Wiki Posts
Search

Is EB Mods shutting down?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 11:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Is EB Mods shutting down?

My loss your gain. EBMods is going out of Business and looking to sell off all the equipment and tooling. Please contact me direct at [email protected] or call the shop 570-719-1012
Thanks for all the support,
Ed Bridges

Thats a post Ed himself made on the grid. This cant be true.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hard to believe if it is true....
Old 10-04-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Has anyone determined if this is true??

Thanks
Old 10-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

go to the eb mod website...
Old 10-04-2007, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

well i just checked the web site, and no word of closing there...
Old 10-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

That's weird, I just called them the other day to send in my engine for re-spec. He did say it was a one madn deal at the shop at the moment. I will have to ask once I get a call regarding my fee.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson
well i just checked the web site, and no word of closing there...
His website could remain up untill his domain expires. which is 7/11/08.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

Quoted from The Rich Dude on RCPITSTOPS forums. Yes he is friends with Ed Bridges owner of eb mods. Who has sold his stuff.

Re: EB MODS
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2007, 11:40:22 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
better enjoy this EB mod engine your getting Mike and make sure you take care of it properly so it lasts Ed has just announced that he is selling off all his equipment and getting out of the RC Engine modding business. He is very sad that he will no longer be doing what he loves soo much but his family comes first and he has things he has to deal with. A truly great loss to the RC industry as he was easily one if not the most knowledgable guy when it came to RC engines.

In my words...His engines are the best that are mod'd. I'm sure they'll be available for a while since A main hobbies, tower hobbies and even others still have them for sale.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Tech Addict

that sucks. I wish him the best.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Tech Adept

EB treated his customers like crap.

He treated them like they didn't know a thing. What put him out? OS engines. There were a bunch of people complaining about his quality of work, people telling others to look elsewhere for engine modding.

Its good to see this (people who run a business like him into the ground).
Old 10-29-2007, 03:45 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry everyone, I should of never posted what I did until I knew for sure. I had a few family issues pop up that made things very tough. I guess I just lost my mind for a few days with the added stress.

I'm still doing OS engines and plan to have a few new engines and exhaust kits ready in a couple of weeks. I've been putting together a press release for the Magazines and Online to announce that EBMods is staying in Business and is being restructured. What's this mean? Not only better customer service, but I want EBMods to be known for having the best. This is the number one thing I'm focused on. From a Fresh new web site, along with more engine choices, Exhaust Kits, ETC....... and having someone able to answer the phones during normal business hours, I hope to change this image. Look for myself and more Team drivers showing up at tracks worldwide. The new EBMods 926 Tuned Pipes for the V-Spec's will be available soon. They are EFRA Legal 3 Chamber Pipes with Black Hard Coat.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kemorc

He treated them like they didn't know a thing. What put him out? OS engines. There were a bunch of people complaining about his quality of work, people telling others to look elsewhere for engine modding.

Wow, I didn't treat customers like crap. I just had Crappy Customer Service. And I don't kiss ass, especially people who think they deserve it. I don't expect anyone to kiss mine either. Sorry, but it's hard to answer every call and email when I'm the only one here. From Dyno testing, Machining it's hard to get all the work finished on time,,,, and then answer calls and emails. Anyone who complains about my quality of work doesn't have a clue.

A new web site is almost finished and should be up by the end of the week. Look for it to have More Tech Data like Dyno Graphs, Engine Blueprints, Flow Bench Data, Engine Pics, Shop Pics, with a current News page.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

its good to see that you shed some light on this issue.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

when i saw the tile of the thread i gasped.

Its good ur staying in business

I have one of your O.S. TZ12 motors (inscribed on one side: eb mod, and on the other side: 06 305

Its a friggin land missle, and i love it. so im glad to hear youll be modding motors like it in the future!
Old 11-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kemorc

im sorry you feel like that, but in my personal opinion ed has been a great help with the growth of rc, and advancements in engine porting and modding design...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.