R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2008, 07:32 AM   #256
Tech Elite
 
YBSLOW's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 2,368
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

What sizes are the bearings in the IDM .12?
__________________
YBSLOW Racing
RC Target - Capricorn
HOTRACE Tyres, Tru Source, Fantom
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:36 AM   #257
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBSLOW View Post
What sizes are the bearings in the IDM .12?
12 x 21 x 5 mm
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:46 AM   #258
Tech Elite
 
YBSLOW's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 2,368
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
12 x 21 x 5 mm
Are they both the same size?
__________________
YBSLOW Racing
RC Target - Capricorn
HOTRACE Tyres, Tru Source, Fantom
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:28 PM   #259
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBSLOW View Post
Are they both the same size?
Didn't you ask for the bearing size of the IDM .12?
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:51 PM   #260
Tech Elite
 
YBSLOW's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 2,368
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
Didn't you ask for the bearing size of the IDM .12?
Ugh, I think so? I have not taken a sedan motor aprt in six months??? I do not have it in front of me right now so i was just curious??
__________________
YBSLOW Racing
RC Target - Capricorn
HOTRACE Tyres, Tru Source, Fantom
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:25 PM   #261
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBSLOW View Post
Ugh, I think so? I have not taken a sedan motor aprt in six months??? I do not have it in front of me right now so i was just curious??
j/k with you.
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:37 PM   #262
Tech Elite
 
YBSLOW's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 2,368
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
j/k with you.
I know.............

Are you and Nigel going to the GLC?
__________________
YBSLOW Racing
RC Target - Capricorn
HOTRACE Tyres, Tru Source, Fantom
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:42 PM   #263
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBSLOW View Post
I know.............

Are you and Nigel going to the GLC?
Unfortunately Nigel's school schedule won't permit him to go.
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:45 AM   #264
Tech Addict
 
keavze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 590
Default IDM evo3

hi guys,
just wana find out how do you know the IDM is an evo3 or evo2?

keavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:01 AM   #265
Tech Fanatic
 
Osiris 75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Converse, TX
Posts: 828
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keavze View Post
hi guys,
just wana find out how do you know the IDM is an evo3 or evo2?

Says it on the head!
__________________
SPONSORS: AWESOMATIX USA / HOBBYWING USA / AVID CONCEPTS / R1 WURKS / POWERMASTER FUELS (VP RACING) / 2MM DESIGNS
RC TARGET/CAPRICORN USA / REFLEX RACING / ULTI TIRES

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:05 AM   #266
Tech Addict
 
keavze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris 75 View Post
Says it on the head!

oops...

btw, i kept seeing that the IDM .12 needs a lean top and rich bottom...

so...how lean on the top (turns of HSN) and how rich on the bottom (turns of the LSN)? some estimate figures would be nice...

what's the stock settings?
keavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:44 AM   #267
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 498
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

The engine likes to run rich on the bottom and a little leaner on top. More or less backwards of a Nova engine. It really is hard to tell you that this or that needle setting is right for you. It changes with where you are and all the weather factors. Base settings really are high speed needle flush with top of body this is rich and also the low speed to be flush with the inside of the housing not the outside of the control lever that is attached. Remove the lever from the low speed and then make the needle flush like the high speed. This should get you going and as always set the top before you set the bottom.
xspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:24 AM   #268
M7H
Tech Elite
 
M7H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspower View Post
It really is hard to tell you that this or that needle setting is right for you. It changes with where you are and all the weather factors.
Needle settings can even be very different between different fuel brands...
The viscosity between fuels can differ due to the oil they use, which means that on some fuels you can lean your engine more then on others, atleast that is what you think, but in fact one fuel is thinner then the other.
__________________
Serpent
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:42 AM   #269
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 498
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
Needle settings can even be very different between different fuel brands...
The viscosity between fuels can differ due to the oil they use, which means that on some fuels you can lean your engine more then on others, atleast that is what you think, but in fact one fuel is thinner then the other.
Did not even think to mention that. Oh yeah did I mention the weight of the oil in the different fuels!! LOL Thanks
xspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:37 AM   #270
Tech Addict
 
keavze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspower View Post
The engine likes to run rich on the bottom and a little leaner on top. More or less backwards of a Nova engine. It really is hard to tell you that this or that needle setting is right for you. It changes with where you are and all the weather factors. Base settings really are high speed needle flush with top of body this is rich and also the low speed to be flush with the inside of the housing not the outside of the control lever that is attached. Remove the lever from the low speed and then make the needle flush like the high speed. This should get you going and as always set the top before you set the bottom.
ya, i know what u mean...

ok, will the bottom be richer than stock setting? (in general...)

what's the %nitro that the IDM comes shimmed for?
keavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CEN Products SCOOTER29 Rookie Zone 9 09-22-2005 01:57 AM
cen products chifan26 Nitro On-Road 7 09-19-2005 02:50 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:32 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net