Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Engine Mod'r List

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Engine Mod'r List

Could everyone list all the mod'rs that they are aware of whether good or bad or local or not. Good idea so people know who's where and doing what. I seem to know who the top six are. I also remember somone posted about buying a cheap 21 and modding it instead of an expensive engine and someone posted about a decent mod'r and on his web site it said he was burn't in a gas fire and was cutting back on his work, does anyone know who this is or what his web site is? Can't seem to find it again. Thanx to all that reply

Last edited by REARSPROCKET; 02-29-2008 at 07:22 AM.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

murnan modified motors- GREAT www.murnanmodified.com
Old 02-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Maxy's Fuel. The maker of the fuel also does motors.

www.maxysfuel.com

DJ Apolaro
Old 02-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

www.ABMods.com and he also have a dyno by nitrodyne system.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hotmods by Jim Hottinger (novarossi usa)

[email protected]
Old 02-25-2008, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Maxy's Fuel. The maker of the fuel also does motors.

www.maxysfuel.com

DJ Apolaro
except for their site is garbage and doesnt help with any info and i have been awaiting almost two weeks now on an answer back about getting a sleeve and piston for my engine...three if you count the week they were on vacation
Old 02-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Didn't have any problems getting my engine, give them a call 1-888-RUN-MAXY
Old 02-26-2008, 06:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Not all engine modders are created equal...most modders do not touch engine timing.... without timing changes its nearly impossible to increase an engines power output....hence why most modders do not show dyno results of their modifications, would be good advertising to show their modded motors make no more power then the stock motor they started with ( this is extremely common with modded motors).............. Ask for a dyno of said modders work before you send a motor to them...

I am a semi-pro engine modder..I Know the secrets ( dyno tested) but i only do it part time as a hobby business....I know my engines are significantly more powerful then what most other modders send out....This year i have purchased modded engines from almost every big modding name and I have to say I was shocked to see how stock all these engines really were.... Not one single motor had any timing changes whatsoever, not even to the crank rotor timing.... Cut as many grooves and channels into a engines sleeve and you will nevr increase power....sleeve mods are eye candy more then anything, they will provide zero gains when on a dyno...........

Take any good quality motor and modify the external of the sleeve and it will not gains one spec of power when strapped to the dyno....Sometimes I truly feel people are impressed by the placebo affect of having a "modded" motor when they buy some pre-mod off A-Main...as when the motors are strapped to the dyno they are clearly not modified as they make stock power and torque levels....... 9/10 of todays modded motors would not show any gains whatsoever when it hits a dyno.........
Old 02-26-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Lord

Yes, 1 tiny change in the crankshaft timing does a lot more than only fancy porting and polishing
Old 02-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

nevermind

Last edited by SOLOARTIST 702; 02-27-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Take a look at RBMODS. Rick does great work with excellent customer service.
rbmods.net
Old 02-27-2008, 06:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Mark at Powerhouse RC Performance does excellent work. He is one of the modders that will actually increase power

http://powerhousercperformance.com/
Old 02-27-2008, 10:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default wpengines

... a look also here, in Italy
www.wpengines.com
Factory specialized in tuning and R&D of Picco brand.
We made rear ceramic bearing for .12 & .21
and exclusive treatment for crankshaft and liner.
Of course our mods are Dyno proven on our made Dyno.
PS
for Roelof & maximo:
without timing and porting changes, power not gains
Old 03-02-2008, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I am skeptical of non timing mods making any substantial power gains....Prove me wrong if you can I guess !!!

Last edited by Maximo; 03-03-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Tech Adept

All this "no timing change, no power gain" makes me wonder why the heck the factories make racing motors with wrong timing in the first place I know full size car factories produce crappy engines due to emission rules and economical limitations, but model engine factories don't have to comply with Californian emission laws...
I run mainly electric touring, nitro as a "side dish" during our short 3 months of bad skiing weather we call summer. I am not a modifier and I've only owned one hand modified engine in my life (which was already couple of years old when I got it), but I'm wondering if I would really benefit from having an "off-the-shelf modified engine"...
I know a fair bit about the engine theory and I have no problems understanding that different conditions require different crank timing, port timing, burn room size/shape, ideally you would have a different engine for every track & every weather. The factory prepared engines are surely a compromise, they must start up and run decently both high up in the mountains at 50C and below sea level at 0C. The question is, when the engine is modified and timing is changed, what are the drawbacks? There must be something that gets worse at the same time, there are no free lunches. Fuel efficiency is probably the first thing to go (especially if the modifier isn't up to the task ), then the engine might become more temperamental (difficult to tune), require certain type of weather conditions to work properly etc... in the end of the day 3% more power does not necessarily mean 3% lower laptimes, it's more complicated than that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.