R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Onroad Nitro Engine Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone-71/)
-   -   1/8 truggy racing Navarossi or OS.? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone/175123-1-8-truggy-racing-navarossi-os.html)

RCnetti 08-01-2007 07:13 PM

1/8 truggy racing Navarossi or OS.?

2 Attachment(s)
I've got the Losi 8eigh-t pro rolling chassis and a Futaba 3RK radio. Now I need the engine and a pipe to race in the local track.

People tell me about the O.S V-Spec or one of the Navarossi engines (nobody told me which one)

I am looking for something that:
a) Will be competitive at the track
b) Is not impossible to tune up
c) Goes for less than $ 300.

Thanks!

German Muscle 08-01-2007 10:38 PM

Novarossi S821B or Picco P7R Evo 2 are my top choices.

duneland 08-02-2007 10:41 AM

.28s are allowed in truggy and there are several good engines to choose from. Allthough the .21s mentioned are exellent, the extra torque of a good .28 will not go unnoticed.

German Muscle 08-02-2007 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by duneland (Post 3543858)
.28s are allowed in truggy and there are several good engines to choose from. Allthough the .21s mentioned are exellent, the extra torque of a good .28 will not go unnoticed.

28s are good, but he said race at a track so im sure he wants good fuel economy.

Jason Halvorson 08-02-2007 09:42 PM

look into the Werks B7.28PRO jeremy kortz says it gets better fuel milage than the .21 and is only $244 on amian....i ordered one and im excited for it to show up so i can get into my MBX5T....

RCnetti 08-03-2007 12:12 PM

What engine and Where?

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson (Post 3545755)
look into the Werks B7.28PRO jeremy kortz says it gets better fuel milage than the .21 and is only $244 on amian....i ordered one and im excited for it to show up so i can get into my MBX5T....

I found it. It is a big diference in price with the OS V-Spec or the Navarossi that everybody uses at my local track. but it is a great looking engine with a good price.

Is there a big diference in duravility or perfomance? If I am going to get the same results for racing and tuning I don't want to pay for just a name.

I am driving to the LHS to see what they have. But I am going for what you guys are telling me here. For sure you have more experience than me. Thanks!

Any other good, reliable engines for 1/8 scale truggy racing?
Waht about the O.S. 13890 MAX VZ-B V-SPEC OS Turbo?

Jason Halvorson 08-03-2007 07:33 PM

first off for truggy racing a .28 is way better than a .21...the low end torque is nice for clearing long jumps...second a good .28 normally cost less than a good .21....and lastly werks is a great co. and there motors are awsome, everybody that i know that runs them loves them...including me!!!!!!!i also run a werks .21 in my buggy and love this engine....