Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
NovaRossi M12 Parts Info Please >

NovaRossi M12 Parts Info Please

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NovaRossi M12 Parts Info Please

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default NovaRossi M12 Parts Info Please

TRoday during testing with my MTX3 my engine blew up, I was having a very hard time getting it to run cool as every setting I had it at after a few laps it was running very hot. I had turned the main mixture 5 turns from bottom and still managed to hit 360deg ? in any case it really doesnt matter now as the con rod bushing failed and all the parts made there way threw the engine and mangled the piston.

I am hoping I can just replace the set and all will be good but I do understand this is an old engine (came with my first Serpent Impulse) but I am hoping there are parts somewhere for this engine so I can bring her back to life as I really can't afford a new engine at this time.

Thanks for you help R/C Tech

Sean
Old 05-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BLKNOTCH
TRoday during testing with my MTX3 my engine blew up, I was having a very hard time getting it to run cool as every setting I had it at after a few laps it was running very hot. I had turned the main mixture 5 turns from bottom and still managed to hit 360deg ? in any case it really doesnt matter now as the con rod bushing failed and all the parts made there way threw the engine and mangled the piston.

I am hoping I can just replace the set and all will be good but I do understand this is an old engine (came with my first Serpent Impulse) but I am hoping there are parts somewhere for this engine so I can bring her back to life as I really can't afford a new engine at this time.

Thanks for you help R/C Tech

Sean
Try talk to Uriah
http://www.murnanmodified.com/
Old 05-11-2008, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just wondering if anyone knows or can remember what the output of the M12 was? I am almost certain this is the Mugen M12 that was offered in the kits many moons ago produced by NovaRossi. I have owned this engine for over 9 years and had gottin this engine with the purchase of a used Serpent Impulse( they came with the SX12 not M12) I am not totally sure but 1.2 HP comes to mind when I try to think back. Does this sound about right? If so I am currently looking to replace it with a NEW NovaRossi NS12TS1 which is rated at 1.48 HP and is a Turbo plug engine. I know this engine is not the same as the new LL3 but I am thinking it is still better then my M12 when it was new over 10 years ago.

Thanks for the info R/C Tech

Sean