Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

Murnan Modified Motors

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcpanama
In reference to Murnan Modiufied Engines, I have an experience that will help to clarify some of the statement said here.
I have been racing On road cars for almost four years, at the beginning I was using Stock Novarrosi engines, one of my problems was learning how to tune this engines and run time, never was able to get to the third position, always had a problem with the engines.
I decided I need it to learn more on how to tune this little monsters, so I read a lot (in Panama there is not much help you can get), it took me more than a year, until I was able to tune the engine the correct way, and understand how they work, I am steel a beginner I will say, but I bought a Murnan Modified Novarossi +12-3SCT Full Ceramic, I bought it with the Breaking service, one thing I learn, was that I never had the experience to Breaking the engine correctly, and part of my problem with the engines was that.
Since I received this engine, I have never finish a race bellow third place, I had TQ, first place, one of the advantage I am getting from other drivers, is that, my engine never flames out, I always get between 5.5 to 6 minutes, depending on whether and temperature and of course POWER.
Now that I have and engine that I don’t have to bother, I am becoming a better driver, but not because I have a faster engine (it helps), but is because I have a more reliable engine.
I have a friend that when he saw what I was doing with the Murnan, he bought one but he did the breaking of the engine, he has never been able to get the performance I am getting with my engine. The breaking of the engine is very important; I have to admit I am not good on that area.
Hope this will give you an Idea of what an engine like the Murnan can do to a beginner.

RCPANAMA
Well my dad and i break my engines in by ourselves and we have the same luck as anybody. Your buddy may not tune the motors the correct way.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcpanama
In reference to Murnan Modiufied Engines, I have an experience that will help to clarify some of the statement said here.
I have been racing On road cars for almost four years, at the beginning I was using Stock Novarrosi engines, one of my problems was learning how to tune this engines and run time, never was able to get to the third position, always had a problem with the engines.
I decided I need it to learn more on how to tune this little monsters, so I read a lot (in Panama there is not much help you can get), it took me more than a year, until I was able to tune the engine the correct way, and understand how they work, I am steel a beginner I will say, but I bought a Murnan Modified Novarossi +12-3SCT Full Ceramic, I bought it with the Breaking service, one thing I learn, was that I never had the experience to Breaking the engine correctly, and part of my problem with the engines was that.
Since I received this engine, I have never finish a race bellow third place, I had TQ, first place, one of the advantage I am getting from other drivers, is that, my engine never flames out, I always get between 5.5 to 6 minutes, depending on whether and temperature and of course POWER.
Now that I have and engine that I don’t have to bother, I am becoming a better driver, but not because I have a faster engine (it helps), but is because I have a more reliable engine.
I have a friend that when he saw what I was doing with the Murnan, he bought one but he did the breaking of the engine, he has never been able to get the performance I am getting with my engine. The breaking of the engine is very important; I have to admit I am not good on that area.
Hope this will give you an Idea of what an engine like the Murnan can do to a beginner.

RCPANAMA
Those are all good points you make. Even a top modified motor isn't going to run right if it isn't broken in properly.

There is something you might be able to do to help your buddy. If you and he are running the same engine... you might want to compare afew things.
1) Check to make sure he is running the same head clearance and plug that you are, and the same fuel with the same nitro content. Make sure he is running the same pipe(crucial for the next steps)
2) Make his carb settings identical to yours. Measure the number of turns of your low speed needle, and high speed needle. Re-adjust his idle AFTER making adjustments to the carb settings. This should give him a pretty close mixture setting. The adjustments after that should only be relatively small.
3) Make sure his clutch is set properly.
4) Make sure he doesn't have fuel tank leakage problems.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Novarossi
Uriah,

What are the dimensions of the front bearing on the RBM3?

Thanks.
7x17x5 front
11.5 x21 x5 Rear

Old 10-10-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RayJ
Those are all good points you make. Even a top modified motor isn't going to run right if it isn't broken in properly.

There is something you might be able to do to help your buddy. If you and he are running the same engine... you might want to compare afew things.
1) Check to make sure he is running the same head clearance and plug that you are, and the same fuel with the same nitro content. Make sure he is running the same pipe(crucial for the next steps)
2) Make his carb settings identical to yours. Measure the number of turns of your low speed needle, and high speed needle. Re-adjust his idle AFTER making adjustments to the carb settings. This should give him a pretty close mixture setting. The adjustments after that should only be relatively small.
3) Make sure his clutch is set properly.
4) Make sure he doesn't have fuel tank leakage problems.

That is correct, this are very important point, one that I have learn to do very good and is very important, is clutch setting, this affects in a good percentage the performance of the Engine.
In Panama, our members are running the pipes they can fine in the Hobby Store (only one) without checking is that is the correct pipe for that engine and that type of track.
But even to make it more complicated and one of the things I get an advantage to the other drivers, I am the only member or maybe the only person in Panama that have a Tire Truer (Hudy), y true all my tires, all other member never true their tires, so there is not a Set Up culture.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

anyone using the MM picco P7r evo3 offroad .21 engine??
Old 10-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Uriah, what is the difference between the "old look" RBM3, and the new looking RBM3 set to be released soon?
Old 10-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Novarossi
Uriah, what is the difference between the "old look" RBM3, and the new looking RBM3 set to be released soon?
The engines are the same internally. The new version has a lighter lower CG cooling head. I found this head to cool fine, and makes the car handle better due to the lower CG.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

thanks grinder got my rb carby parts today thanks mate
Old 10-13-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Grinder , a person wanted for me to say hello .
He said you would know him by the number " 301 "
His name is Jae
Old 10-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hey guys I know that this isn't my area to come in and chat but I do have to say Uriah does a bang up job on my motors.

Of course I am an off-roader but man my car flys with his motors strapped up. I am currently running his MMM RB B9 and that thing is a monster. I am running a 6mm restrictor and the motor is still almost too much. I love the fact that Uriah has provided me with another 10+minute motor. Thanks bro I appreciate it.

Marcus Black
Old 10-27-2009, 09:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Uriah,

any idea when are the RBM3s gonna arrive for those who pre-ordered?
Will the nova 2652s or the RB2604 be a better choice of pipe for this engine?

Old 10-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by auggy79
Hey Uriah,

any idea when are the RBM3s gonna arrive for those who pre-ordered?
Will the nova 2652s or the RB2604 be a better choice of pipe for this engine?

Hi. The engines will be ready to ship next week. Both pipes work great with the engine. The 2652 has a little more top end, and the 2604 a little more bottom end. Both pipes get about the same runtime. I like the short header with both pipes on the RBM3.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

guys i just bought a mtx4r with a murnan modified rbr3 engine.i am having a problem with it.it's real inconsistent,the engine will run for a min or so and then get real loaded up and gurgle and cut off.i thought i had a pressure problem with the pipe combo i had now. i did run for a half tank or so and i thought it was good but when i fueled back up it just loads back up.

i put the needles back to stock settings top end about 5 turns out,bottom about 2.5 out and mid flush.it idles awesome ,i just don't know.

i was told to run a rb 2604 pipe and short header combo but i don't have one yet. PLEASE ANY INFO WOULD HELP BIG TIME. thanks eric
Old 11-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kromie101
guys i just bought a mtx4r with a murnan modified rbr3 engine.i am having a problem with it.it's real inconsistent,the engine will run for a min or so and then get real loaded up and gurgle and cut off.i thought i had a pressure problem with the pipe combo i had now. i did run for a half tank or so and i thought it was good but when i fueled back up it just loads back up.

i put the needles back to stock settings top end about 5 turns out,bottom about 2.5 out and mid flush.it idles awesome ,i just don't know.

i was told to run a rb 2604 pipe and short header combo but i don't have one yet. PLEASE ANY INFO WOULD HELP BIG TIME. thanks eric
Your needles sound correct. Which pipe are you running with the engine? Which fuel? Which glowplug? How many head shims are in the engine? The 2604 pipe with short header is great for that engine.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grinder
Your needles sound correct. Which pipe are you running with the engine? Which fuel? Which glowplug? How many head shims are in the engine? The 2604 pipe with short header is great for that engine.
Whats up? Uriah this is Diron the guy is talking about the rbr3mm i had u tune for me at the nats in ohio, but it does has the wrong pipe, it has a megga2601 but not sure but i know its for picco base,engine and I know the motor is fine im also curious about what fuel hes running, i never had a problem with it and it was awesome!!!!! please help this guy out for me and thanks!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.