IDM Products?

Old 08-29-2008, 02:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stefan
if your engine is idling high after the straights, you bottom end is too rich.

Here's why: When you LSN is too rich, you have to compensate by turning in your idle set screw. Now, when you run the engine in the infield it is loading up but when you go down the straight it's clearing out. So when you lift the throttle, your idle speed is too high and it takes a bit to load it back up again and the idle speed comes back down.

if your engine was too lean, it wouldn't idle down but keep "singing".

Try to close the LSN about a 1/8th and then re-adjust your idle screw.

Make sure that you make all adjustments after at least 5 hot laps on the track. Due to the insulated carb, it takes a bit to bring everything up to operating temps.
oops, so i shld lean my LSN instead and reduce my idle...
Old 08-29-2008, 03:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would do the run like I said and also Stefan and then check how the engine is acting in the pits when you bring it in. I did leave out when the engine is way to rich the engine will come into the pits run high idle for awhile and then drop down and when lean the engine will just stay running at a high idle. So run the car on the track and then check fore one of the 2. If all is ok. Adjust the idle. If not then make needle changes as needed.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by keavze
oops, so i shld lean my LSN instead and reduce my idle...
This sounds too consistent to be an air leak but I wanted to recommend that you don't tighten the screw that holds the linkage on to the barrel of the carb too tightly because you can crush the barrel and not even realize it is not sealing properly. This can easily be identified by the carb boot being wet. You may need an o-ring kit for the carb as well if the needles are too easy to twist or appear wet.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

sweet azz good to hear the positive feedback, looking to start racing here in sweden with either a Velox or a Motonica buuuut wait and see, i can get the 2nd one for 700USD inc. P&H which is pretty fair. would support local shops but i cant bare the high cost for a 1/8th just aint worth paying 1300 for a kit.

well it ll be awsum fun getting back into on road and r/c in general...
Old 08-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
This sounds too consistent to be an air leak but I wanted to recommend that you don't tighten the screw that holds the linkage on to the barrel of the carb too tightly because you can crush the barrel and not even realize it is not sealing properly. This can easily be identified by the carb boot being wet. You may need an o-ring kit for the carb as well if the needles are too easy to twist or appear wet.
oh no, i did notice some wetness on the outside of the carb boot.
so...what's my remedy now?
gotta replace the whole carb?
Old 08-30-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

oh no, i did notice some wetness on the outside of the carb boot.
so...what's my remedy now?
gotta replace the whole carb?

low ends to rich
Old 08-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by roadrage
low ends to rich
so...my carb shld be ok, just too rich causing wetness on the carb boot?

tightening too much the screw for the linkage might cause nitro leakage or air leakage?
why is it so?

Last edited by keavze; 08-30-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

so...my carb shld be ok, just too rich causing wetness on the carb boot?

tightening too much the screw for the linkage might cause nitro leakage or air leakage?
why is it so?
correct. to rich causing fuel around the boot. just make sure the carb is all the way down and tighten the screw. you will be fine your worrying to much.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by roadrage
correct. to rich causing fuel around the boot. just make sure the carb is all the way down and tighten the screw. you will be fine your worrying to much.
glad to hear that, i'll try to lean the LSN and see how it goes...
Old 09-19-2008, 06:34 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

glad to hear that, i'll try to lean the LSN and see how it goes...
Dont listen to this KID just look how UGLY he is in his avatar
a kid this ugly should run electric:l ol::l ol:
Old 09-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete
Dont listen to this KID just look how UGLY he is in his avatar
a kid this ugly should run electric:l ol::l ol:
with your apperince i would be putting a picture of my car insted also.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default P7R 21 IDM EVO3 PROBLEM

Hi All,

I recently bought 2 21 IDM EVO3 engine and have problem to tuned it right,
The problem is when we apply full throttle on the straight and off throttle into the corner but when apply throttle back the engine tent to bogging which seem like not enough fuel get in the engine, which mean we need to off throttle
again and reapply on throttle and the engine pick up again. we have try to remove the head shim to increase pressure but the problem is still the same, we have tried all the clutch setting but the problem remain.

Appreciated if anyone can help.

Thanx
Old 09-21-2008, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CH Hobbies
Hi All,

I recently bought 2 21 IDM EVO3 engine and have problem to tuned it right,
The problem is when we apply full throttle on the straight and off throttle into the corner but when apply throttle back the engine tent to bogging which seem like not enough fuel get in the engine, which mean we need to off throttle
again and reapply on throttle and the engine pick up again. we have try to remove the head shim to increase pressure but the problem is still the same, we have tried all the clutch setting but the problem remain.

Appreciated if anyone can help.

Thanx
Sounds like your engine is too lean on the bottom. Open the low speed needle a quarter turn and try again.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan
Sounds like your engine is too lean on the bottom. Open the low speed needle a quarter turn and try again.
HI Stefan,

Have already try that but the problem remain as it is , just don't know how to deal with it, i have it set rich at LSN which Picco engine are used to be.

Could fuel or any factor like carburetor cause the problem? Does anyone has that problem as well?
Old 09-21-2008, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You need to check if there are any leaks around the carb or engine. Once you are sure that you have a good sealed engine. Then you may want to check the needles by removing them and checking for any dirt or something on the needle or in the hsn tube. Just make a reference to where the needles were originally and you should be fine. Make sure that the oring seals are good on the needles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.