R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-05-2009, 01:35 PM   #76
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,161
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Just a bit more info on the 1st CL-12 ET with 2 1/2 gallons thru it & it's still running strong & very good pinch
Testing will be done with the new XXX sleeve this upcoming weekend
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:47 PM   #77
Tech Addict
 
MHarrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: FL.
Posts: 629
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

As George Said.
I ran the Motor again this weekend , I had a chance to Try a 2630 Nova Pipe , With a 5 fin Conical Header. The motor really liked this pipe. Even more then the RB 2604 I tested a few weeks ago. I still made 5 mins in the Qualifiers ,,With a few cc's to spare. Unfortunaly I lost 2nd gear in the main..( Lack of prep on my behalf ). But the motor was Very competitive with some of the Novas & Max Powers in the Start of the main.
MHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:03 PM   #78
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,161
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Mark it was a solid run until the gear went
did ya feel a gain on the bottom with the 2630 it sure looked like it did on the straight
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:54 AM   #79
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Hi Guys,

I got one of those motors on the way thanks to Uriah!

So what I have read (and what you guys have tested), is the Novarossi 2630 the better overall pipe? How does it compare with the Sirio 2611 pipe on bottom end?

Which 2611 pipe was compared? The controversial worlds version or the standard 2611 pipe?

Also, do you guys stick with the Sirio plugs or prefer another brand?

Thanks

Michael.
__________________
Shepherd RC | Brilliant RC | Ielasi Tuned Novarossi | Xtreme Aerodynamics | Matrix |

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #80
Tech Addict
 
MHarrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: FL.
Posts: 629
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarossi View Post
Hi Guys,

I got one of those motors on the way thanks to Uriah!

So what I have read (and what you guys have tested), is the Novarossi 2630 the better overall pipe? How does it compare with the Sirio 2611 pipe on bottom end?

Which 2611 pipe was compared? The controversial worlds version or the standard 2611 pipe?

Also, do you guys stick with the Sirio plugs or prefer another brand?

Thanks

Michael.
Nova,
Comparing the RB 2604 & the Nova 2630 ,. I'd have to say the 2630 has been the better overall pipe.Not working on the car setup,, just doing motor & clutch work. it was on average .1-.2 of a sec. faster with the 2630.
Now keep in mid this was a different day of testing then the 2604... But the grip was LESS this past weekend while testing the 2630. The 2630 seemed to pull really good from bottom to top.. the 2604 seem to flatten out just a little on topend.

The Sirio 2611 pipe was the Worlds pipe not the standard Version.

I still have to say ... From the pipe testing so far. The
2630 has shown the best results So Far.

As far as Plugs... I have Been running a #6 Sirio Plug the Entire time.

Just take your time breaking it in.
MHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:33 PM   #81
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHarrison View Post
Nova,
Comparing the RB 2604 & the Nova 2630 ,. I'd have to say the 2630 has been the better overall pipe.Not working on the car setup,, just doing motor & clutch work. it was on average .1-.2 of a sec. faster with the 2630.
Now keep in mid this was a different day of testing then the 2604... But the grip was LESS this past weekend while testing the 2630. The 2630 seemed to pull really good from bottom to top.. the 2604 seem to flatten out just a little on topend.

The Sirio 2611 pipe was the Worlds pipe not the standard Version.

I still have to say ... From the pipe testing so far. The
2630 has shown the best results So Far.

As far as Plugs... I have Been running a #6 Sirio Plug the Entire time.

Just take your time breaking it in.
Cheers, thanks for that. I will let you know how the MM 12ET compares, to the MM XXX and MM 353.
__________________
Shepherd RC | Brilliant RC | Ielasi Tuned Novarossi | Xtreme Aerodynamics | Matrix |

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:45 AM   #82
Tech Fanatic
 
kickass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Sydney
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarossi View Post
Cheers, thanks for that. I will let you know how the MM 12ET compares, to the MM XXX and MM 353.
Michael, You will still be slower than my KICKASS MODDED & TENDER LOVED RB. See you at the Meadow bro.
__________________
"KicKass "OS" Racing Engines" "capricornrc.com.au"
"RC Arena" Home of "Maxima Fuel"
kickass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:11 AM   #83
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickass View Post
Michael, You will still be slower than my KICKASS MODDED & TENDER LOVED RB. See you at the Meadow bro.
You must of made love to that RB, that motor is freakish
__________________
Shepherd RC | Brilliant RC | Ielasi Tuned Novarossi | Xtreme Aerodynamics | Matrix |

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:32 PM   #84
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

So far so good with the Capricorn. Has about 1.5litres of fuel through it of Tornado 16%, only got to about 95degC, still very very rich.

Very tight, still cannot turn it over with out a plug in it, all the internals look like new, and the engine idled and ran very well, very impressed so far.

Only negative was the LSN, it seems to been locktite in, very hard to screw in, almost stripped it, did you guys notice this also?
__________________
Shepherd RC | Brilliant RC | Ielasi Tuned Novarossi | Xtreme Aerodynamics | Matrix |

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:20 PM   #85
Tech Addict
 
MHarrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: FL.
Posts: 629
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Nova,
Yes I did Notice the same thing with 1 of the 3 engines I have tested.
MHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #86
Tech Regular
 
Speyederjedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Lonestar State
Posts: 394
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarossi View Post
So far so good with the Capricorn. Has about 1.5litres of fuel through it of Tornado 16%, only got to about 95degC, still very very rich.

Very tight, still cannot turn it over with out a plug in it, all the internals look like new, and the engine idled and ran very well, very impressed so far.

Only negative was the LSN, it seems to been locktite in, very hard to screw in, almost stripped it, did you guys notice this also?
One of the things I always do when I purchase a new engine is take it apart and check for any metal debri which may have been left behind in the casting or milling. In that process I place a drop or 2 of after run oil on the LSN and HSN just in case the o-rings are a bit dry. This prevents the o-ring from binding or tearing when I start the break-in and start adjusting the needle settings. I have had engines in the past where the o-ring was to dry and it tore when trying to adhust the needle. it sounds like that may be the pronlem you are having. I have 2 Sirio Evo 4 STI's and a Capricorn CL12-ET and never had a problem with the LSN or HSN due to the previous process I mentioned. Hope this helps


Regards,
Speyederjedi
Speyederjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:51 PM   #87
Tech Adept
 
MikeMalinconico's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 219
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I cant wait to install one of these motors in my serpent 720 09
If my boy George says its a great motor,I trust its a great motor.
98% of the the time he is right.The other 2% I dont know what he was thinking.lol.
__________________
Serpent america.
Brooklyn hobbies.
Speedzone batteries&motors.
MikeMalinconico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:01 PM   #88
Tech Regular
 
Speyederjedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Lonestar State
Posts: 394
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMalinconico View Post
I cant wait to install one of these motors in my serpent 720 09
If my boy George says its a great motor,I trust its a great motor.
98% of the the time he is right.The other 2% I dont know what he was thinking.lol.
Mike,

You won't be dissappointed. I have about 20 tanks through my CL12-ET and it's stupid fast and only getting faster. I'm sure I'll be seeing some real speed at about 1 gallon. It took about that much fuel for my Sirio EVO 4 STI to really start showing it's ballistic speed. That otor still locks up on me in cold weather. I'm still experimenting with different pipes other than the Sirio 2611. I may be getting the new pipe from Capricorn soon.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Speyederjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #89
Tech Addict
 
MHarrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: FL.
Posts: 629
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

spey,

I tried a maxpower 2602 pipe on this motor this past weekend. And the Power was very good. Low, Mid & top end.
MHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:48 PM   #90
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,161
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMalinconico View Post
I cant wait to install one of these motors in my serpent 720 09
If my boy George says its a great motor,I trust its a great motor.
98% of the the time he is right.The other 2% I dont know what he was thinking.lol.
Mike who is that you squeezing in the pic don't look like the wife lol
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Capricorn .21 CL-9TE competition engine CapricornRC Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 31 07-20-2012 12:28 AM
Capricorn Q12ET hobbypro Nitro On-Road 6 06-16-2009 07:55 PM
CapricornRC - Present and Active CapricornRC Nitro On-Road 15 06-16-2009 05:51 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:14 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net