R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 01-07-2004, 08:47 PM   #61
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to redsand

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
Team Serpent in Europe are using a new fuel. Cant remember the name of hand but it is around $100 per gallon. It really does seem to be really good stuff. Uses dome weird chemicals for coolant purposes.

I think it is mentioned on the mytsn site somewhere.
It is so ironic when Pieter was talking about the cost controlled racing in the supposedly dying 1/8th onroad class due to higher cost of engines these days. Now they're using $100 a gallon fuel ?
redsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 08:25 AM   #62
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
Team Serpent in Europe are using a new fuel. Cant remember the name of hand but it is around $100 per gallon. It really does seem to be really good stuff. Uses dome weird chemicals for coolant purposes.

I think it is mentioned on the mytsn site somewhere.
hmmm, interesting!!!
-Nitrohead- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 06:15 PM   #63
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to uDi_MP7.5

Last edited by uDi_MP7.5; 04-26-2012 at 07:29 AM.
uDi_MP7.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 05:12 AM   #64
Tech Rookie

yeah i heard of it!
at least in holland they use cool power for rc helicopters.... i never saw it on a race track.
-Nitrohead- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 11:29 PM   #65
Tech Initiate

anyone know anything about this oil?

http://www.alpha-sports.com/Blendzall/Blendzall.htm
niffken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 01:10 AM   #66
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by uDi_MP7.5
Has anyone ever heard of cool power synthetic oil?

fuel here locally costs a LOT, but i've found one shop that will blend fuel to customer requirements - and I like the idea, because the normal lhs fuel is pretty inconsistant from bottle to bottle, costs a lot, and goes off if left for a while because I think there is quite a long time between when it is blended and when it is sold.

the place that custom blends, they do sell klotz synthetic, but they won't blend with it for some reason, only this 'coolpower' stuff, so i'm wondering if anyone has heard of or used it, and if its any good?

thanks.
bit harder to get the good stuff for the right prices here in bris/aus.
If you want decent fuel in Brisbane mixed to whatever specs you want with Klotz, Castor and only the freshest nitro used then give John Hamon a ring on 07-3265-4770 Brisbane Model Cars / Trackside RC.

Cheers Alastair
quozl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 03:45 AM   #67
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to uDi_MP7.5

Last edited by uDi_MP7.5; 04-26-2012 at 07:39 AM.
uDi_MP7.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 03:59 AM   #68
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by uDi_MP7.5
Sounds great, whereabouts do I have to go though to pick the stuff up? Where is bris model cars located.

thanks man
Just give John a ring on 3264-4770.

He will mix up what you want and you can make arrangements with him to pick it up. He lives in Eatons Hill on the North side up the road from Brendale.

Cheers Alastair
quozl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 06:26 AM   #69
Tech Master

coolpower fuels are great. That is all I ever use. I have tried other fuels but they aren't any better and cost usually a lot more.

There are guys are our club that have being useing glow engines for 45 years and they use to do pylon racing were everything is about fuel.
They all recomend morgan/coolpower fuel and oils. I have tried trinity fuel and found NO PERFORMANCE gain at all there was the same amount of total lubricant 12% and 25% nitro there was no difference in tempreature. 4lt coolpower is about 50 bucks the trinity was about 65 bucks.

I run a v one s with the kit pull start GS15R with the right fuel it runs awsome. I would only lose about a 50 cm up the straight to the mod guys running jp s3 etc. If anything my new piston and liner has more torque than the old one so I might lose less again.

Fuel isn't everything without tunning. Tune the engine right everytime before you start to worry about fuel mixes

POD

PS Does anybody know about fuel additives to get more horsepower. I know of one that is very dangerous and gives the impression of less nitro in the fuel. are there any others that you know about. I know someone that has a secret chemical that he wont tell anyone. It took him 35 years to find and with only 1% the difference is huge. If anybody knows of any please let me know
frozenpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 07:46 AM   #70
Tech Fanatic

Hi there, I found something once about 3 years ago, but never used it, it has a really weird name with numbers and all, I searched using google for nitro fuels or nitro fuel additives and found something. Not easy to find. Does anyone know anything about Sidewinder fuels? I have 4litres at home waiting to be used, but my motor does not have a pipe yet, so I cant run it in yet, but I would love to know, it seems to be the only good quality fuel in the country, I was going to bring Tornado fuels i, but I cant store it anywhere, I would need to store ~1-2 tons at a time. How low in the mix could one go if they had sidewinder oil in a barrel, I would like to go to 6% oil, and 16% nitro, the rest will be the all important methonol. I would also not like to wear the motor much more than it would with 12% oil.
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 02:14 PM   #71
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by BaxterC
Hi there, I found something once about 3 years ago, but never used it, it has a really weird name with numbers and all, I searched using google for nitro fuels or nitro fuel additives and found something. Not easy to find. Does anyone know anything about Sidewinder fuels? I have 4litres at home waiting to be used, but my motor does not have a pipe yet, so I cant run it in yet, but I would love to know, it seems to be the only good quality fuel in the country, I was going to bring Tornado fuels i, but I cant store it anywhere, I would need to store ~1-2 tons at a time. How low in the mix could one go if they had sidewinder oil in a barrel, I would like to go to 6% oil, and 16% nitro, the rest will be the all important methonol. I would also not like to wear the motor much more than it would with 12% oil.
Uhm.... preferred to not talk about this but... anyway!.

Before reading: This is my sole opinion, use it at your own risk. If anyone uses it, could be detected and (of course) DQ'ed. Some of those products could harm you or harm your engines.

Talking about 'Nitro Additives' you better can check into pages relating Top Fuel dragsters. You may find some fine info regarding fuels and fuel additives, but to spare you of the search there are various who can interest on your quest of more 'Zoom' or 'Bang!':

Hydrazyne: In fact, is the main fuel of the Space Shuttle SRB's. VERY CAREFUL! if you get into contact with Hydrazine is a well know carcinogen and is very dangerous to handle. Probably will be tough to find and get it.

Toluene/Xylene/Benzene...

You got some info, now you need to do some research and find into the internet... there's lots of pages who discuss about those products into the fuels.

Got a sneaky idea from a chemist friend of mine that gave me the input of adding small percentages (up to 2%) of Oxigenated Water into the straight fuel we use. Need to try it, but the addition of the Oxygen and the cracking of molecules giving Hidrogen into the combustion chamber sounds interesting. WARNING!!! NOT TESTED YET! Use at your risk!. Very possible risks of getting rust into your engine. Wash well if you try this!.

Regarding oils on your mix, you can safely go up to an 8% of oil (did it and used it). Used 6% of Castor oil and 2% of Synthetic oil. This has been covered in this thread in the past.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:08 AM   #72
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Uhm.... preferred to not talk about this but... anyway!.

Before reading: This is my sole opinion, use it at your own risk. If anyone uses it, could be detected and (of course) DQ'ed. Some of those products could harm you or harm your engines.

Talking about 'Nitro Additives' you better can check into pages relating Top Fuel dragsters. You may find some fine info regarding fuels and fuel additives, but to spare you of the search there are various who can interest on your quest of more 'Zoom' or 'Bang!':

Hydrazyne: In fact, is the main fuel of the Space Shuttle SRB's. VERY CAREFUL! if you get into contact with Hydrazine is a well know carcinogen and is very dangerous to handle. Probably will be tough to find and get it.

Toluene/Xylene/Benzene...

You got some info, now you need to do some research and find into the internet... there's lots of pages who discuss about those products into the fuels.

Got a sneaky idea from a chemist friend of mine that gave me the input of adding small percentages (up to 2%) of Oxigenated Water into the straight fuel we use. Need to try it, but the addition of the Oxygen and the cracking of molecules giving Hidrogen into the combustion chamber sounds interesting. WARNING!!! NOT TESTED YET! Use at your risk!. Very possible risks of getting rust into your engine. Wash well if you try this!.

Regarding oils on your mix, you can safely go up to an 8% of oil (did it and used it). Used 6% of Castor oil and 2% of Synthetic oil. This has been covered in this thread in the past.
Come on, Liven up...
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 03:49 PM   #73
Tech Regular

Hello guys,

I have a hobby shop in Australia and mix fuel for customers. I buy Klotz castor and KL200 , Coolpower and Angus Nitro.

Lately I have noticed some changes in some of these products.

Firstly the Coolpower oil seems to be a different colour from batch to batch . Sometimes after mixing it (20% for aircraft use) it is a nice blue and other times it is very pale..supplier says it is normal???

Next the nitro... it smells and looks different. It used to be yellowish and not be overly smelly, but now it is almost clear and smells strongly , almost like chlorine. This co-incided with a dramatic decrease in price.

Lastly when I mix model car fuel (5% castor, 10% KL200 and 15% nitro ) it starts out as a nice red colour but within a week or so starts to fade and go a bit yellowish.(This is in an air conditioned shop) This has never happened to me in the 6-7 years I have been using these products.

Does anyone have any ideas ???
Qlder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 05:46 PM   #74
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

About the color, my guess is that the tints they use don't stand up to the nitro over time.

I use Klotz as well (Benol and Techniplate) but my color doesn't change.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 07:40 PM   #75
Tech Rookie

Guys - try using about 5% proplene oxide in the fuel mix
llenco is offline   Reply With Quote