R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 02-22-2008, 04:52 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Smile

I got this link from 3hobby site
http://209.196.57.91/ME2/dirmod.asp?...9034A1E28B5E45
jeff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:06 PM   #17
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Rc_Boy89

There seems to be a great hyp for these engines, I was just wondering if their is an alternative plug that can be used with this engine instead of the picco plugs. I think I recall a thread someone about the idm picco is able to take the sirio plugs, is that the same for the JL evo 3? Just curious as I have better access to sirio plugs than picco. Cheers.

Kyosho STRR / OS Speed
Mugen MTX-4R / RB Speedline Matrix
Jammin CRT.5 / Sirio STI
Rc_Boy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:44 PM   #18
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc_Boy89 View Post
There seems to be a great hyp for these engines, I was just wondering if their is an alternative plug that can be used with this engine instead of the picco plugs. I think I recall a thread someone about the idm picco is able to take the sirio plugs, is that the same for the JL evo 3? Just curious as I have better access to sirio plugs than picco. Cheers.
Sirio plugs does not seat properly on it's taper, it causes the plug to leak and have some serious tuning issues.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:00 PM   #19
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
Sirio plugs does not seat properly on it's taper, it causes the plug to leak and have some serious tuning issues.
Actually aren't the IDM plugs rebranded Sirio plugs ? I could have sworn Sirio taper worked well in Picco as they work well in Ninja......I know Sirio plugs work in a Ninja and I also know Picco plugs work well in a Ninja .......
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:20 PM   #20
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Actually aren't the IDM plugs rebranded Sirio plugs ? I could have sworn Sirio taper worked well in Picco as they work well in Ninja......I know Sirio plugs work in a Ninja and I also know Picco plugs work well in a Ninja .......
I use to sell those plugs until I got too many complains about it leaking and customers are having a hard time tuning the JL engines, if you take off the head button and install a Sirio plug, you can see right away that it does not even seat flush at the combustion chamber............that tells you it is the wrong plug.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:34 PM   #21
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
I use to sell those plugs until I got too many complains about it leaking and customers are having a hard time tuning the JL engines, if you take off the head button and install a Sirio plug, you can see right away that it does not even seat flush at the combustion chamber............that tells you it is the wrong plug.
Wow I am suprised to hear that... and also glad to hear that, i have been giving out bad advice about the Sirio plugs....
Old 02-22-2008, 11:21 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

os p7 plugs work awesome here in australia
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:48 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Wow I am suprised to hear that... and also glad to hear that, i have been giving out bad advice about the Sirio plugs....
Daniele Ielasi runs nothing but Sirio (IDM)plugs in his .12's and he told me at the show in Nuremberg that the Sirio plug has the same taper than the Picco plug.

The two engines I got from him also got Sirio plugs and they seat perfectly.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:56 AM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
Price is $299... $120 above the stock one. Probably it is an introductory price since quantity is going to be low. I for one wouldn't pay that raise in $$$ for a factory modification
The stock one is impressive, mostly because of the performance vs. price. For $300 though, might as well get a nova. With this "tuned" version, picco seems to forget what brought 'em to the dance in the first place.

MINO Racing
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:55 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMD View Post
The stock one is impressive, mostly because of the performance vs. price. For $300 though, might as well get a nova. With this "tuned" version, picco seems to forget what brought 'em to the dance in the first place.
Sorry, but that's BS. All the current Picco based engines are impressive because Picco did their homework and the engines are as fast and reliable as any other brand out there.

that they threw an engine at an absolute dumping price on the American market to build their reputation back up was one thing. If you expect them to keep giving those things away then you've been a bit naive.

The 185 bucks you guys have been paying so far, is actually below the dealer buying price in Europe. ($185 = 125) A Picco P1-R.12 Evo3 (standard) is 220 ( $ 323)over here!

Now, if you only like that engine because of it's price and not because how it performs, you should probably buy a NR.

Btw, NovaRossi prices are coming down tremendously over here. The reason for that is that more and more people are switching to other brands like Picco and Sirio.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:04 AM   #26
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Sorry, but that's BS. All the current Picco based engines are impressive because Picco did their homework and the engines are as fast and reliable as any other brand out there.

that they threw an engine at an absolute dumping price on the American market to build their reputation back up was one thing. If you expect them to keep giving those things away then you've been a bit naive.

The 185 bucks you guys have been paying so far, is actually below the dealer buying price in Europe. ($185 = € 125) A Picco P1-R.12 Evo3 (standard) is €220 ( $ 323)over here!

Now, if you only like that engine because of it's price and not because how it performs, you should probably buy a NR.

Btw, NovaRossi prices are coming down tremendously over here. The reason for that is that more and more people are switching to other brands like Picco and Sirio.

I bought a Nova 21-7 this season..... What a joke that motor is next to my Picco EVO 2.......WOW Novarossi's are SLooooooooooooooooooooow ! had to pull the motor as its so down on power.......dyno results also show its a total Dog................

Last edited by Maximo; 02-23-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:39 AM   #27
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMD View Post
The JL TUNED version is just 1 option that is offered to racers who wants a modified version of the already fast JL EVO 3 engine, now how can you explain that people buys a stock engine and spend another $100.00 just to get it modified, and this JL EDO modified offers precision matched piston and sleeve which only a few people like Daniele Ielasi and Eduardo PICCO can do.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:13 PM   #28
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I want to see some dyno results of this tuned engine over the stocker. That would tell the tale and end all questioning.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:28 PM   #29
Tech Adept

Any pics of the liner and crank?

cheers
Chris
Old 02-23-2008, 10:57 PM   #30
Tech Adept

i run os plugs in my red dot all day and never had a problem os plugs work fine