JL EVO 3 "TUNED"

You're on Page 15 of 27
Go to
  • ok, thanks everyone. I know I need to get a 2607, but with my racing in the balance, I'm trying to keep the spending to a minimum.
  • Does anybody else find new Picco carb harder to restart comparing to old when the engine is hot?

    I also complain about Picco glow plugs.. why they don't mark the range in glow plug body? I will send an email to factory
  • Use GRP plugs instead.
  • hey im considering buying one of these engines or just he JL EVO 3
    and i am concered about the glow plugs, what brand of plugs can be used in these engines besides the PICCO. also are they like the Ninja engines and are really hard to tune and keep a good tune, what is the case, and can they keep up with any of the engines running at the Nats or State Tittles as i am from Australia

    thanks,
    mitchell
  • I have used OS plugs with no problem.
  • I have used Picco and Sirio without any issues.
  • picco, os, odonell.

    all good for me. but im gonna try and stay with the piccos
  • Quote: hey im considering buying one of these engines or just he JL EVO 3
    and i am concered about the glow plugs, what brand of plugs can be used in these engines besides the PICCO. also are they like the Ninja engines and are really hard to tune and keep a good tune, what is the case, and can they keep up with any of the engines running at the Nats or State Tittles as i am from Australia

    thanks,
    mitchell
    Go ahead buy one you know you want to
  • Yes, the are as fast as any engine out there, dont let the price fool you. They are vey easy to tune, they keep a tune all day, and they get great gas mileage too.
  • now that a few guys have had this engine for a while, can anyone tell us about the longetivity of this engine. im a little confused. it has run the SA states, it has run the WA states, it has done a club day. now after 5 lts of runnertime fuel, im still a bit worried to lean it out, each time i go to start the engine its still nipping up first thing. once started its ok for the rest of the day. i finally got somewhere close to 220F and have heard some reach the 270F mark. there is more performance to come , but while its still so tight i havent pushed the point yet. wondering if anyone else has the same issues, its not really a problem.
  • Quote: hey im considering buying one of these engines or just he JL EVO 3
    and i am concered about the glow plugs, what brand of plugs can be used in these engines besides the PICCO. also are they like the Ninja engines and are really hard to tune and keep a good tune, what is the case, and can they keep up with any of the engines running at the Nats or State Tittles as i am from Australia

    thanks,
    mitchell
    Idm plugs are good to try if you have a local supplier!
  • Quote: but while its still so tight i havent pushed the point yet. wondering if anyone else has the same issues, its not really a problem.
    I think you are making the wrong conclusion.
    It is tight WHEN COLD, but not when it is on its operating temperature....
  • Quote: I think you are making the wrong conclusion.
    It is tight WHEN COLD, but not when it is on its operating temperature....
    it does lock solid when cold. need to unlock it wiht a screw driver on the flywheel. after 5 lts i have never had a engine still lock up like this. it performs ok, but im just still not pushing the tune so hard, im making runtime and its fast, but i see most getting around 270F on here or slightly less. it does turn over quite free when at temp. and i know its ok, but im just still taking it easy till its not so tight anymore. or maybe i should ? i guess thats what im curious about
  • if you read previous posts on here,it was said that all you had to do was run one tank at idle then start to slowly lean-thats exactly what i did and my engines screams-ive got 2 gallons of rocket science through it, it runs at 260-290 degrees all day and holds a tune like no other engine ive ever had before-lean that thing out and really see what its got
  • look for smoke, watch the temp, and let her fly!

Similar Threads