R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Onroad Nitro Engine Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone-71/)
-   -   +12-3SCT V CRF (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone/195049-12-3sct-v-crf.html)

Slo-MTX4 12-10-2007 02:52 PM

+12-3SCT V CRF

Hi guys and girls, just wondering how many people have had expirience with both of these engines? Need a new engine for next year and just wanting to know what differences people found.

Cheers
Daniel

stefan 12-11-2007 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4 (Post 3959399)
Hi guys and girls, just wondering how many people have had expirience with both of these engines? Need a new engine for next year and just wanting to know what differences people found.

Cheers
Daniel

I have a 12-3 ST, same thing w/o the ceramic bearing and it's a screamer that seems to last forever.

The CRF on the other hand will be discontinued....:cool:

TomB 12-11-2007 02:16 AM

yeah, Hi Slow, looks like the old Toki type CRF kyosho will be discontinued as stefan says, and possibly Picco will make the engine for Kyosho. Hold your horses just for now.

the old CRF had major issues with the plastic collet of the carby comming loose and requiring the user to take it out, and re glue a new one with jb weld.

also the tune on the engines is harder to find than a standard style engine.

the engine has great top speed, but i'd go with a Nova personally. The Picco CRF (if picco does make it that is) might be a screamer though:eek: if the JL red dot is a guide, so keep an eye out.

also the CRF is rather top heavy so, on a high bite track, it might cause a bit of issues. It's about 8 grams+ (i think) heavier than a standard engine (which is 220grams)

Slo-MTX4 12-11-2007 02:29 PM

Ok so it sounds like i will be sticking to my trusty murnan nova's.......Does anyone have info on the supposed discontinued CRF?

mxwrench 12-11-2007 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4 (Post 3963516)
Ok so it sounds like i will be sticking to my trusty murnan nova's.......Does anyone have info on the supposed discontinued CRF?

Aparently a large toy manufacturer pulled a fast one and left Toki holding the bag on a large debt that forced them to close their doors for good. It's a shame because the company was really starting to pull their manufacturing to a new level.

Word is that the CRF engine will be produced by an Italian engine manufacturer (possibly Sirio due to their relationship with Kyosho?, Possibly Picco?) Who knows but it will be surely interesting when the new product comes out!

I have been using the CRF engines since their first release with very good results. In fact, I recently raced the Crystal park Toys 4 tots with my modified CRF .12 engine and had 0 problems and had a very competitive car (too bad my driving still sucks though!!)

Time will tell, but I am very interested to see the new version CRF engines!

BK