IDM Products?

Old 07-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xspower
Just some more info, XSPower is pleased to announce that Dennis from Phenix Distribution will be taking on the IDM engine line as the authorized distributor for the U.S.. We welcome him. With his knowledge and backgroud we are sure he will do well and provide good support for dealers and customers as well. You can contact Phenix from there website at www.phenixdist.com.

That is really good news!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I will be at the GLC to support your IDM needs. We look forward to working with TeamXSpower.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Motorman
I will be at the GLC to support your IDM needs. We look forward to working with TeamXSpower.
Is there going to be a Picco IDM Richey engine?
Old 07-25-2007, 04:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That is something you would have to ask Dennis!!!
Old 07-25-2007, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

Default Phenix & IDM

Great news for a great guy! He will do alot for bringing out the benefits of this new line of Picco's. I'm excited for him and his company, and racers couldn't have a better guy to be working with these motors!

I've been running the EVO2 line of .12 JLR motors and I hear the EVO 3's by IDM are even better. They put out lotsa torque, and MAKE FUEL MILEAGE. That means FINISHING 5min qualifiers!

Great move by XS!!
Old 07-25-2007, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Make sure you bring a dremel and your magnifying glass to the GLC.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

That is something you would have to ask Dennis!!!
Actually, I did !
Old 07-25-2007, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stefan
Is there going to be a Picco IDM Richey engine?
I would like to see such beast coming from Dennis Richey hands... could be insane. Their last 'nice engine' at least on .12 was the .12RR.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

If you guys want a hand tuned model by me offered I will offer them. However since this deal just went down it is gonna take a bit before we get settled.

RayJ and I race together. What I have seen out of his JL speaks volumes for the potential of the engine. And he's right even the JL's in modified form finish rounds. I'm looking forward to seeing how the IDM model is right out of the gate. What I do know is that if you want the engine to perform you have to gear the car up, use the factory pipes and run the bottom super rich and tune the top to 265 on the 12's. If you don't do those things the engine will seem doggy. If you do those things the engine will really cook and will finish rounds. Don't short change yourself use a picco pipe.
This we already know from alot of testing on the JL's in rays car at the canadian nationals last month.

Brad T
Got glasses can travel
Old 07-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Brad is always trying to get something for nuthin.!!!
Old 07-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Brad is always trying to get something for nuthin.!!!
Ouch!!!
Old 07-25-2007, 05:37 PM
afm
Tech Master

If you guys want a hand tuned model by me offered I will offer them. However since this deal just went down it is gonna take a bit before we get settled.

RayJ and I race together. What I have seen out of his JL speaks volumes for the potential of the engine. And he's right even the JL's in modified form finish rounds. I'm looking forward to seeing how the IDM model is right out of the gate. What I do know is that if you want the engine to perform you have to gear the car up, use the factory pipes and run the bottom super rich and tune the top to 265 on the 12's. If you don't do those things the engine will seem doggy. If you do those things the engine will really cook and will finish rounds. Don't short change yourself use a picco pipe.
This we already know from alot of testing on the JL's in rays car at the canadian nationals last month.
Welcome back Dennis...can't wait to see what will come out of your hands...
Me as well been running JL's and also Picco Evo 2 and interchanged some experiences with RayJ...
I was out for a while too (brain stroke), but I'm recovering at a fast pace and had my first comeback race last month.

AFM
Old 07-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

WOW
Hope all is well. Wish you a speedy recovery. I took about 9 months off to collect my thoughts and make some personal decisions. But I'm Back
Old 07-25-2007, 05:58 PM
afm
Tech Master

WOW
Hope all is well. Wish you a speedy recovery. I took about 9 months off to collect my thoughts and make some personal decisions. But I'm Back
Thank God all is well know. My best theraphy was getting back to driving, since it speeded up the recovery of my coordination and fine sensitivity According to my Doc. it's the fastests and best recovery he's seen in years...so RC is now medically been discovered, jejejejejejeje.

Going to engine matters..I had good results with domed piston, OS TZ head button (less burn room), 8mm bore crank, dished backplate....and now I'm about to experiment with an OS carb (made a reduced teflon insulator to match I.D).

AFM
Old 07-25-2007, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Yes Ray and I had a big discussion about the head volume. He made some alterations. Until I get the latest engines in my hands I won't know. As far a doming the piston I have mixed feelings about moving the transfer timing at this point. Theres some benefit but it also causes some fussy tuning things to happen when it gets hot as a result. The gain is not justifyable given the issues that come along with it. 8mm bore. Thats to much, this I know.

Ray helped a guy with an out of the box motor in canada that was a sled. We made him change the pipe from a skyline to a picco, gear up, and richen the bottom and lean the top and his car instantly became competive engine wise. He had no problem keeping up with the latest JP Novas.

Last edited by Motorman; 07-25-2007 at 06:52 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.