Community
Wiki Posts
Search

O.S .12tz any good???

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have a TZ .12 5port and just wanted to know whats the best overall pipe for this engine. I have a Skyline VR plus12 pipe but i heard that's restricting the eng.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-ROY22
I have a TZ .12 5port and just wanted to know whats the best overall pipe for this engine. I have a Skyline VR plus12 pipe but i heard that's restricting the eng.
I have a VXR X-1 pipe connected to it but i havn't really ran it in race conditions yet so i'm not to sure on how well it's matched to the motor. I actually want to get the K-factory Missile pipe/header (#k6001) for it as i have used one before and liked it.
It would be good to know though what the exact pipe is that matches the TZ the best
Old 08-31-2008, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Go with the OS pipe 1040 L52sc or even the outlaw version of the same pipe.

I did not like the k-factory Missle pipe. extremely restrictive. I only use it on my break-in bench.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

the sage pipe matches the TZ quite well too...
Old 09-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

So here's the latest. I've been starting it here and there unfortunately due to lack of time or bad weather and every time i've started it i get a really erratic idle so isuppose i have to try and find an air leak somewhere but the thing that's frustrating me is that i can give it a little bit of gas no problem but when i go mid to full throttle it seems as though when the clutch engages it cuts out so my question is: Can your clutch gap be too big so when it engages there is so much force on the clutch bell that it stalls the crankshaft there for flamming out

I've never had a problem like this with any other motor and all i hear is how easy O.S motors are to tune so i'm hoping it is something else not the motor
Old 09-08-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Does anyone know the factory needle settings for the TZ. I'm just having a bit of trouble getting it tuned right so i want to start again.

When i bought it off my mate the mid-range needle wasn't flush with the carby and now when ever i get to mid/full throttle it flames out. I'm hoping it's because of the mid range needle not anything else.

Every other motor i have they say keep the mid range needle flush with the carby, is it the same with the TZ?
Old 05-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just bought this engine Today: O.S. Engines 12TZ (P) - T3, 3 Port Race .12 Engine via Kamakazi Racing - Thank you for the quick response!

I have been getting all my stuff as i am getting back in Nitro Tourer racing, i used to have the other version O.S Engine 12TZ 3 Port but not the Race port - what differance to this race port to the other?

Cheers
Frankie
Old 05-20-2009, 12:45 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Just bought this engine Today: O.S. Engines 12TZ (P) - T3, 3 Port Race .12 Engine via Kamakazi Racing - Thank you for the quick response!

I have been getting all my stuff as i am getting back in Nitro Tourer racing, i used to have the other version O.S Engine 12TZ 3 Port but not the Race port - what differance to this race port to the other?

Cheers
Frankie
None at all it's the same engine you had, just an interpretation of the description.......
O.S. Engines 12TZ (P)-T3, 3 Port racing .12 Engine

As far as carburation goes, this engine will work flawlessly if you kep your hands out of the low end and so c alled mid ramge needles....both have to be flush with their bodies, then just tune with the high end and idle needles
The factory setting for HSN is 1 3/4 turns open from closed (for racing), and for break in 2 turns out

AFM
Old 05-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by afm
None at all it's the same engine you had, just an interpretation of the description.......
O.S. Engines 12TZ (P)-T3, 3 Port racing .12 Engine

As far as carburation goes, this engine will work flawlessly if you kep your hands out of the low end and so c alled mid ramge needles....both have to be flush with their bodies, then just tune with the high end and idle needles
The factory setting for HSN is 1 3/4 turns open from closed (for racing), and for break in 2 turns out

AFM
Nice one AFM,

hey what you recommend as a pipe and manifold and plug?

Turbo OS plug No#6 - also anyother plug makes can go into the OS? Nova?

Manifold: Conical 5 fin or 6 fin?

Exhaust: 2601 or 2630 Novarossi?

Cheers fro your help mate - every little bit i take iin....

Regards
Frankie
Old 05-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice one AFM,

hey what you recommend as a pipe and manifold and plug?

Turbo OS plug No#6 - also anyother plug makes can go into the OS? Nova?

Manifold: Conical 5 fin or 6 fin?

Exhaust: 2601 or 2630 Novarossi?

Cheers fro your help mate - every little bit i take iin....

Regards
Frankie
take a look in the top of this thread.
i think that will be better to stay with os 1040 pipe.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
take a look in the top of this thread.
i think that will be better to stay with os 1040 pipe.
Cheers on the info - red the whole thread but no one has mentioned any of the Nova pipes...

Kamakazi has this pipe:
Product ID: T1050SCL52
OS SPEED T1050 L52 TUNED PIPE SET

This is an O.S. Max Left Side Tuned Pipe set for .12 to .18 size engines, The "SC" stands for "Spring Connect" which means it uses springs to attach the Tuned Pipe to the Header. Polished natural aluminum construction

Anyone used this pipe?

Id like to get the pipe that will work well, i used to run the TZ about 2 years ago with a Nova 2630 it seemed ok, but i am still learning on how to tune a engine right let alone make it last.....

Also with the NEW once i get it started is it best to place a heat gun for break-in to get some temp into the head before i crank it over.....

Cheers for any advice
Frankie
Old 05-20-2009, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Cheers on the info - red the whole thread but no one has mentioned any of the Nova pipes...

Kamakazi has this pipe:
Product ID: T1050SCL52
OS SPEED T1050 L52 TUNED PIPE SET

This is an O.S. Max Left Side Tuned Pipe set for .12 to .18 size engines, The "SC" stands for "Spring Connect" which means it uses springs to attach the Tuned Pipe to the Header. Polished natural aluminum construction

Anyone used this pipe?

Id like to get the pipe that will work well, i used to run the TZ about 2 years ago with a Nova 2630 it seemed ok, but i am still learning on how to tune a engine right let alone make it last.....

Also with the NEW once i get it started is it best to place a heat gun for break-in to get some temp into the head before i crank it over.....

Cheers for any advice
Frankie
I do and it is only pipe that make TZ and XZ sing !!! you can forget T-1040 only top end pipe, T-1050 is heaps of bottom end.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cheers Also with the NEW once i get it started is it best to place a heat gun for break-in to get some temp into the head before i crank it over.....

Cheers for any advice
Frankie
You sure do Fuji
Old 05-21-2009, 12:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jca2000au
I do and it is only pipe that make TZ and XZ sing !!! you can forget T-1040 only top end pipe, T-1050 is heaps of bottom end.
$300AUD for a pipe set eeekkkkkkkkk
Old 05-21-2009, 12:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

$300AUD for a pipe set eeekkkkkkkkk
You sure you havent got a 2 in your cart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.