putting anything in ATM. Just too slack/lazy But when I do its ATF fluid.

Originally Posted by onnetz
whatever... I've used wd-40 as afterun oil for a couple years now and never had a problem with it....
Old 05-14-2006, 12:35 AM
Tech Master

Hmm Strange the STS epoxy had problems then and the other engines didn't - or was there no epoxy in the other engines Or maybe it was not the WD40?

Since I aim racing every 2 weeks I'm not putting anything in ATM. Just too slack/lazy But when I do its ATF fluid.
no epoxy in the other engines.......
Old 05-14-2006, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ever since I switched to wildcat fuel I dont either. LOL...kinda same reasons lazy and I trust this fuel.

I do make sure to run it dry though , after it shuts down on the track. Take it back to the starter box , apply the glow-start and restart it for however long it takes to finally stop combustion.

This ensures minimal fuel residuals and keeps the need for after-run to a minimum. Im kinda just testing to see what goes on , so far it seems good. I run monthly to bi monthly dependant on if I do a quick mid month tune and clutch check in my front driveway. Then I normally run the rest of the fuel through it on the box.

Last edited by Artificial-I; 05-14-2006 at 11:50 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.