Community
Wiki Posts
Search

sleeve shim

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 03:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default sleeve shim

i asked this in another thread but had no success- does anyone know where i can get a replacement sleeve shim for a JL tuned evo3- i need to replace the one that comes standard with the engine due to damaging it- thank you
Old 08-12-2008, 10:43 AM
Uga
Tech Regular

http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....ducts_id=13651
http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....ducts_id=13652
http://www.winnerscirclerc.com/produ...oducts_id=3957

There's also several ofna shims on http://searchrc.horizonhobby.com/ind...500&N=5268+734 not sure which are which though, I'm too lazy to measure mine :P
Old 08-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by cdub
i asked this in another thread but had no success- does anyone know where i can get a replacement sleeve shim for a JL tuned evo3- i need to replace the one that comes standard with the engine due to damaging it- thank you
If Sam at Kamikaze can't get one for you then what I would do is see if you can find someone who has good evo 2 case that you can get off of them for cheap and just transfer the internals into that one. Other than that you can also just run the motor without the shim by just adding the same thickness of head shims to keep the compression the same.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Those are head shims. He needs a sleeve shim.

If I couldn't make the old one work I would just run without it. It might even run better.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Uga
Tech Regular

ops, sorry
Old 08-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

sean- this is charlie wilson from VORRA, whats up?- the issue i have is, the bearings need replacing in the engine so i dont wanna buy bearings and install them and then have the engine run like crap because i dont have a shim- do you think it would be worth it to put new bearings in it or what?- if i get a new engine i can use all the stuff from this engine as spares for the new one- what do you think? -thx
Old 08-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

i forgot to add this- i did talk to sam and he said you couldnt purchase one separately so i was just looking for any other options- thx
Old 08-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cdub
sean- this is charlie wilson from VORRA, whats up?- the issue i have is, the bearings need replacing in the engine so i dont wanna buy bearings and install them and then have the engine run like crap because i dont have a shim- do you think it would be worth it to put new bearings in it or what?- if i get a new engine i can use all the stuff from this engine as spares for the new one- what do you think? -thx
You did a smart choice, now you have spares that are already broken in and ready to go.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

It never hurts to have spares. I would probably put it together without the shim and maybe raise the exhaust port by the amount of the shim thickness. It would probably run better that way. If you don't feel brave enough to file a sleeve either run it without or just keep for spares. Nice thing about these Picco's is they're pretty cheap.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

thx sean