R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 04-25-2008, 02:15 PM   #121
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default Ah,

Ah, ok, now the charts are also wrong.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:28 PM   #122
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:31 PM   #123
Tech Apprentice

WHATEVER "edo" does works cuz the tuned version is way faster than my stock evo3-its a very fast engine!!!!!!!
cdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:57 AM   #124
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

I am having a hard time to read the exhaust numbers, but they appear to be both 183.

To me the results of the cut and the raise look identical.....
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:14 AM   #125
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
I am having a hard time to read the exhaust numbers, but they appear to be both 183.

To me the results of the cut and the raise look identical.....
looks like that to me also.
there are some issues you 2 guys are arguing about, but these figures seem to point towards cutting and just raising are the same. how ever piston movement to crank movement isnt linear at btc and tdc , but once the piston starts to move it is. but the ports arent affected at BTC and TDC.
raising the sleeve has the same results but compression is affected. Maximo, the 2 engines are very different inthe way they are shimmed. this attends to the raising of the sleeve. so the compression is then similar to both engines, shimmed or not.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T

Last edited by Pattojnr; 04-26-2008 at 08:15 AM. Reason: bad spelling :)
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:50 AM   #126
Tech Champion

I was just showing that adding 1 mm to both transfer and exhaust results in different amounts of timing being added to each port..... Of course raising the sleeve 1 mm has the same timing effects as cutting sleeve 1 mm........ But back to topic, for me to add 10 degress to transfer and exhaust on this motor I will need to cut more exhaust in MM then I will need to cut transfer in mm...look how blowdown is affected !
Old 04-27-2008, 08:39 AM   #127
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys.
Here is link for my timing calculator http://www.palmarisracing.com/Timing_Calculator.htm
Everybody welcome to use any time you want to. Just punch your digits and you got most accurate numbers up to 2 decimals (I am sure nobody needs more prcise).
BTW, please don't try to copy it-it is protected, just simply go there and use it.
Enjoy.

Edward
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:09 AM   #128
Tech Elite

DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.

Last edited by EdwardN; 04-27-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:42 AM   #129
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardN View Post
the numbers do add up. you are looking at the boost port duration not the transfer port duration. and i can see by those figures what Maximo is trying to say. there is more duration difference to the transfer port than the exhaust duration by adding 1mm to all ports.
i think Maximo got a bit heated trying to explain what he his trying to say, and it hasnt come out right. i guess ill see the difference next weekend over the tuned version to the std one.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 04-27-2008, 09:46 AM   #130
Tech Elite

wow Edward, you edited that post quickly
its all good. can i ask what that dog is doing in your avatar ? thats funny
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 04-27-2008, 09:57 AM   #131
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
wow Edward, you edited that post quickly
its all good. can i ask what that dog is doing in your avatar ? thats funny
The dog is doing duck! LOL

Maximo is right about the duration will chaged differently on exhaust and transfer, if we raise ports on the same ammount-it is simple geometry. In real life it will be hard to see accurate due to the manufacturing tolerances ( this is way I always on the real life side-desrigard difference-nobody can make anything perfect), but for sure in calculations will be different.

Edward
Old 04-27-2008, 09:59 AM   #132
Tech Champion

Quote:
the numbers do add up. you are looking at the boost port duration not the transfer port duration. and i can see by those figures what Maximo is trying to say. there is more duration difference to the transfer port than the exhaust duration by adding 1mm to all ports.
i think Maximo got a bit heated trying to explain what he his trying to say, and it hasnt come out right. i guess ill see the difference next weekend over the tuned version to the std one.
I admit I did get a little heated, but Stefan came after me with guns blazing... Instead of checking to see if I had any merit in my words he immediately came after me full guns blazing..... I have noticed he has a shitty attitude and has a reputation of trying to bully people around..... Unfortunately for Stefan I am not the type easily bullied, nor am I so mis-informed that I will be an easy target.... I may be new to modding engines compared to many here , but I am an extremely fast learner and am always striving to learn more, i am never happy with what I do and I push myself very hard to achieve more...... I notice many others would rather pat themselves on the back and ride on past accomplishments with the belief they know all there is to know....But while they are sitting stagnant I am working hard to learn more and put more into the engines I modify....... Needless to say I may be a newbie in the overall picture of engine modders, but do not underestimate me one bit.....
Old 04-27-2008, 10:04 AM   #133
Tech Addict

Quote:
Hi Pattojnr,
can please let me know is there a timing change on the sleeve and the crankshaft over the std ones, i have the std but not the tuned yet...
is saw u have both is there a big difference in performance??
thanks
ck960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:09 AM   #134
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
I admit I did get a little heated, but Stefan came after me with guns blazing... Instead of checking to see if I had any merit in my words he immediately came after me full guns blazing..... I have noticed he has a shitty attitude and has a reputation of trying to bully people around..... Unfortunately for Stefan I am not the type easily bullied, nor am I so mis-informed that I will be an easy target.... I may be new to modding engines compared to many here , but I am an extremely fast learner and am always striving to learn more, i am never happy with what I do and I push myself very hard to achieve more...... I notice many others would rather pat themselves on the back and ride on past accomplishments with the belief they know all there is to know....But while they are sitting stagnant I am working hard to learn more and put more into the engines I modify....... Needless to say I may be a newbie in the overall picture of engine modders, but do not underestimate me one bit.....

Hey Maximo.
I am personaly respecting your knowlodge and effort to learn about engines. There is only one way to learn-it is trials, experiments and find logical and sintifical explanation for results. Keep it doing- you are on the right way.

About Stefan-he is very good guy and I know him since 2004 (we met on Winternats). I really respect him for his effort. We are good friends, unfortunatelly he moved back to Germany and we don't have time to meet each other.

Listen guys, at some point, we just loosing reality control and we start messing around-don't take too serios. Some people learn it faster (reality control), for some it takes longer (for some it will take longer then life span), on the end we all humans and let it stay that way.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:18 AM   #135
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
I admit I did get a little heated...
Maximo.

I've been heated many times and every time I've learned. Nothing wrong with that. Just try to stay on the cool side.

Just make sure that any of this kind of incidents will not stop from your learning procces.

Edward