R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 11-18-2007, 08:44 PM   #46
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

We just had a NInja 28 piston crack down the middle as well... Mugen did warranty it for us also..... it did take them a while, but it was deemed a faulty piston......

I think what happened in this thread is that the WASP CRF has taken alot of flack on the forums, lots of bickering and arguing , and RC Freaks post likely unintentionaly hit a sore nerve...... Another person bashing the CRF !!!!!!! meanwhile he happens to maybe be a person who has a legitimate and valid manufacturing problem.... Unfortunately this is the internet and its difficult to distinguish between trolls and people who need help...... I maybe dont post on this forum a whole bunch, but I have been reading posts here for a very long time......and I know how many threads went sour when discussing the CRF engines...
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:26 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xr Turbo View Post
Wow thats a bit harsh.
oh
i did not mean it to be harsh
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:21 PM   #48
Tech Addict

Ok everyone. I have another CRF that I put over a gallon through. No issues with it at all.

***************I pulled it down and measured the thickness of the TOP of the piston vs. the cracked one. The cracked piston is thinner.....Could be a good reason for it cracking***************

I am not bashing the engine, I just come across a bad piston and asked for little help....but all I got was bashed by over 80% of the poeple who replied to this thread.

Thanks to those who have stuck be me.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:18 AM   #49
Tech Rookie

How strange,two pages of flaming a guy stating he had piston failure and no one even mentioned how a piston is made and the possible problems associated with cast aluminium!
Anthoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:22 AM   #50
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyedmonds View Post
some ppl have good luck with it and some dont like you
just like the really cheap red dot motor

i always just say get a nova,sirio,or a ninja
....what is it with this guy and the JL Red Dot?...........he must get spanked by them every weekend... while running a 5 million dollar Ninja..........
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:10 AM   #51
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
....what is it with this guy and the JL Red Dot?...........he must get spanked by them every weekend... while running a 5 million dollar Ninja..........

my bad !!!!!

Last edited by Maximo; 11-20-2007 at 03:34 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:34 AM   #52
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

And dyno results are representive for the performance on the track ?

The best motors on the dyno aren't always the winners on the track.....
Old 11-20-2007, 03:02 PM   #53
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
based on the X-dyno reports...the PIcco JL has a huge power advantage over the Ninja...bottom to top the Picco stomps hard on the Ninja.........
Dude, I understand that you like the Picco JL Red Dot engine. However, this is not the place/thread to take up your argument. If you want to debate others on the merits of the Picco engine over the others, start your own thread.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:42 PM   #54
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Dude, I understand that you like the Picco JL Red Dot engine. However, this is not the place/thread to take up your argument. If you want to debate others on the merits of the Picco engine over the others, start your own thread.

I really dont have much of a favorite engine... instead i respect every engine for what it is, and what it isn't..... If I were to choose a personal favorite brand, it would actualy be the MR Ninja lineup.....my fav being the Ninja 28, and i'm also very fond of my FLS 2053 tuned pipe....... Even if my modded Picco makes more HP then my Ninja 28, i still prefer the powerband and feel of the Ninja..... the Picco can hit like a sledgehammer, while my Ninja feels like a sharp Scalpel.....If any complaints about Picco engines they certainly are not for lack of power.....
Old 11-20-2007, 04:58 PM   #55
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
no im just having fun
plan to get one of my own and try it and see along with my new novarossi.
and ill compare all 3 and say.
no red dot up here is faster than my ninja but that just could be just tuning idono.
but i have to say again no engine that iv ever run has been better than the ninja
why idono.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:58 PM   #56
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
And dyno results are representive for the performance on the track ?

The best motors on the dyno aren't always the winners on the track.....
the ones with the best power curves are the ones who win. the Dyno does show that. I guess youre reffering to peak numbers.
German Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:02 AM   #57
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Muscle View Post
the ones with the best power curves are the ones who win. the Dyno does show that. I guess youre reffering to peak numbers.
Ofcourse, but do you know with only a diagram and some numbers how to gear it correctly, how to set the shifting point and the clutch but for all how to drive it ? (not to mention using the correct exhaust and manifold)

I can tell you: most people not !